Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Makes MMA Debut, Stops Brittney Elkin in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post

lol she will need 3 years of training and fights, she did very good for a novice who only trained MMA for 3 months and the chick she is fighting has been training grappling for 8 years.

Not bad for Shields she knew when to explode out of the armbar too. I can see her getting better each fight, it took holly holm 5 years, UFC signed her at 35 years old but Holm focused on MMA fighting small shows for 4 years before UFC came calling, Claressa trains with Holly holm now and has her as a mentor with jon jones at jackson wink
    she trained for a year and a half not 3 month, 3 months was just the fight camp. Also Holm was an amateur kickboxer who trained with an mma coach during her boxing career so think your underestimating the work Holm put in before she got to the ufc.
    Last edited by rocktop; 06-11-2021, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post

trust me, she will make even less in MMA.
      I'll take the over on her making more money in MMA than boxing.

Heather Hardy had 20 odd boxing matches losing 2 times & made more money going 2-2 in MMA. Shields gots a much bigger Q score than Hardy so much more upside for her. Shields will find a 7 digit payday in MMA as long as she works at it half as hard as she worked at boxing & keeps winning. She's gonna have to get to a bigger league like at least Bellator if not the UFC, but give it 2-3yrs & I think she'll have more MMA money than boxing money.
      Nomadic likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
        She literally ran away to mma just to avoid savannah Marshall and yall praising her. Smh. This why boxers duck other fighters, they know the fans won’t care
        Shields would beat the crap out of Savannah Marshall.
        Nomadic and El Más Loco like this.

Comment

Her boxing is obviously elite.

It will be interesting to see how she develops. I know she's training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and freestyle wrestling. Hopefully she mixes in some Judo and Catch Wrestling. And obviously every MMA fighter needs to train Muay Thai; the clinch game, the knees, the elbows, the leg kicks. Very important to know how to deal with all of that on offense and especially defense. She doesn't need to master all these different styles; she just needs to become competent enough in them to allow her to win fights with her fists.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post

Shields would beat the crap out of Savannah Marshall.
            That’s why she ran far away as possible lmfao. She literally ran to another sport just to not have to fight savannah Hahahaha
            Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
              She literally ran away to mma just to avoid savannah Marshall and yall praising her. Smh. This why boxers duck other fighters, they know the fans won’t care
              Respect to Savannah cuz she's a bad ass herself, but spare the silliness of acting like she's a lock to beat Shields. 4 outta her 10 wins are over chicks with losing records. Her best W wouldn't be in the top 5 opponents in Shields' 11 fights ffs. Plus these mfers ain't even in the same weight division right now so wtf lol.

Randomly Savannah need to work on her sprawl game too. Boxing ain't gonna do her any favors either with paydays. And she's a girl who could probably do some damage in MMA too. Sh^t maybe Marshall vs Shields happens in the UFC lmfao.
              bballchump11 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

She said in boxing she only got paid 200,000 dollars or something, its the reason she said she going to MMA because she said the female stars make more than female boxing champs.
                hell no. Rousey at her peak was getting $100k a fight. I remember this because Andre Berto was getting $800k to fight on PBC Fox. Rousey's cash came from endorsements. Dana White doesn't pay his fighters ****. and other federations make even less. They make their money with endorsements. Putting patches on trunks. Bellator still allows fighters to wear their own trunks, but UFC signed a Reebok deal years ago and fighters must wear Reebok trunks and tops for a fight. it's mandatory. So Dana White stopped that extra income from his fighters. Someone gave Shields some bad information.

Comment

Ok, has everyone settled down ? Ok, now everyone give their head a shake. Yes, Clarissa won. Congratulations. But let's get real here. Has anyone seen a more pathetic opponent in their lives ? I knew in the first 30 seconds her opponent was a stiff. And that stiff took Shields down easy. Ok, then what ? Well that stiff did absolutely nothing. Nothing. Just tried to make sure Clarissa never got up. An absolute pathetic attempt to punish Clarissa while she had her down. Remember, this is a stiff. Same in round 2 . No different. Then who knows what this stiff was doing in round 3 just sitting in the middle of the ring, defenseless. I've never seen a more pathetic fight, in any combat sport , in my life. Shields better thank her lucky stars that she was in with a stiff. Shields will have to be guided very very carefully for a long , long time before she gains any respect in MMA. She's way way way behind the 8 ball in MMA. That was a horrific performance. My 2 sisters have better backyard fights.
                  Last edited by breeto80; 06-11-2021, 12:57 AM.
                  Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I'll take the over on her making more money in MMA than boxing.

Heather Hardy had 20 odd boxing matches losing 2 times & made more money going 2-2 in MMA. Shields gots a much bigger Q score than Hardy so much more upside for her. Shields will find a 7 digit payday in MMA as long as she works at it half as hard as she worked at boxing & keeps winning. She's gonna have to get to a bigger league like at least Bellator if not the UFC, but give it 2-3yrs & I think she'll have more MMA money than boxing money.
                    well I hope so because I like to see fighters compensated for getting punched in the face. But $200k is not chump change considering the landscape of women's boxing. If she's making $200k a fight, as was posted, she can fight 8 fights a year against the inferior comp she does and that's $1.6 million a year. I mean, she's only had 11 fights. Tyson wasn't making that in his first 11 fights.

Comment

Good for “Clorenzo”

Comment

Working...
                      X