Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter Addresses "Activating the Mandatory" and Says he Will Be Giving Terence Crawford a Call This Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    Lol Porter pretending he wants it. These PBC guys fooling nobody but PBC fanboys. He didn't want it when he could of had it just like PBC Thurman didn't want it when he could of had it. All they do is say they want it then throw loads of roadblocks in the way.

The PBC game plan is to freeze Crawford out. The play they have chosen is the "Crawford hasnt fought anybody" and then make sure they keep him from fighting anybody.
    Weird stance when Kenny Porter personally met with Bob Arum and then Arum said the meeting went well and they will talk it over with Team Crawford and try to make something happen.....Obviously they ended up first pursuing a fight with Pacquiao and even Crawford told Porter to stay on stand by. How would one take all this as "Porter pretending he wants it"? Why the hell would Porter, who has fought damn near everyone be pretending he wants a fight? He was even being respectful about the situation saying him and Crawford came to an agreement long time ago that if they were to ever fight, they would talk first and he's going to give him a call this soon/this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      Not a fan of both fighters, but this guy is delusional in assuming the fight with Crawford would be a joint venture between PBC and ESPN ala Wilder/Fury.

Nah, he's not leaving PBC even if it's just a one-fight deal. Waste of time even talking to this guy about Crawford.
      Yeah, it hasn't been made clear whether Porter is willing to fight on the ESPN platform or not.
      This fight is certainly not some mega fight that requires 2 networks to cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

If I did not post this correctly (probably didn't), forward to 1:04:15 of the video.
        Just like I covered last week. WBO basically is protecting Crawford and pulled the rug out from Shawn for no real reason other than Ortiz looked good this past fight.

They're clearly protecting Crawford because they refuse to threaten him like they threatened Herring and Joshua. It's blatantly obvious to anyone who isn't biased.

And Crawford was lying when he said "I dare you to activate it" knowing there's no damn activation.

I said before that the reason the fight hasn't gotten hard booked is that Shawn is trying to negotiate in good faith. Meanwhile, WBO refuses to threaten Crawford like they threatened Herring (Fresh after a fight!) and Joshua (continually). Crawford is very near 2 years out from a mandatory defense. Vergil Ortiz was just
        Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

The usual clowns see no issue with the World Bob Organization protecting Crawford and not making him fight decent fighters, even when they are his mandatory. I hope the WBO gets sued like when they pulled some bullsheeit with Austin Trout. Activate the mandatory doe . Crawford fangimps are the dumbest clowns in all of boxing.
          Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            Watch the hardcore Bud fans get angry of this.
            WRONG, we want the smoke, you canelo fans run away from it. You say "who have Andrade, Charlo and Bivol beat?'" We say "bring on Spence, Porter, ALL of them."

I can't wait until Bud makes it look easy against Porter. Will you be a man and give him credit? Or will you be a little child and say that Porter already got whooped by Kelly Brook????

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post

Yeah, it hasn't been made clear whether Porter is willing to fight on the ESPN platform or not.
              This fight is certainly not some mega fight that requires 2 networks to cover it.
              LOL if Porter fights Crawford, this fight will be on ESPN. That isn't even a question here. A PPV between these two isn't generating the type of numbers for it to be on two networks.

Comment

You do that Shawn, you need to know your role and go see Terence 'TBE' Crawford, and stop pricing yourself out ; you are not all that. I think Porter understands that Crawford will move on with or without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Am glad with the WBO stance here, if you are the number 1 guy and instead of asking for your shot you are playing games, then the next person on the rankings should be moved above you.
                  Its seriously not that confusing. Porter didnt want the fight and it never happened. Now Porter gets demoted and wants the fight...

Sounds like it was all talk all along tbh

Comment

He is afraid of Crawford. Afraid to lose.

Comment

I think people literally have stopped caring
                      Speedy1 Speedy1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X