Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Joe Joyce Will Walk Through Oleksandr Usyk, Stop Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

    You mean when Chisora was gassed? Bad news Joyce seems to have good stamina. He's slow but seems to have a decent jab and with his size will be hard to get inside, if Joyce choose to just charge forward instead of using his jab i can see Usyk getting worn out, he has nothing to hurt Joyce.
    Chisora was gassed from getting beat up and trying to keep up with the Usyk pace of trying to catch him with his footwork and missing many power shots which zap stamina .


    Im taking Joyce but it’s a hard close fight it’s not going to be as easy as some think .

    Comment


    • #52
      One of my favorite Fighters, Tony Bellew, fought Usyk and to me demonstrates a contrast and really exposed problems Usyk will have down the line. Bellew is an older fighter but he moves absolutely beautiful.

      Usyk of course prevailed in that fight. I believe Bellew just did not have the conditioning to hang on and shift into a higher gear. Usyk to his credit, saw when to step it up and did so. U s y k is a master of applying pressure, making adjustments in timing and using activity to overwhelm.

      In the early rounds you can see bellew using angles, head movement, fighting off of both feet and countering u s y k. U s y k has no answer initially. I think those rounds were masterful performance by Bellew. Uysk does make small adjustments in timing and does cut the ring off relatively well. But you can still see his head is always stationary, and he used the same attack. To my way of thinking he will get caught with a very good punch keeping his head that way and fighting bigger guys. His punches affected b e l l e w but may not have such an effect on a bigger Fighters.

      I don't believe u s y k will be able to pressure bigger men to such the degree he was able to ultimately overwhelm a fighter the size of b e l l e w.



      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

        Into a shot ? So he’s not supposed to get at all during the fight ? When did he get spooked ? He put on a boxing clinic from round 7 onward , hurt Chisora in the 7th and 12th .

        He was hit more by standing in front of his opponents not when he dodges backwards because they run into shots chasing him and he circles around the opponent he just doesn’t move straight back as you claim .His sense of moving off line is probably the best in the division,you aren’t really watching you’re making false statements again .
        he got tagged very well and too often considering chisora. He also got tagged in a dangerous position... watch Frazier's left catch Ali for a precedent.

        He tries to cut the ring off, but still moves in lines... watch the Bellew fight and see how Tony moves by contrast.

        Your showing that you do not watch fights again. That you're just an idiot that repeats and those little else then says see I told you. Please stop pming me and please do provide links as promised.

        Comment


        • #54
          Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

          It wasn't close at all, it was a complete masterclass over 5 rounds (They did 5 round fights at WSB) and although people keep talking about Joyce's gas tank, they seem to forget Usyk's gas tank is ****ing crazy too.
          I wouldn't make my opinion based on their gas tanks. I tend to think this variable gets changed a bit what a fighter is really in unpleasant circumstances. If you're running away getting tagged one gets fatigued probably a lot faster then if they are doing the pursuing. I do think you cannot count amateur bouts. Time and time again we see that we cannot predict an outcome based on these, ditto for someone who was a sparring partner and did very well in sparring. I know Larry Holmes was an exception with Ali LOL.

          have to apologize I'm posting for my phone. I think u s y k still has to show he can weather a big shot. When he does that, and shows that his punches can materially affect a big heavyweight I might change my opinion about him. Chisora caught him but not flush enough Imo 2 make it certain that he has the chin to take on a good size heavyweight
          Last edited by billeau2; 04-16-2021, 01:29 PM.

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

            he got tagged very well and too often considering chisora. He also got tagged in a dangerous position... watch Frazier's left catch Ali for a precedent.

            He tries to cut the ring off, but still moves in lines... watch the Bellew fight and see how Tony moves by contrast.

            Your showing that you do not watch fights again. That you're just an idiot that repeats and those little else then says see I told you. Please stop pming me and please do provide links as promised.
            Chisora wasn’t close to winning that fight ,your comparing how many times Ali got hit to that of how the Chisora fight went ? .


            Another poster here called you on your statement that Usyk just moves straight back , looks like you aren’t watching the fights .

            Yes let’s use the Bellew fight , Usyk wasn’t hit no more then 3 times moving backwards in any round with a flush face hit , some body shots moving back because it’s the easiest shots to land but he was the aggressor in that fight took control by rnd 4 and knocked Bellew out in in 7 putting on a boxing clinic moving every direction , you actually need to watch the fights . Frazier vs Ali ? What .

            Whos pm”ing you , hallucinating again ? You must be your making a comparison to how Frazier attacked a easy to hit Ali with left hooks to a very hard to hit Usyk clean with Chisora. If I provide links leave the forum that was the bet .
            Last edited by REDEEMER; 04-16-2021, 02:35 PM.

            Comment


            • #56
              Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

              Chisora wasn’t close to winning that fight ,your comparing how many times Ali got hit to that of how the Chisora fight went ? .


              Another poster here called you on your statement that Usyk just moves straight back , looks like you aren’t watching the fights .

              Yes let’s use the Bellew fight , Usyk wasn’t hit no more then 3 times moving backwards in any round with a flush face hit , some body shots moving back because it’s the easiest shots to land but he was the aggressor in that fight took control by rnd 4 and knocked Bellew out in in 7 putting on a boxing clinic moving every direction , you actually need to watch the fights . Frazier vs Ali ? What .

              Whos pm”ing you , hallucinating again ? If I provide links leave the forum that was the bet .
              Im comparing a specific punch that dropped Ali, it is Iconic any boxing fan would know what I am referring to. See how stupid you are? You really don't understand purpose of me asking you to look at that punch do you?

              oh my! Another poster has a difference of opinion my God! What about the majority of posters here that think you are f****** idiot? That must make you really dumb huh?

              there are ways to look at fights and see specific times in the fight the tell us a story about a fighter strengths and weaknesses. Yes bellew lost the fight, he also did extremely well in those early rounds for a reason. I don't expect you to understand that, but most posters here know what I'm referring to being that I explain exactly what I was referring to

              Comment


              • #57
                Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

                Things change when Fighters are in the professional ranks. Tyrrell Briggs was able to beat Tyson and then they fought professionally.
                I definitely agree with that but Usyk and Joyce fought with regulation gloves and no headgear. But, I do want to see a rematch in a 12 round fight.

                Comment


                • #58
                  Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

                  I definitely agree with that but Usyk and Joyce fought with regulation gloves and no headgear. But, I do want to see a rematch in a 12 round fight.
                  Yeah it would answer a lot

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    Yeah, no, no way the Usyk - Chisora fight was a draw, lol. Although Derek did make it a fight and did exactly what he should have been doing vs an opponent like Usyk which is why the Ukrainian did not look all that impressive, especially early on.

                    I can see Joyce having a shot against Usyk if he can keep landing consistently throughout the fight. A single shot won't put Usyk down, he's too tough for that. But he appears to have slowed down a bit and Joyce's defense has improved since the WSB days. The main problem I see is that Joyce's power punches are slow to connect, so he's either going to have to work on speed or get the timing down perfectly, otherwise Usyk's not gonna let him land much.

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Joyce will start dominating from the get go
                      usyk will have trouble breathing after 6 rounds

                      Hes in for a nightmare of a night against Joyce

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP