Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Allen Plans To Fight Again, Wants Low Level Bouts To Start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
    Hes slightly less skilled than dillian whyte and David price
    "slightly"

You are flattering him.

Comment

Good money in the UK heavyweight scene.

Comment

Dave gave some really good reasons for retiring , he reached his mediocre potential and can only really be a test for someone now. Usyk hurt him badly in sparring which lead to his decision ...it's a tough business for the best so given his history he must really pick his fights. Hard way to make a few quid but good luck.

Comment

I like Dave Allen, decent pro and a good character, but honestly, his best days are already gone. He'll never win a fight now that is as good a win as Browne or Webb. I remember him talking before the Price fight about beating Price, then Povetkin, then fighting Joshua. I'm sure Eddie Hearn would have made those fights had he won them. But it really showed in the Price fight that there are levels in boxing. Price gets some stick, but against guys on Allen's level, he is different class.

Price was actually the 2-1 underdog so I threw a few hundred pounds on him to win. Allen got badly beaten that time, worse than any other in his career in my opinion. I think he suffered some brain effects from that fight. He needs to stay out of boxing or it is not going to end well, because after he beats these journeyman, he will fight someone too good again, and he'll take a beating for little money.

Comment

If you can't KO David Price, then yes, you should automatically be forced to retire.

Comment

Agree with everyone else! Dave, JUST STAY RETIRED! A comeback won't end well. You're not at a level where you could beat inferior opponents & make any money. To make money you'll have to step up a level & TBH that can only end badly.

Comment

'Everyone has to make a living and he won’t have made life changing money. And your savings soon start dwindling when there’s not much coming in.'

Almost no-one in UK boxing makes really life-changing money. You're meant to invest the money you make in a business or something or, at least, pay off your mortgage. The only guys I can think that made enough to never fight again were Bruno, Lewis, Prince Naseem, Benn, Eubank, Hatton & Froch. Even great champions like Honeyghan, Andries, Duke McKenzie, let alone Terry Marsh, Glenn McCrory, etc weren't sorted for life.

Comment

I don't see a problem with him coming back if his heart's in it. He's not old, he's not had a long gruelling career, not been injury prone as far as I know the only thing in question is if his head's been in the right place

Not being elite or a high level prospect doesn't mean you should retire. He can easily come back to fight on the domestic scene, make a few quid and target an Area or British title if that's what he wants to do.

Comment

In this sport you're only ever one stoppage loss away from a WBA interim title fight so may as well keep at it
                    BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                      Stay retired. You made some solid pay days for D level guy.
                      david-allen-vs-david-howe-1000x600.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X