Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Potential Crawford Conquest Adds New Layer To Pac-Mayweather Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Pac s greater. Champ at 19 years old and at 41 years old..You couldn't write this script.
    Nobody who didn't fight abroad can be best of era, who didn't give rematches to biggest rivals, and didn't want to be underdog to show doubters he was better than you thought!
    ——————
    Renatches are given when a fighter either lost controversially or the fight was close enough to go either way.
    PAC gave rematches to Morales because he lost the first fight. Same with Bradley. Same with Marquez.
    As for fighting abroad logic, it’s pure horse poop. The US is typically the biggest stage for boxing. Khan boxed abroad many times so he just be great, yes?
    Roy Jones never fought abroad so he must be average, no?
    Sugar Ray Leonard did not fight abroad so he must suck, yes?
    As for PAC can you name the Hall of Fame boxer he fought abroad?
    Floyd was a champion at 21 and won a medal at the Olympics. Had he not gone to the Olympics he probably would have won a medal at 19.
    Context matters

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

And if the article was on Mannys nuts you be ok with it and praising the article, Im a Floyd fan and can also recognize the greatness in Manny its a pity that Floyds haters cant do the same, I know age and maturity has a lot to do with it but the hate has so many female overtones to it.

We dont all think the way you do, we dont all see the same things, Floyds record is in the history books for eternity undefeated and he beat the best of his era haters will have to live with that because it will never be changed, who is the better man only the closest to them could have a clue to that, the resumes show clearly who is the better boxer.
      correct.. and pac has the better resume.. i also appreciate floyd for what he has done. people should be like that..

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post

——————
        Renatches are given when a fighter either lost controversially or the fight was close enough to go either way.
        PAC gave rematches to Morales because he lost the first fight. Same with Bradley. Same with Marquez.

No, you give rematches to your biggest rivals who when all is said and done can go down.in history as greater than you so it's Floyd's biggest rival. Floyd can't rely on one controversial win over pac, 2 wins over pac is infinitely better than 1 win. Before first fight even.Before first punch was thrown in anger it had trilogy written all over it.
        Morales gave Pac rematch as did Bradley and Pac beat them more times than they beat pac.
        All Floyd has achieved in denying Pac rematches is denying Pac having 2 out of 3 wins over floyd.
        Pac gave barrera a rematch. Turpin gave srr a rematch. The German gave joe Louis one. Duran gave srl one.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 04-14-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

pac is already ahead of floyd even without crawford. that's a fact. floyd boy toys should realize that before they get eaten by a bias american and afro minds.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

No, you give rematches to your biggest rivals who when all is said and done can go down.in history as greater than you so it's Floyd's biggest rival. Floyd can't rely on one controversial win over pac, 2 wins over pac is infinitely better than 1 win. Before first fight even.Before first punch was thrown in anger it had trilogy written all over it.
            Morales gave Pac rematch as did Bradley and Pac beat them more times than they beat pac.
            All Floyd has achieved in denying Pac rematches is denying Pac having 2 out of 3 wins over floyd.
            Pac gave barrera a rematch. Turpin gave srr a rematch. The German gave joe Louis one. Duran gave srl one.
            ————-
            So why didn’t PAC give Hatton a rematch or Rios or Vargas or Mathysse or Margarito or Clottey or Cotto or Mosley??
            Not to mention all those guys were coming off losses. Why does the great PAC need to fight guys coming off losses (Broner, Rios, Mosley, Clottey, Margarito etc) when there better guys to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by blowblow View Post
              pac is already ahead of floyd even without crawford. that's a fact. floyd boy toys should realize that before they get eaten by a bias american and afro minds.
              ——-

Afro minds? Wow! How brazen the racists have become!

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

Oh Amen to that.... like I really wish Alvarez would have tussled with Golovkin 2 years earlier than he did instead of dropping his MW title. But those fights happened when they did. All of them got paid, and Mayweather has that victory he never needs to justify over his closest peer, like Alvarez has over Golovkin.

To me, this is a silly debate. In resume, Pacquiao has it all over Mayweather, so if you judge a boxer by who he has fought as opposed to just his record, you favor Manny. If you judge head to head higher, you favor Mayweather. If Manny were to beat another top 147 fighter at this stage of his career, it would not make a bit of difference to either of those camps of thought. Both, however, are Hall of Fame first ballot slam dunks who own an amazing portion of boxing history all to themselves and do not have one more thing to prove.
                Manny is arguably greater than Mayweather, but Mayweather is definitely better than Pacquiao.

End of debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                  ————-
                  So why didn’t PAC give Hatton a rematch or Rios or Vargas or Mathysse or Margarito or Clottey or Cotto or Mosley??
                  Not to mention all those guys were coming off losses. Why does the great PAC need to fight guys coming off losses (Broner, Rios, Mosley, Clottey, Margarito etc) when there better guys to fight?
                  It would be good if you actually pay attention to what I say if you quote me.
                  Those guys aren't pac s biggest rivals, Pac will go down in history greater he don't need to beat them twice to be deemed greater than them. Whilst Floyd beating Pac even 3 times don't guarantee Floyd anything other than beating Pac 3 times is more desirable than 1 controversial time.
                  The guys Pac beats coming off losses are better than the fighters Floyd fights coming off of wins.
                  Plus Pac has had longer career and more fights than floyd in more divisions, so isn't obligated to fight killers after kiler. Floyd is. Floyd being harder to hit people expect Floyd to be 8 division champ
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 04-15-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Style of fighters like mayweather is ******ed and is also fraudulent.

Their basic strategy is to wait, let opponent attack and open up, then counter punch with speed, precision.

It gives fake facade of thoughtful, patient trap.

But this strategy is actually not intelligent at all, quite primitive.

Fundamental requirement of each fighter is to initiate and seek action for most of the time,
                    and not to rely on oppopent to do so.

If each fighter waits and relies on opponent to initiate action, there is no action.
                    Willingess to initiate and seek action is most fundamental requirement, soul and heart of any sport.

Also, 1st class defence is to weave, dodge punches while initiating action, going forward.
                    Fighters like tyson, pacquiao show this momentarily, they still get hit too much.
                    No fighter consistenly has 1st class defence which is extremely difficult.

Defence of fighters like mayweather is unskilled, primitive, fraudulent.
                    They run around, move backward, hug, clinch, tie up, lean back on rope, headlock ..
                    These fraudulent tactics rob people of action, thus they violate fundamental requirement.
                    If you violate fundamental requirement to initate action and then you ko opponent, I still judge you lose.

I have 0 respect for ******ed, fraudulent fighters like mayweather and so can not rank them.
                    If pressed, I put in them in level F, for frauds and fakes.

I was dumb to watch pac-may, wont do so again.

Comment

Originally posted by blowblow View Post

correct.. and pac has the better resume.. i also appreciate floyd for what he has done. people should be like that..
                      This is where I disagree but I can respect your opinion when its criticism without the hate, without the hate then it gets analytical with each guy, and data can be broken down into chunks of facts that can be analysed, most fans cant see or do this its all name value to them all emotion this is why Im happy to debate any Manny fan comparing their resume fight for fight, the same criteria for both of them , when its reduced to data Floyd wins in a landslide, when its a personality contest Manny wins in a landslide ,this is why the fighters trainers etc say Floyd is the better boxer, its the reasons why common opponents say Floyd is the better boxer, they are all looking at data through a boxing lens not like the fan which is the emotional side thats the difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X