Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Potential Crawford Conquest Adds New Layer To Pac-Mayweather Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by budfr View Post
    This was a biased article. Mayweayher being American and Afro. Pacman is more exciting, powerful, fun, and great boxer to watch. Mayweather should have lost vs JL Castillo, Oscar DLH, Maidana, ate least. They both fought Marquez and the latter KOed and fought Pacman in his prime, Mayweather avoided Pacman fora a long time and their fight could have gone either way. Floyd Mayweather´s fight were basically a running and hugging contest. Sure, Mayweather defeated Canelo but Canelo was forced to use the gloves Floyd wanted, was weight drained and most importantly, Canelo got confused with a style he didn´t know since there are no Black boxers in Mexico. Canelo has said that Floyd never hirt him, had no power and basically just scored points like in the Olympics. Why didn´t Mayweather fight gave Canelo a rematch? Because Canelo was now sparring AFro-Americans with a similar style of Floyd. Floyd preferred to fight Berto, McGregor, etc. GGG also called Mayweather and he was willing to fight at a catch weigh but Floyd said no.
    Never heard so much distorted BS lucky its a fan forum and not a trial you would end up busted ass with a perjury conviction lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
      ———

So ALL the judges and boxing analysts got it all wrong. Once again Manny was robbed. Just like he was robbed against Horn and Bradley.
      Also Marquez landed a lucky punch so basically, PAC has never lost.
      Lucky punch?? What an idiot. The earlier knockdown was also a lucky punch? Maybe Pacman had a lot of lucky punches in the fights Marquez was robbed.

Comment

————

You should be grateful that the article didn’t mention the 80% trash fights that Manny had at 147
        Brandon Rios was coming off a loss to Alvarado
        Broner was coming off two losses and a draw
        Mosley was coming off a one-sided beating by Floyd
        Mathysse was practically irrelevant at 147 after getting beat up by Garcia.
        Clottey was coming off a loss
        Margarito was off a KO loss and a literal beat down by Mosley

More important, Marquez destroyed a “prime” PAC and Horn, Bradley and Floyd all beat him.

You keep yapping about Castillo, ignoring that Marquez beat PAC three other times and got robbed until he KO’d him finally. Didn’t Floyd beat Castillo in the rematch?

Lastly, we all know Alex Ariza was mixing up some good smoothies for PAC. It’s the reason PAC refused the drug test, claiming he was afraid of needles even though he has multiple tattoos.
        Who cares if Floyd defeated Castillo in the rematch. Floyd lost in the first fight. Floyd lost according to many fans vs Maidana both fights, he was receiving a beating and amost got KOed but the bell rang, Floyd lost to Pacman and Floyd besides mostly hugging and hugging without receiving a warning, had zero power. Boring fighter. He even KOed Ortiz who was givinh him a good fight but acted like the coward he is when his oponent was standing. Oh, and Floyd ducked Margarito and Williams because they threw alot of punches and Floys would have been unable to succeed using his shoulder roll. Floyd also ducked GGG who was willing to go down in weight. Floyd is overrated...

Comment

Willingness to initiate and seek action for most of each round,
          is most fundamental requirement, also most fundamental skill that I judge.

You violate this fundamental axiom by
          0. rely on opponent to initiate action then counter
          1. run, dance around for most of round
          2. hug, hold, clinch, tie up, headlock .. when opponent gets close

Let say you violate this fundamental axiom, and ko opponent, I still judge you lose.
          Your basic duty is to seek action for most of each round, not to win at all costs.

Achievement like 8 divisions champ, or 50-0 mean nothing.
          Above all else, I respect fighters for how they fight.

I respect fighers like rousey, pacquiao, tyson, barrera, hagler, provodnikov, chocolatito, rungvisai, estrada, porter ..
          because they uphold this basic axiom to initiate action for fans.

Due to violation of this basic axiom, 0 respect for frauds and thieves like floyd mayweather, let alone rank them.

I thought pacquiao easily schooled mayweather who violated this basic axiom so badly in each round,
          even his dad "you fighting like scared son", it was so insulting, Id rather fight and get ktfo.
          Also to my eyes, each of them had less than 20 punches worth counting,
          but pacquiao rocked, snapped mayweather's head, and mostly chased mayweather around.
          It is even worse considering mayweather's much longer arms, heavier, taller, fluid injection, vastly superior boxing family ..

Also, 1st class defence is to weave, doge punch while initiating action, going forward,
          not by moving backward, relying on opponent to attack and counter punch, hug, tying up ..
          Also imagine you fight russian oppopent in russia with all russian judges, referee
          Even something as simple as weighlifting, they have neutral international judges.
          Having judges, referees from your own country, home town, is corrupt and should be banned in my view.

In any case, first and foremost, it is about fighting your heart out for people,
          to initiate and seek action for most of the time, while risk losing or koed.
          Total respect for these fighters.

Millions say paintings like Mona Lisa are masterpieces deserving huge price and acclaim,
          I say those paintings are fake intelligence, fake artistry, deserving 0.

