Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Within This Fight Or My Next Fight, I'll Be A Free Agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
    In principle, Teo Lopez is completely right on this. Let the market decide what his fights are worth. It has already worked for him thanks to Triller. I don't understand how boxing fans are throwing hate towards him. He is doing the exact opposite of what Arum complained about with Crawford. Lopez is promoting himself and his fight, successfully, and managed to make everyone more money than the promoter guaranteed. Top Rank should treat it as a revelation and work on their promotional model. The fight is obviously worth more than they thought. Correct and move on ....
    People throwing shade are Tank and Haney fans. They don’t want to hear about Teo being this big purse snatcher. Not only is he the money, he’s the best at 135.

Comment

... is Mike Tyson on the TFC card too?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyBX View Post

Don’t know what drugs you’re on, but Teofimo IS the truth. He’s beaten the very best at 135. There’s NOTHING unproven about him. He turned Loma into a ***** in their fight. Loma did nothing in the first 6 rounds, because he didn’t want to mix it up. He felt the body blow in round 2 and it completely changed his plan. Teo’s punches hurt. That was it for Loma. What you saw with Loma was he lost his heart. He fought later in the fight as desperation, but he never entertained trying to win. He knew he would be KO’ed if he stood toe to toe.
        Beating one guy doesn't mean you are proven. Far from it. As I said before the Loma fight, I'd need to see a lot more. Loma had a bad night in that fight. Something wasn't right. It happens to the best. I picked Lopez to beat Loma and thought he'd follow it up with Davis. Instead, he laid an egg.
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 03-03-2021, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

He got paid by a company that makes money putting on fights with youtubers and fossil versions of past fighters. Lopez isn't worth that much especially vs kambosos. Which is why its an undercard fight and not headlining
          He is definitely not going to generate them that money back, but guess what? He would still be getting paid more than he is market worth. That is a BOSS move, as annoying as he has been he has also being very smart, more than a lot of older boxers who are currently active. So whether he fights on the undercard of YouTubers or whatever he would be getting paid MORE than his promoter tries to pay him.... Am actually on Arum’s side until he tried to prevent other promoters from bidding for this fight, trying to prevent his boxer from earning anything more than what Top rank are willing to pay him.

Comment

If boxing actually got together and created a league...these promoters could trade fighters so we could stop hear the crying from both of them. Would be an easily solvable problem. But they'd rather these ridiculously long and absurd contracts.

Comment

“Takeover Promotions will be in effect and it’ll be Takeover Promotions times a network, God willing. That’s what I’m looking forward to—ESPN, PBC (Fox or Showtime), Triller… the list can go on and on, DAZN. There’s so many guys and I know that I bring all that to the platform.” - Teofimo Lopez

Kids has balls! Definitely has more courage than Terence Crawford! SALUTE!

Comment

Poor kid....he doesn't even know he's not gonna be the main event on that PPV....LOL

Comment

Honestly this exposed Top Rank on the Crawford's issue. Here he has a Teofimo, a self promoter, like he's always wanted, but yet still he refuses to promote him and pay him.

The Bobfather is upset that Teo beat Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    “Takeover Promotions will be in effect and it’ll be Takeover Promotions times a network, God willing. That’s what I’m looking forward to—ESPN, PBC (Fox or Showtime), Triller… the list can go on and on, DAZN. There’s so many guys and I know that I bring all that to the platform.” - Teofimo Lopez

Kids has balls! Definitely has more courage than Terence Crawford! SALUTE!
                    I don't know if he has more balls. I think it's Bob really overpaid Crawford to keep him from PBC because he didn't want them to be able to make the Crawford/Spence fight.

I'm sure if he over paid Teo like he did Crawford, Teo wouldn't be trying to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      Honestly this exposed Top Rank on the Crawford's issue. Here he has a Teofimo, a self promoter, like he's always wanted, but yet still he refuses to promote him and pay him.

The Bobfather is upset that Teo beat Loma.
                      Good post Megas30.

Comment

Working...
                      X