Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Within This Fight Or My Next Fight, I'll Be A Free Agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Within This Fight Or My Next Fight, I'll Be A Free Agent

Teofimo Lopez Jr. doesn't view his next fight as merely a one-off event on another platform; rather, the starting point for a new chapter in his career. The mudslinging between the undefeated lineal lightweight champion and career-long promoter Top Rank continues to dominate headlines, almost as much as news of the financial terms for his next fight. Brooklyn's Lopez will face IBF mandatory challenger George Kambosos Jr. (19-0, 11KOs) later this spring, with the bout to take place on a Pay-Per-View event presented by Triller Fight Club, who assumed control of the bout after submitting $6,018,000 at a recent purse bid hearing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He claims their attempted collision to keep Eddie Hearn from bidding was a breach of contract.

Comment

Interesting, even though Todd did not put a dollar amount to collude the bid, he did try to prevent DAZN from making a bid. That definitely seems illegal.

But did he say maybe he can hit 2M PPV buys vs Kambosos? L-O-L, that only happens MAYBE if he is on the UC of Tyson/Holyfield III.

Comment

I don't blame him. Arum pulled a total skumbag trick on Lopez. Bob wasn't to know Triller was guna push out a massive offer and he tried to threaten Eddie Hearn to not make an offer. Teo has an ego that is growing faster than an aggressive growth but there is ignoring Arum trying to turn him over.

Comment

I will give these younger fighters credit, as annoying as they may be (more so Ryan Garcia) they do have the BALLS to stand up to and call out their Promoters

Good Luck to Teofimo but it is HARD to win against Arum and if he has him signed for 3.5 years then it is going to be a hefty Price Tag to get out of that deal. Arum so spiteful that he will try to Shelf Teofimo for sure after this fight or what he will do is give Teofimo insulting offers that he knows he will reject then run to the media and claim that "Teofimo Doesn't Want To Fight..."

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            I will give these younger fighters credit, as annoying as they may be (more so Ryan Garcia) they do have the BALLS to stand up to and call out their Promoters

Good Luck to Teofimo but it is HARD to win against Arum and if he has him signed for 3.5 years then it is going to be a hefty Price Tag to get out of that deal. Arum so spiteful that he will try to Shelf Teofimo for sure after this fight or what he will do is give Teofimo insulting offers that he knows he will reject then run to the media and claim that "Teofimo Doesn't Want To Fight..."
            Teo's manager said the 3 1/2 years extension isn't true. He said it's less than that

Comment

This dude is just crazy lol he hasnt had a single fight since loma so theres no way to prove how big a draw he is. No promoter would pay him whatever amount he thinks hes worth and i dont see him being a big ppv attraction without fighting ryan or stank

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Everyone except Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
                  This dude is just crazy lol he hasnt had a single fight since loma so theres no way to prove how big a draw he is. No promoter would pay him whatever amount he thinks hes worth and i dont see him being a big ppv attraction without fighting ryan or stank
                  He literally just got paid more than his promoter said he was worth. The market determined his promoter was severely undervaluing him. So much so they tried to get other companies to do the same.

Comment

2 million pay per views lmfao

Comment

Working...
                    X