Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Frustrated: Hearn 'Radio Silent' on Fury-Joshua Site Deal, Fury Might Fight Wilder Next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jkp View Post

Wrong again. AJ was booked to fight Roly poly Mexican when this mythic deal went down. With rematch clauses that meant it was a multi fight deal. Leaving no room for 2 Wilder fights.
    That's absolute nonsense. AJ didn't sign to fight Ruiz till 3 months after Wilder ducked him.

And in any case, all contractual fight guarantees are contingent on nothing happening to prevent the fight after contracts are signed. Reason being that nobody can see into the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

So on the one hand, you advise he should just say the fight is close, but on the other you are upset because he's been saying the fight is close?
      He should say the fight is close and shut up, and get it done. That way he doesn't have to look like a fool, and get contradicted everytime he gives a timeliness. Of course, fans of Eddie Hearn love to hear him talk, and could care less.

Comment

• Originally posted by mxtali View Post

Which fights would those be? Wilder admitted he turned down a bigger money offer to fight AJ. And we see he’s trying hard to make the Fury fight.
        AJ has never fought the top 2 guys in the division. And AJ also turned down Wilder offer, if you want to run that line.

Comment

• People saying why Frank and Bob aren't doing anything ....well this is a Hearn's deal, meaning he's the lead promoter. Frank can do a big fight but in the UK which ain't happening anytime soon. Arum can do one in the US which also ain't happening as of now. Both Warren and Arum can pull it off in the Winter if things get better. It is who has the bigger deal right now on the table and Hearn claimed that he had.

Since we do not know the deal, it is hard to make definitive statements as of now. My guess would be that whatever is holding the fight, has to do with Covid-19 and certain conditions. Sure, the Saudis would like to promote their country and bring it on the world stage as a major sporting site...but that ain't happening right now as it will limit any tourism or business. We do not know if the Saudi site money is a blank cheque or comes subject to certain conditions. One would assume they will be willing to put up the money but at a time where people could travel to Saudi or perhaps make it a two-fight deal so that at least they can make something out of the 2nd fight in the Winter. Besides, many things would have to be approved by the Saudi govt.

We all know what is happening in India when they declared victory over covid too soon and allowed stadiums to be filled and mass gatherings to happen. Would other countries be willing to do that at this stage?

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

I hope so.
            Fights near getting done and Arum looking to run or pretending. As one poster said by the time another Fury fight is made it’s the same thing as just waiting for Hearn to get th3 site deal done . Arum is also wrong , the little stipulations he’s stated like broadcast rights can be worked out in the meantime before July / August . I know you like Fury but these guys are annoying as hell . Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Fights near getting done and Arum looking to run or pretending. As one poster said by the time another Fury fight is made it’s the same thing as just waiting for Hearn to get th3 site deal done . Arum is also wrong , the little stipulations he’s stated like broadcast rights can be worked out in the meantime before July / August . I know you like Fury but these guys are annoying as hell . Lol
              I don't like Arum. Dont have any thoughts either way on hearns. I do think Fury has been honest about what he thinks regarding the fight... Its not that he is a truth teller, its just that he has no reason to lie. Yes they are annoying. Can you imagine if they were dealing with "family" money and said "Hey chief just be another week" lol.

Comment

• If its a no go I can only assume whoever made the $150M site fee bid had a proof of funds letter with a Nigerian Prince's name on it.
                Mmann2e Mmann2e likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

I don't like Arum. Dont have any thoughts either way on hearns. I do think Fury has been honest about what he thinks regarding the fight... Its not that he is a truth teller, its just that he has no reason to lie. Yes they are annoying. Can you imagine if they were dealing with "family" money and said "Hey chief just be another week" lol.
                  Well Fury has been vocal he’s talked to Hearn ,unless it’s Fury stating the fight is dead it’s all hearsay no matter what . Now presumed talks of the final long term commitments of the site thread has surfaced, no doubt Hearns at work and no doubt seems like smoke and mirrors from the other promoters.

I would guess fight is announced this weekend after Saunders which is also an angle not to take away from the Canelo fight which should be great .
                  billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Well Fury has been vocal he’s talked to Hearn ,unless it’s Fury stating the fight is dead it’s all hearsay no matter what . Now presumed talks of the final long term commitments of the site thread has surfaced, no doubt Hearns at work and no doubt seems like smoke and mirrors from the other promoters.

I would guess fight is announced this weekend after Saunders which is also an angle not to take away from the Canelo fight which should be great .
                    Heresay indeed! yes it is all heresay because nobody actually knows except hearn and his contacts. Thats a good term to introduce given all the speculation going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      If its a no go I can only assume whoever made the $150M site fee bid had a proof of funds letter with a Nigerian Prince's name on it.
                      Naah! wrong sir! There is only one Nigerian Prince... He tole me and he already promised me that $150M.
                      Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X