Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Joe Joyce Will Walk Through Oleksandr Usyk, Stop Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf Stewart View Post

Running at a fighter, windmilling, missing wildly imo is not giving a fighter hell.

Usyk looked far more impressive against Chisora than Whyte did by comparison.

Usyk was made to work but we all knew this from the beginning prior to the fight, however the fight wasn’t close at all, 9-3 to Usyk I had it.
    Chisora was bull rushing Usyk throwing wide hooks with both hands to cut off his lateral escape routes. It worked, to some extent, but it's a high energy tactic, and when Del boy started slowing down Usyk started catching him coming in. He staggered Chisora toward the end of one round - the 7th, I think - and I thought he was going to step on the gas and go for a stoppage, but it looked like he was happy to go the distance and get some rounds in after his long lay-off.
    Alf Stewart likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

Go see the first fight, he had no issues with that at all
      Things change when Fighters are in the professional ranks. Tyrrell Briggs was able to beat Tyson and then they fought professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Usyk moves straight back? Occasionally, perhaps, but his lateral movement is outstanding when he needs it.
        Well in the chisora fight when he was spooked he moved straight back and into a shot... saw this at least a few times. I see little head movement from usyk at least in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Chisora was bull rushing Usyk throwing wide hooks with both hands to cut off his lateral escape routes. It worked, to some extent, but it's a high energy tactic, and when Del boy started slowing down Usyk started catching him coming in. He staggered Chisora toward the end of one round - the 7th, I think - and I thought he was going to step on the gas and go for a stoppage, but it looked like he was happy to go the distance and get some rounds in after his long lay-off.
          Thank you! I mentioned this and people had me thinking I had gone out of my ****ing mind.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Things change when Fighters are in the professional ranks. Tyrrell Briggs was able to beat Tyson and then they fought professionally.
            It wasn't close at all, it was a complete masterclass over 5 rounds (They did 5 round fights at WSB) and although people keep talking about Joyce's gas tank, they seem to forget Usyk's gas tank is ****ing crazy too.

Comment

I like joyce I wish he'd fight someone easier. Maybe povetkin?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Well in the chisora fight when he was spooked he moved straight back and into a shot... saw this at least a few times. I see little head movement from usyk at least in that fight.
                Into a shot ? So he’s not supposed to get at all during the fight ? When did he get spooked ? He put on a boxing clinic from round 7 onward , hurt Chisora in the 7th and 12th .

He was hit more by standing in front of his opponents not when he dodges backwards because they run into shots chasing him and he circles around the opponent he just doesn’t move straight back as you claim .His sense of moving off line is probably the best in the division,you aren’t really watching you’re making false statements again .

Comment

Against Dubois Joyce showed a decent jab. Going to be hard to get past that for Usyk and he has nothing on his punches when he does.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Into a shot ? So he’s not supposed to get at all during the fight ? When did he get spooked ? He put on a boxing clinic from round 7 onward , hurt Chisora in the 7th and 12th .

He was hit more by standing in front of his opponents not when he dodges backwards because they run into shots chasing him and he circles around the opponent he just doesn’t move straight back as you claim .His sense of moving off line is probably the best in the division,you aren’t really watching you’re making false statements again .
                    You mean when Chisora was gassed? Bad news Joyce seems to have good stamina. He's slow but seems to have a decent jab and with his size will be hard to get inside, if Joyce choose to just charge forward instead of using his jab i can see Usyk getting worn out, he has nothing to hurt Joyce.

Comment

If Joyce keeps chipping away and slipping in good body shots even when being outboxed then he might get a late stoppage, don't see him going for an early KO

Comment

Working...
                      X