Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter Addresses "Activating the Mandatory" and Says he Will Be Giving Terence Crawford a Call This Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Totally agree with you here, you can meet people all you want. If you don’t want the fight or you are part of the political games then no negotiations or fight would happen.

This fight was always going to take some political time to make, due to PBC wanting to freeze out Crawford, due to them not recognising the WBO.

If I was porter and am the number 1 guy then what do I do? I would go to the WBO and get my status mandated for the belt, yes you get 25% of whatever but if I win then no rematch and I would bring that belt over to the PBC side and more leverage for a Spence rematch.

Now after getting demoted he wants to call Bud, and talk things over. I have been saying it all along, they were playing the PBC games. If you want a fight then you negotiate for one. They didn’t want the fight via the WBO due to getting less money. They want Arum to offer them a truckloads of money via is name value, well Arum isn’t going to do that, because he loses money on Bud and even if this TWO fight on PPV they might not sell.

But but But they paid Khan 5m doe, they paid Brook 2m doe…. Hence why Arum doesn’t want to take that risk again.

If you really want the fight then get Haymon to do the fight, over at PBC/Sho (Since their FOX contract/dates seems missing currently) and bring the belt home.

I really applaud the WBO here again. They have seen that he doesn’t want the fight or he is there playing those PBC games.
    I think Porter was negotiating with good faith but has no pull with wbo(wbo hates pbc,Pbc has discredited them & said their not recognizing them as legit belt, they'd never force Bud vs Porter unless it screwed pbc) Porter is worth more than 25%, that's bs from Bud. It shows he doesn't want to fight Porter period imho if he wants Porter to take 25% in purse bid Haymon would never pay for.
    Last edited by kushking; 05-05-2021, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

I think Porter was negotiating with good faith but has no pull with wbo(wbo hates pbc,Pbc has discredited them & said their not recognizing them as legit belt, they'd never force Bud vs Porter unless it screwed pbc) Porter is worth more than 25%, that's bs from Bud. It shows he doesn't want to fight Porter period imho if he wants Porter to take 25% in purse bid Haymon would never pay for.
      There was no negotiations. They had a few chats from the looks of it. If the WBO hates the PBC then they wouldn’t have ranked Porter as there number 1 for over 8 months.

Fact is the WBO saw what Porter was doing, he wanted to use his ranking to play the PBC politics (As he alluded to in this video), and since he wasn’t asking the WBO to enforce his high ranking, they demoted him.

The number 2 guy on the list has spoke about wanting the fight, and he has probably got his team working behind the scene to get the WBO to force the hands of the champ. Something Porter/PBC aren’t willing to do, as the PBC doesn’t recognise or want to talk to the WBO.

Hopefully Team Ortiz pursue the fight, if they don’t please demote him too…. enough of the phucking politics.
      Queen_Leia Queen_Leia likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

There was no negotiations. They had a few chats from the looks of it. If the WBO hates the PBC then they wouldn’t have ranked Porter as there number 1 for over 8 months.

Fact is the WBO saw what Porter was doing, he wanted to use his ranking to play the PBC politics (As he alluded to in this video), and since he wasn’t asking the WBO to enforce his high ranking, they demoted him.

The number 2 guy on the list has spoke about wanting the fight, and he has probably got his team working behind the scene to get the WBO to force the hands of the champ. Something Porter/PBC aren’t willing to do, as the PBC doesn’t recognise or want to talk to the WBO.

Hopefully Team Ortiz pursue the fight, if they don’t please demote him too…. enough of the phucking politics.
        Ortiz said he wants it,but Bud said" he isn't ready yet,that shouldn't even happen yet,he needs to earn it". Bob sounds receptive.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

Ortiz said he wants it,but Bud said" he isn't ready yet,that shouldn't even happen yet,he needs to earn it". Bob sounds receptive.
          That’s Bud’s opinion, just like Porter saying he isn’t fighting these younger guys as they don’t deserve it….. The only difference here is Bud has a belt, so he doesn’t decide who deserve it yet or not…. if the number 1 guy says “I want that fight now” then Bud has no choice but to negotiate with him or lose his belt….. So when you are ranked the number 1 guy then you have earned the right to asked the WBO to enforce your high ranking and a chance at their belt (Doesn’t matter who the champ is).

Comment

Shawn Porter said “he has people he has to listen too” and that’s why he didn’t activate the mandatory.

Not sure what this proves besides that he allowed Vergil Ortiz to pass him in the ratings due to his inaction.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

WRONG, we want the smoke, you canelo fans run away from it. You say "who have Andrade, Charlo and Bivol beat?'" We say "bring on Spence, Porter, ALL of them."

I can't wait until Bud makes it look easy against Porter. Will you be a man and give him credit? Or will you be a little child and say that Porter already got whooped by Kelly Brook????
              LOL, look how you got your panties all bunched up. If Bud beats Porter he gets full credit from. Don't know why you are bringing up those other fighters, I guess is to justify your agenda. For a moment there I thought you were a p a ctard. That is exactly how they sound.

Comment

IMO, Porter didn't activate his mandatory (he could) because he listen to the people telling him that he would be getting something like 70/30 in Crawford favor so he tried to negotiate but Arum won't pay Porter what he feels he worth.

So now, Porter mandatory timeframe has expired and Ortiz being #2 moved into #1.

My thing is if Porter didn't care about the mandatory position before (i.e. not use it) he shouldn't care now that Ortiz is #1.

Comment

Working...
                X