Jake Paul deserves respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No he doesn’t.

if he wants to box, then box.

Go get some fights with actual boxers. Why not fight Chisora?

he is what a cruiser weight? Go fight that dude Cieslek. Ranked 10 by the ring magazine.

you want to be a boxer, then be one. He has the draw to where more people watch him fight than Crawford. Go fight that 10th ranked Ring magazine cruiserweight. Beat him and then all the praise in the world for him.

That would undoubtedly get him a shot at a ABC belt. That undoubtedly deserves respect. Him being an actual boxer fighting actual boxers.

but respect for these circus fights? That’s the dumbest s.hit in the boxing world I have ever heard.
    Spray_resistant likes this.

Comment

............No.

Comment

I respect him but let’s keep it real. He’s less than B level as pro fighters go.

I got respect for our own HitmanTommy for doing his Street Beefs thing.

It’s big step up from just talking the talk.

Comment

I agree that he's putting in work. But put him in a legit top 20 fighter in his weight class and he'd get destroyed. Especially in cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            I respect him but let’s keep it real. He’s less than B level as pro fighters go.

I got respect for our own HitmanTommy for doing his Street Beefs thing.

It’s big step up from just talking the talk.
            Did Hitman actually fight?

Comment

He doesn’t deserve any respect. If he ever beats a credible boxer then I’ll give him credit. So far he deserves none because he’s done nothing even warranting attention never mind respect.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                No he doesn’t.

if he wants to box, then box.

Go get some fights with actual boxers. Why not fight Chisora?

he is what a cruiser weight? Go fight that dude Cieslek. Ranked 10 by the ring magazine.

you want to be a boxer, then be one. He has the draw to where more people watch him fight than Crawford. Go fight that 10th ranked Ring magazine cruiserweight. Beat him and then all the praise in the world for him.

That would undoubtedly get him a shot at a ABC belt. That undoubtedly deserves respect. Him being an actual boxer fighting actual boxers.

but respect for these circus fights? That’s the dumbest s.hit in the boxing world I have ever heard.

C'mon man you can't expect someone that has been training a mere 3 years that only has 3 fights at the lowest level to fight a HW contender with 70lbs on him or a top 10 CW title contender. That is like saying he's got to jump in front of a lorry travelling at 60mph before getting props. It'd be suicide.

Why does he have to fight one of the best boxers in the world to get respect for stepping in the ring?

Why can't he just keep fighting the MMA goofs and low level boxers and build and work his way up?

He's gone from fighting a fellow youtuber in his debut to knocking out an ex UFC fighter in 90 seconds in just his third pro fight. A bigger step up than most prospects if you ask me.
                You have boxers with way more experience amateur and pro fighting guys with 0-30 records and nobody is calling for them to fight top 10 opposition. They're probably not expected to for another 6 or more years.

Comment

He'd get starched by a top 20 fighter, that is a given.

He deserves respect for stepping in the ring, he doesn't have to. He doesn't need money or the fame.

Sure its a circus act but the kid at the same time is now a legitimate boxer not someone that just had one fight to tick it off their bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Did Hitman actually fight?
                    I thought so but I'm not finding the video so....maybe not

billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Respect for bringing a new crowd to the sport and becoming the most hated guy in boxing since Mayweather in only 3 fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X