Comment

Yes, we know who was better, it was Pacman. And Mayweather will never have a record like Chavez, nor his power. Floyd was overhyped by American media and Afro agendas. He was fast and had a a great defebse but had no power, hugged all the time without ever receiving at least a warning, used his elbows to hit his oponent, made his oponents use the gloves he wanted and the in the weight he wanted because he was the " A " side, which was a lie, too. Peopl paid to watch him lose, not win, like the westler who is a villian.

You fell right into my point. Chavez is loved by a whole country. He fought bums for 87 fights of his record. That’s my whole point. Nobody will believe the truth if the lie is more entertaining. The same guy that lost to a crack head ? The same guy who had to cheat to beat the crack head on the cards. The say guy who was losing to Taylor going into 11 rounds ? The same guy who really lost that draw to sweet pea ?

for the bold caption. I already stated he was hated so you adding that just proves my point. You hate him for no reason outside of popularity. He beat Pac-Man just get over it.

Comment

Manny nor the lame PBC welterweights are going to fight Crawford. He should have gone up and taken the WBO at 154. Jermell is strong for 12 rounds and Crawofrd would have had to fight the best defensive fight of his career but I think he could outpoint Jermell. Then again, I see Haymon blocking that fight. Imagine if Haymon had the belts at 140. Crawford would have never been undisputed in that division.

Comment

———

So ALL the judges and boxing analysts got it all wrong. Once again Manny was robbed. Just like he was robbed against Horn and Bradley.
                Also Marquez landed a lucky punch so basically, PAC has never lost.
                Pac s greater. Champ at 19 years old and at 41 years old..You couldn't write this script.
                Nobody who didn't fight abroad can be best of era, who didn't give rematches to biggest rivals, and didn't want to be underdog to show doubters he was better than you thought!

Comment

Originally posted by symplecticManifold View Post
                  Willingness to initiate and seek action for most of each round,
                  is most fundamental requirement, also most fundamental skill that I judge.

You violate this fundamental axiom by
                  0. rely on opponent to initiate action then counter
                  1. run, dance around for most of round
                  2. hug, hold, clinch, tie up, headlock .. when opponent gets close

Let say you violate this fundamental axiom, and ko opponent, I still judge you lose.
                  Your basic duty is to seek action for most of each round, not to win at all costs.
                  So...what you're saying is, you felt that Jeff Horn clearly beat Manny, because Manny violated your 0 and 1 "axioms".

Teofimo did all three against Loma. Loma was the aggressor. So to you, Teo clearly lost.

You saw Crawford lose to Horn AND Postol, because for the majority of the fight he was luring Horn in (violates 0), then clinching when Horn tried to get rough (violates 2). Postol, Crawford violated 0 and 1 all fight. There was a GIF in somebody's sig with Crawford literally doing nothing but matching distance while going backward, then saying "come on" while not throwing and not engaging.

Rumble In The Jungle - you had Ali clearly losing to Joe Frazier because he violated all three. You also had Ali losing to Foreman because he again violated all three.

That about the sum of it, bro?
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Thats not the real question its actually irrelevant other wise the likes of early Butterbean trumps them all, what a ridiculous way to evaluate fighters not everybody is entertained by the same movie, the real question here can only one question thats relative to the subject matter boxing, who is the better boxer and Floyd wins that by a landslide with the insiders of boxing which are the people that know what they are looking at, trainers referees and real fighters are the ones that have the experience to know., Manny and Floyd fought a number of common opponents every one states Floyd is the best how the fck can fanboys ignore stuff like that, I know they more fangirl than fanboy.

Fans which are for the vast majority casuals that have never set foot into a boxing ring are too much into hype and BS like schoolgirls and a pop band.
                    Ah yes, the typical reply from a Money fan, the "connaisseur" and technical expert, calling out every "casual". Must I explain that professional sports is an entertainment, and boxing as well, if not even more so? Can you not see the difference in style, approach and philosophy between the 2? You prefer Floyd's defence and careful tactics. We get it. You don't like excitement cause it messes with your Feng shui. I myself, and like many boxing fans, including aficionados, like the agression and enthusiasm of Manny. So who is the better boxer? Depends on what you're looking for. A bit like the judges at ringside. And if you want to compare the 2 men, here's something for you to ponder: Many will finish his career fighting Thurman and Crawford. Ugly Floyd fought Berto and McGregor before retiring. I think that says it all. (PS if you find Butterbean entertaining, then you my friend are the casual.)

Comment

Who cares if Floyd defeated Castillo in the rematch. Floyd lost in the first fight. Floyd lost according to many fans vs Maidana both fights, he was receiving a beating and amost got KOed but the bell rang, Floyd lost to Pacman and Floyd besides mostly hugging and hugging without receiving a warning, had zero power. Boring fighter. He even KOed Ortiz who was givinh him a good fight but acted like the coward he is when his oponent was standing. Oh, and Floyd ducked Margarito and Williams because they threw alot of punches and Floys would have been unable to succeed using his shoulder roll. Floyd also ducked GGG who was willing to go down in weight. Floyd is overrated...
                      ——-
                      You are jumping into a response that was being directed to someone who was spewing lies.
                      I could respond to you but you’ve made your response about a typical toxic hatred towards Floyd.
                      It’s almost impossible to fix hatred and prejudice so good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X