Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Within This Fight Or My Next Fight, I'll Be A Free Agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
    Honestly this exposed Top Rank on the Crawford's issue. Here he has a Teofimo, a self promoter, like he's always wanted, but yet still he refuses to promote him and pay him.

The Bobfather is upset that Teo beat Loma.
    Exactly. Bob Arum complains that Terence Crawford doesn't do enough to promote himself.

Yet here comes Teofimo who is loud and brash and talks nonstop. On top of that he scores a huge win over the guy many had as P4P #1, unifying a bunch of belts in the process.

But Arum STILL won't pay him accordingly? And tries to get others not to bid on the open market for his services?

That's complete scumbaggery and not acting in good faith at all.

Comment

Good luck to Lopez on getting out of his deal look at Mikey Garcia he sat on his ass for almost 3 years trying to break from his contract!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I don't know if he has more balls. I think it's Bob really overpaid Crawford to keep him from PBC because he didn't want them to be able to make the Crawford/Spence fight.

I'm sure if he over paid Teo like he did Crawford, Teo wouldn't be trying to leave.
        I don't think Errol Spence was a factor in September 2018. In fact, I think Thurman was still "The Man" at that time, having beaten Porter in 2016, and DSG in 2017. Errol was all about Thurman then, not Crawford! I think Bud thought he was going to get Pacquiao! I also think he felt TR joining ESPN would definitely get him Pacquiao in a PPV! However Bud didn't do his homework! Oscar left, Floyd left, Cotto left, Mikey went through hell to get out, and then Pacquiao left! Teofimo seems to have peeped game early on, and from what i've read, Mike Coppinger has leaked e-mails where TR called DAZN to pressure Hearn not to make a bid! That sounds like a violation to me! IMO, Bud should've peeped game when Bob played the race card with Spence! I think he intentionally set that fight back at least a year with that! Now Bud is sitting around listening to Arum destroy him on the regular! Damn shame! Hindsight is 20/20! Bud should ask Floyd to buyout his contract from Arum ASAP!

Comment

I love Teofimo, but he's out of his mind thinking he'll get anywhere near 2 million buys.. He might get 700,000 if he gets the right reality celebrity influencers to co-headline

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

He is definitely not going to generate them that money back, but guess what? He would still be getting paid more than he is market worth. That is a BOSS move, as annoying as he has been he has also being very smart, more than a lot of older boxers who are currently active. So whether he fights on the undercard of YouTubers or whatever he would be getting paid MORE than his promoter tries to pay him.... Am actually on Arum’s side until he tried to prevent other promoters from bidding for this fight, trying to prevent his boxer from earning anything more than what Top rank are willing to pay him.
            I agree with everything here

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

He literally just got paid more than his promoter said he was worth. The market determined his promoter was severely undervaluing him. So much so they tried to get other companies to do the same.
              No, one promoter disagreed with another promoter, "The Market" hasn't weighed in yet.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                Honestly this exposed Top Rank on the Crawford's issue. Here he has a Teofimo, a self promoter, like he's always wanted, but yet still he refuses to promote him and pay him.

The Bobfather is upset that Teo beat Loma.
                Different issue.

Teo actually fought two people worth a damn. Crawford has not fought any.

Teo deserves a higher payday because he beat the top guy.

Crawford hasn't beaten anyone above C-level in his division. (BoMac admitted this)

One clearly worked to earn the money being asked for.

The other is content collecting guaranteed money for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Shyt View Post
                  I love Teofimo, but he's out of his mind thinking he'll get anywhere near 2 million buys.. He might get 700,000 if he gets the right reality celebrity influencers to co-headline
                  This. He only gets that amount if he is on a Jake Paul undercard. Fury and Wilder themselves with ESPN + Fox could only do about a million. No way can Teo do that by himself vs some unknown guy.

Comment

Arum is a pos I’m a Jew and I’m jealous (a sin) of his wealth and power

he

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Good post Megas30.
                      Arum, at the point, just seems he wanted to promote only Loma. Why? Be my guest.

Comment

Working...
                      X