Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter Addresses "Activating the Mandatory" and Says he Will Be Giving Terence Crawford a Call This Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

LOL if Porter fights Crawford, this fight will be on ESPN. That isn't even a question here. A PPV between these two isn't generating the type of numbers for it to be on two networks.
    He's talking about PBC and Top Rank negotiating. What was that all about?
    Why is he acting as if PBC gives a fk about him taking a one-fight deal?

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
      He's talking about PBC and Top Rank negotiating. What was that all about?
      Why is he acting as if PBC gives a fk about him taking a one-fight deal?
      Who else would negotiate on behalf of Porter? Of course his team would be negotiating with TR, doesn't mean this would be a dual-PPV show.

What does your last sentence even mean? This wouldn't be a difficult fight to make at all. It would be on ESPN PPV period.

Seems like you are kind of not wanting this fight to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post

Yeah, it hasn't been made clear whether Porter is willing to fight on the ESPN platform or not.
        This fight is certainly not some mega fight that requires 2 networks to cover it.
        There's no sense of urgency in that response of his when Arum is about to announce someone who is willing to say yes.

Comment

As soon as Crawford steps in the ring with a top tier opponent, he won’t look nearly as dominant.

He needs to back up all his smack talk.

Comment

Shawn had months to activate his mandatory & now that he got replaced in the ranking, he wants to complain...laughable.
            Ray* Ray* likes this.

Comment

When big business get its hold on any type of money making entity. They ruin it.
              THATS THE REAL PROBLEM WITH BOXING. Not the fkn soap opera everyone talks about.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkGod View Post
                Shawn had months to activate his mandatory & now that he got replaced in the ranking, he wants to complain...laughable.
                Did you not just hear his 1st hand knowledge explanation that refutes your narrative? He just told you there is no activating mandatory, especially not when it involves WBO & Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkGod View Post
                  How does one activate a mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post

Its seriously not that confusing. Porter didnt want the fight and it never happened. Now Porter gets demoted and wants the fight...

Sounds like it was all talk all along tbh
                    Thank you, did hear what he said in the end here? “We promised to call each other about the fight, I said some things without calling him, I was wrong, I would give him a call now” etc to summarise.

He could have push for the fight, he wanted to hold Crawford and Arum to ransom, Arum is NOT your promoter, Al Haymon is and you could have force their hands via getting the WBO to mandate you.

But you want to use your position and name to make more money than you ever made through your own promoter. I guess the WBO saw that, and Team Ortiz has shown better willingness in that regards, so they swap them over…

Job done, if Ortiz now doesn’t go for it then they should remove him too from the number 1 position…. it is really that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                      Lol Porter pretending he wants it. These PBC guys fooling nobody but PBC fanboys. He didn't want it when he could of had it just like PBC Thurman didn't want it when he could of had it. All they do is say they want it then throw loads of roadblocks in the way.

The PBC game plan is to freeze Crawford out. The play they have chosen is the "Crawford hasnt fought anybody" and then make sure they keep him from fighting anybody.
                      Totally agree with you here, you can meet people all you want. If you don’t want the fight or you are part of the political games then no negotiations or fight would happen.

This fight was always going to take some political time to make, due to PBC wanting to freeze out Crawford, due to them not recognising the WBO.

If I was porter and am the number 1 guy then what do I do? I would go to the WBO and get my status mandated for the belt, yes you get 25% of whatever but if I win then no rematch and I would bring that belt over to the PBC side and more leverage for a Spence rematch.

Now after getting demoted he wants to call Bud, and talk things over. I have been saying it all along, they were playing the PBC games. If you want a fight then you negotiate for one. They didn’t want the fight via the WBO due to getting less money. They want Arum to offer them a truckloads of money via is name value, well Arum isn’t going to do that, because he loses money on Bud and even if this TWO fight on PPV they might not sell.

But but But they paid Khan 5m doe, they paid Brook 2m doe…. Hence why Arum doesn’t want to take that risk again.

If you really want the fight then get Haymon to do the fight, over at PBC/Sho (Since their FOX contract/dates seems missing currently) and bring the belt home.

I really applaud the WBO here again. They have seen that he doesn’t want the fight or he is there playing those PBC games.

Comment

Working...
                      X