Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik Morales, doesn’t understand why Pacquiao would choose Spence of all people to fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

go check out the david diaz fight.
    Ahhh ..he destroyed Diaz. I won't even waste time on that one lmao.

I hated that fight because I felt like Manny went after the easiest title. At least that what my memory recalls but I don't remember the other title holders at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

I hated that fight because I felt like Manny went after the easiest title. At least that what my memory recalls but I don't remember the other title holders at the time.
      you asked who was the last southpaw he fought so there you go... i mean if yall wanna judge this fight by using one of pac's first fight against a southpaw, then make sure you also bring up one of the last southpaw he fought and how that fight played out.
      Spoon23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

Not really. It's the $$$ fight at or near 147.
        We don't know yet about the $$$....

Comment

All the beltholders at that time in that weightclass were all named "Diaz". And all of them have about the same skill level.

Comment

you asked who was the last southpaw he fought so there you go... i mean if yall wanna judge this fight by using one of pac's first fight against a southpaw, then make sure you also bring up one of the last southpaw he fought and how that fight played out.
            It's unfortunate that Diaz was so unheralded as a champion and disregarded as a fighter. It doesn't paint a fair picture for comparison. Diaz was a credible contender, but it was a stylistic nightmare for him to fight Manny when he did. He was also fresh off a war that shouldn't have been a war. If he had fought Manny fresh off beating Morales, I don't think he would have been dominated as much as he was.

But nobody would suggest that Diaz, as good as he was as a fighter, was even 10% of what Spence is now. That makes it hard to really gauge off that fight - Diaz was never defensively sound because he never needed to be up to that point and he simply wasn't a fast puncher because again, he never needed to be.

Meanwhile, Manny is nowhere near as fast as he was as a lightweight, which means he won't be evading punches nearly as much. He struggled to get out of the way of Keef's punches between rounds 6 and 12.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post

We don't know yet about the $$$....
              So Manny signed a blank contract?

Comment

Lol, I didn't mean to be dismissive, sorry about that. I just remember that fight and also remember Diaz's style, which doesn't help assessing how he would do versus Spence.

Is that seriously the last southpaw he's fought? That's a long ass time!

Comment

Lol, I didn't mean to be dismissive, sorry about that. I just remember that fight and also remember Diaz's style, which doesn't help assessing how he would do versus Spence.

Is that seriously the last southpaw he's fought? That's a long ass time!
                  There was a severe lack of southpaws in Manny's path, unfortunately. Even the guys like Nate Campbell and Joan Guzman that he avoided were orthodox fighters.

Zab Judah is the closest I can think of to getting a Pacquiao fight, before he got destroyed by Tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

There was a severe lack of southpaws in Manny's path, unfortunately. Even the guys like Nate Campbell and Joan Guzman that he avoided were orthodox fighters.

Zab Judah is the closest I can think of to getting a Pacquiao fight, before he got destroyed by Tszyu.
                    Zab was never going to fight Manny around the KT time that was about the year 2000 and Manny was at bantamweight.

Comment

Why not should be an easy win.

Comment

Working...
                      X