Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: Crawford is Possibly No. 1 Pound-For-Pound - But I Want That Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know who would win between Ortiz and Ennis but this killed me.

Ortiz uses him like an old pair of boots that belong to your ex who took all your money and kids(all of which look nothing like you down to skin color) and dog and left you for Chad who just got a huge promotion right after you got fired and thrown in jail for vandalizing your boss' office.

Like literally uses Boots to step over s**t, then dumps them in the nearest trash bin, where the garbage collectors throw them back out, where they are picked up by a hobo who uses them to urinate and jack off in them, who later gets shot in them, covering them in std, disease-ridden blood, which are then stolen by another bum.
    Who then eats them

Comment

If Ortiz wants it, then so it is. My advice is to work on a plan B. What he did to Hooker isn't going to work with Bud. What's he going to do when the other guy has all the angles? I'm not saying there's no answer, but he better have it.

Comment

I like Ortiz's attitude. There was a point during his post-fight interview with Mannix where they asked him if he thought Crawford is a winnable fight and he said something to the effect of "I don't care. I want to fight the best."

Hooker is a solid former belt holder and he can crack. Ortiz went in there to walk him down and stop him. Yeah, he took shots but he was just in seek and destroy mode. I think he wanted to send a message with an emphatic stoppage. Even tho I fully expected him to stop Hooker, he still impressed me.

Comment

Crawford by KO, last night Ortiz face looked like he was in a war. When it was not close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
            I like Ortiz's attitude. There was a point during his post-fight interview with Mannix where they asked him if he thought Crawford is a winnable fight and he said something to the effect of "I don't care. I want to fight the best."

Hooker is a solid former belt holder and he can crack. Ortiz went in there to walk him down and stop him. Yeah, he took shots but he was just in seek and destroy mode. I think he wanted to send a message with an emphatic stoppage. Even tho I fully expected him to stop Hooker, he still impressed me.
            Absolutely. It's quite possible that Crawford has too much skill for Ortiz, but it would be nice to find out if Ortiz's raw physicality and aggression might cause an upset. Unfortunately, we won't get to see it and instead Crawford will fight someone with no hope.
            Leicesterage likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Crawford vs. Ortiz Jr. would be Mayweather vs. Canelo 2.0! Ortiz Jr. vs. Boots Ennis would be better!
              Can't see Ortiz v Ennis happening before one of them has a title unless maybe it's in a final eliminator.

At this stage though, Crawford might be overreaching for Ortiz but, if he's calling for it, let him have it!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                What cracked me up last night, was Crawford's interview with Maddux. Maddux: What do you think of a possible fight with Ortiz? Crawford: I laugh, it's funny, I'm looking for bigger things at this point. Maddux: Spence is in the house, what's the prospects of a showdown with Spence? Crawford: I'm not even thinking of Spence anymore, he's in the past, he's not even relevant anymore. So let me get this straight, Crawford dismisses Ortiz because he thinks he's to good for him and is "looking for better thing's" as he puts it, but then in the same breath doesn't want Spence either, which is the biggest thing and fight at WW. What is it then? Seems to me that Crawford wants to dodge and avoid any big threat, I mean he dismisses Ortiz and Spence, turned down Porter, so what exactly is bigger things Crawford? Seems like he wants a cash out fight with Pacquiao only and not risk anything. As far as Ortiz being ready, I would give him another year personally but that doesn't mean he's not a live dog against anyone at WW, including the 2 top dogs, his size and strength would give Crawford fits, do I need to remind everyone that Featherweight Gamboa hurt Crawford, and even though Crawford beat Jose Benavides with a 12 round decision, Crawford had to be on his P's and Q's boxing all night just because of Benavides size and couldn't allow one mistake because he knew any mistake would cost him. I invite anyone to watch that fight and see how careful Crawford was. Ortiz is way, way better than Benavides and even if he doesn't win he would give Crawford all he can handle, some people brought up Ennis, I think he would give Crawford a run for his money as well.
                Crawford stopped Benavidez. He didn't beat him by decision.

Comment

It's ok to dream but that fight's never happening. Bud doesn't see an upside for challenging and defeating an unknown, very young, green, inexperienced and undefeated fighter with only 17 fights on his resume with very limited opposition on it. He has absolutely nothing to prove but everything to lose against him. However, at the same time the fight game is a business and if Golden Boy and DAZN are willing to put up some major money on the table for it; Like a $20 Mil offer then who knows? Perhaps, Crawford would be willing to fancy the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    It's ok to dream but that fight's never happening. Bud doesn't see an upside for challenging and defeating an unknown, very young, green, inexperienced and undefeated fighter with only 17 fights on his resume with very limited opposition on it. He has absolutely nothing to prove but everything to lose against him. However, at the same time the fight game is a business and if Golden Boy and DAZN are willing to put up some major money on the table for it; Like a $20 Mil offer then who knows? Perhaps, Crawford would be willing to fancy the idea.
                    See, you're not wrong, the problem is Arum was perfectly willing to throw Teo to the wolves and give him a shot against Loma. And look what happened.

That's why I think Ortiz deserves a chance to prove it if he really wants it - and Crawford should want a decent name on the record at 147.

Vergil Ortiz is still WBA Gold. That gives him mandatory for WBA at some point. If I'm Crawford, I'm all over that, so I can derail the Spence/Ugas train.

But we know Crawford isn't that damn smart since he could have gone up to 154, destroyed Teixeira to become a 4-division champion, which would have increased his leverage, yet didn't because he doesn't want to vacate the WBO at 147 knowing it basically gets handed to Porter.

Comment

I don't think thats the most +EV move & I kinda think Oscar will agree with me, but ya know what...fook it let him get that fight. Its getting boring seeing mofos wait all the time. If Vergil loses everyone is expecting it & if he wins he's another new era bad mfer, but if he waits & beats Bud when he's 35 or some sh^t its gonna be less impressive a thing cuz Bud will be considered washed or w/e by then. Or worse yet what if he waits & loses to a older washed Bud? Thats a bad look to. So its probably a net positive for Vergil to fight him sooner cuz it'll be a learning experience more than a loss & if he wins he's a bad mfer everyone is talking about.

Main thing with this is I don't see much upside for Bud whatever happens whenever it happens. But I suppose if there ain't much to choose from on the non-PBC side of the street Vergil might just make sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X