Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Makes MMA Debut, Stops Brittney Elkin in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buddyr View Post

trust me, she will make even less in MMA.
    They’re already pushing her more in MMA. Did you see the Bose headsets commercial? I’m sure that was a nice little check. Enough to pay for her training camp at least.
    buddyr likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

She did far worse than I thought she would tbh. I expected she would just blitz the other chick and get the KO early considering her level of opponent. But she came perilously close to losing in pretty one sided fashion to an absolute can there. She could certainly improve but to put in perspective how far she'd have to go, she just got badly outgrappled by a chick who has multiple submission losses including being tapped in the first round by Kayla Harrison a couple of fights ago.
      Ah ok I don't know anything about the opponent just thought good on her she got the win, be interesting how she goes over time, I didn't even follow her at all in boxing is she a puncher in boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post

That’s why she ran far away as possible lmfao. She literally ran to another sport just to not have to fight savannah Hahahaha
        Stop frontin you know you don’t believe that.

Comment

I dont there is much fighters in her MMA weight class. So good luck with that.

kiaba360 and buddyr like this.

Comment

Originally posted by breeto80 View Post
            Ok, has everyone settled down ? Ok, now everyone give their head a shake. Yes, Clarissa won. Congratulations. But let's get real here. Has anyone seen a more pathetic opponent in their lives ? I knew in the first 30 seconds her opponent was a stiff. And that stiff took Shields down easy. Ok, then what ? Well that stiff did absolutely nothing. Nothing. Just tried to make sure Clarissa never got up. An absolute pathetic attempt to punish Clarissa while she had her down. Remember, this is a stiff. Same in round 2 . No different. Then who knows what this stiff was doing in round 3 just sitting in the middle of the ring, defenseless. I've never seen a more pathetic fight, in any combat sport , in my life. Shields better thank her lucky stars that she was in with a stiff. Shields will have to be guided very very carefully for a long , long time before she gains any respect in MMA. She's way way way behind the 8 ball in MMA. That was a horrific performance. My 2 sisters have better backyard fights.
            Only one not settled down is you. That girl is a stiff, and guess what? Shields is a stiff too. This is new to her, her first time sparring for real in MMA was just months ago. No one expected Shields to be some masterful MMA fighter right out the gate. The current MMA who is considered the GOAT In MMA looked like **** in her first fight too, she lost within 40 seconds. And loss many more times after.

Comment

Well done was good for her all the haters and couch potatoes will always be critical

Comment

I liked how she escaped those submission attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

She did far worse than I thought she would tbh. I expected she would just blitz the other chick and get the KO early considering her level of opponent. But she came perilously close to losing in pretty one sided fashion to an absolute can there. She could certainly improve but to put in perspective how far she'd have to go, she just got badly outgrappled by a chick who has multiple submission losses including being tapped in the first round by Kayla Harrison a couple of fights ago.
                  "Her level of opponent" You mean someone who has 12 years of experience over her? What the did some of you expect out of Shields? MMA fans all over are being way more realistic and understanding about this, than some of you guys that sound clueless. Kayla Harrison has a LONG background in forms of grappling, do some of yall even try to make any damn sense. Comparing Kayla to Shields is dumb.

This is her in 2005 (And there are stuff much older than 2005 with her grappling)
                  [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
                  Last edited by CLUE; 06-11-2021, 02:42 AM.
                  joseph5620 and Szef like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

Stop frontin you know you don’t believe that.
                    Honestly what have you seen from shields that makes you think she beats Savannah??
                    she already beat her in the amateurs her style is also more suited to the pros. She's also bigger,taller,longer reach, better footwork,better timing and more power.

and the fact Savannah is constantly calling her out and shields is avoiding it at all cost speaks volumes.

It's the only fight anyone cares about in her boxing career and she has jumped over to mma to avoid it lol

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post

well I hope so because I like to see fighters compensated for getting punched in the face. But $200k is not chump change considering the landscape of women's boxing. If she's making $200k a fight, as was posted, she can fight 8 fights a year against the inferior comp she does and that's $1.6 million a year. I mean, she's only had 11 fights. Tyson wasn't making that in his first 11 fights.
                      Tyson ain't win belts in 3 divisions in 11 fights either. So it's not like she's still on her way up. She's been #1 in 3 divisions already. How many more divisions does she need to be #1 in before she makes 7 digits for one fight like so many male boxers? I don't think she does.

On the other hand women in MMA can make 7 digits headlining a PPV. Not 8 PPV's in a year. 1 PPV.

There is just more money on the women's side in MMA than in boxing. It is what it is. I honestly wasn't thinking there was as much opportunity in MMA til I heard more high level women boxers who crossed over to MMA talk about it. They got first hand knowledge. Most folks on this forum are only speculating. And again realize Heather Hardy made more money in MMA in 4 fights than she made in boxing in 20+ fights. That should say everything about Shields potential upside in MMA.

​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X