Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik Morales, doesn’t understand why Pacquiao would choose Spence of all people to fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Manny's a southpaw.

A southpaw fighting a southpaw negates your usual advantages, forcing you to fall back to other tactics.

Manny's southpaw advantage is angles. Without that, he has no other tactic besides speed, and speed is the first to go as you age.

Spence's southpaw advantage is the jab. Manny absolutely dislikes a jab pumped in his face from a fighter that can nullify his angles.

The ONLY reason Manny beat Keef is that Keef got dropped in the second, and the only reason that happened was Keef going backwards like a dumbass.

Spence isn't going to go backwards. For the first 3, maybe 4 rounds, he will time Manny with the jab to force Manny to reset while evading incoming fire. Manny is likely to pivot right into punches, but he won't be hurt until after round 4.

Rounds 5 on, Spence is going to stand and throw while occasionally coming forward.

I don't anticipate a knockout from either guy. I don't even think either guy will get a knockdown - but if there is one to be had, it's likely from Spence, Round 9 or 10, from a shot between the flurry.
    I already posted what I meant before you posted this..

anyway, this is what I stated.

Well yeah, we all know that, but it's not like that favors Spence who's a southpaw as well. They are both trained more to fight orthodox fighters. So no one gets an advantage here.

They only have their past fights as basis to see how they faired fighting southpaws.

Regarding who wins this, we don't know. It's a 50/50 fight. That's why it's a must watch PPV. Too many variables to consider. Each man has an argument to win. If it goes the distance, which I think it will.. I'll have to give it to Pac. Pac throws punches in bunches. If he reaches the finish line and not get robbed. He wins based on who hits more.

Spence will only win this, if he stops Pac or if Pac gets robbed by the judges again, since we all know the kid who has more future in boxing as a prime fighter is the one will give the fight game more riches.

That said, if everything is fair game, Spence, has to beat Pac before the 12 rounds by KO, if not Pac wins this on points or Pac can also TKO him before the bell ends.

Comment

Ive said this before. If PAC was the same age as Spence. PAC would win fairly easily. AGE is his nemesis. I think Manny will out class Spence for maybe 3 rounds, then it will be fairly even till the 9th. That’s when we will see if Manny’s AGE will be his downfall. Tuff fight for Manny win or loose.
      I will enjoy seeing the “Oh SH IT” look on Spences face the first 3. Everyone always UNDERESTIMATES Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Zab was never going to fight Manny around the KT time that was about the year 2000 and Manny was at bantamweight.
        I know that, what I'm saying is the Tszyu loss derailed any plan to have Judah ever fight Manny in the future.

Judah was one of those guys, like Cory Spinks, like Zahir Raheem, like Nate Campbell, etc, being built up as the next big thing. "Named Fighter" type thing.

Manny was at welter right around a perfect time to have fought Judah - 2009 - 2011 period. Remember, Manny fought Clottey at 147 in 2010 - just two years after Judah got butted into a robbery, by Clottey. He would have had more credibility beating Judah instead of fighting a version of Margacheato that had already been destroyed by Mosley and damaged, or Clottey whose claim to fame was headbutts.

Judah was there for the pickings and I'm 88% sure he would have beaten Judah decisively, a much more signature win than the corpse of Margacheato. By that point Judah was on the decline, but still dangerous and risky to fight, and had Manny knocked out Judah (Which Floyd failed to do), it would have increased his visibility significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post

I already posted what I meant before you posted this..

anyway, this is what I stated.

Well yeah, we all know that, but it's not like that favors Spence who's a southpaw as well. They are both trained more to fight orthodox fighters. So no one gets an advantage here.

They only have their past fights as basis to see how they faired fighting southpaws.

Regarding who wins this, we don't know. It's a 50/50 fight. That's why it's a must watch PPV. Too many variables to consider. Each man has an argument to win. If it goes the distance, which I think it will.. I'll have to give it to Pac. Pac throws punches in bunches. If he reaches the finish line and not get robbed. He wins based on who hits more.

Spence will only win this, if he stops Pac or if Pac gets robbed by the judges again, since we all know the kid who has more future in boxing as a prime fighter is the one will give the fight game more riches.

That said, if everything is fair game, Spence, has to beat Pac before the 12 rounds by KO, if not Pac wins this on points or Pac can also TKO him before the bell ends.
          Even you don't believe what you're saying.

Manny dropped SIX rounds to Keef Thurman. The shell of Keef Thurman.

Why?

Manny gassed in the later rounds and Keef upped the workrate.

Spence won't gas and Spence's workrate is his strongest asset. He's constantly throwing something, constantly in your face or evading. Manny's "punches in bunches" will happen in the first half of the fight, but Manny can't keep it up and he's going to have a hard time landing on Spence. Once the diesel runs out, Manny's getting walked down.

Manny's gas tank is toast, brother.

Comment

Even you don't believe what you're saying.

Manny dropped SIX rounds to Keef Thurman. The shell of Keef Thurman.

Why?

Manny gassed in the later rounds and Keef upped the workrate.

Spence won't gas and Spence's workrate is his strongest asset. He's constantly throwing something, constantly in your face or evading. Manny's "punches in bunches" will happen in the first half of the fight, but Manny can't keep it up and he's going to have a hard time landing on Spence. Once the diesel runs out, Manny's getting walked down.

Manny's gas tank is toast, brother.
            Didn't you get what I just explained to you?

IF Pac gets to the finish line he should win, because to reach the finish line, meaning the end of round 12, an old man like Pacquiao will have to dig deep. If he reaches it, it means he had enough fuel to win on points. That is the BIG IF.

IF NOT,

Spence youth should have a shot at finishing him off before the 12, but I highly doubt it. Pac can also Finish him off before the 12. Spence, is mechanical, walks in straight lines with no head movement. Pac will have a field day spinning this dude and getting those combos in on different angles..

Anyway, it's still a 50/50 fight for me. This fight will be a classic. Win, lose or draw for either man.

Comment

Originally posted by sargo View Post
              Pacquiao signed to fight Crawford. Did not push through so he goes for the other undefeated young champion. And this is after beating another undefeated champion in Thurman.
              Prior to Thurman ???

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
                People are tired of seeing him fight the same type of opponent -
                Shot
                Claused
                No power
                Righty
                All of the above
                and they are better than a youtuber.

Comment

There was a severe lack of southpaws in Manny's path, unfortunately. Even the guys like Nate Campbell and Joan Guzman that he avoided were orthodox fighters.

Zab Judah is the closest I can think of to getting a Pacquiao fight, before he got destroyed by Tszyu.
                  Clearly lol. I mean, there's not exactly a surplus it's southpaws as is but I imagine not fighting one in 13 years might be cause for concern, no matter who great the fighter.

He better try to bring in Lara or Lubin to spar.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    They showed the video of Spence's car crash. He asked who was that and they said that was one of the WW champs. Pac stated "that's who I am going to fight next."

Comment

He himself had his block knocked off by Danny so he knows it’s a risky predicament getting in there with a young guy on top of his game.

Comment

Working...
                      X