Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins @175lbs, i've just realised, what a load of crap!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
    How many titles did he win at 168?
    Did I say he won titles there? All I'm saying is that he's comfortable at that weight. AND he had more fights there than Bhop did.

Comment

I wouldn't say someone proclaiming Dawso to be the best Light Heavyweight is "delusional", I'd say someone scoring Calzaghe vs B-Hop to B-Hop is however.
      I would agree... it was a close but clear victory for joe IMO.. and i was rooting for bernard every second of the fight

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Chad is second now, I don't think he could beat Hopkins. Lets see how he fights Johnson this time. IMO he lost that fight.
      I do think he would beat Hopkins.. but this is simply speculation..

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
      Dawson could barely beat Antonio Tarver.

Hopkins would school his overrated ass.
      I think Dawson beats Hopkins, but again... this is speculation and opinion.

Comment

In hindsight what about Jeff Lacy vs Joe Calzaghe? Calzaghe was a 5-1 underdog with some bookmakers far more of an underdog than B-Hop. Since the Pavlik losses Taylor has now gone on to lose to an unskilled Carl Froch by KO.
        smash, who brought up jocal? I see what this is about....

jocal ruined lacy, so what? bhop ruined a bunch of careers.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          I would agree... it was a close but clear victory for joe IMO.. and i was rooting for bernard every second of the fight

I do think he would beat Hopkins.. but this is simply speculation..

I think Dawson beats Hopkins, but again... this is speculation and opinion.
          You agree with boxasmash that scoring that fight for Hopkins would be delusional?

Also regarding Hopkins, everyone think s all his opponents will beat him. He has been an underdog for all of his fights since Taylor.

Comment

Hopkins is a strong man, one of the strongest fighters in the world. He beat Pavlik, middleweight champion. So he's one of the best fighters now. I read he was 20 times world champion, lightheavyweights can't do that. Tarver is good too he KO prime roy jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              smash, who brought up jocal? I see what this is about....

jocal ruined lacy, so what? bhop ruined a bunch of careers.
              Nothing just a comparison, both Lacy and Pavlik were seen as undefeated beasts who would destroy their opponents, after the fight both fighters were found out to be not that special, Pavlik's biggest win has been brutally KOed since too.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                You agree with boxasmash that scoring that fight for Hopkins would be delusional?

Also regarding Hopkins, everyone think s all his opponents will beat him. He has been an underdog for all of his fights since Taylor.
                No not delussional... just that Joe definitely won the fight...

Being an underdog, doesnt exactly mean you are going to beat everyone, just because youve been in the situation before... he will be 44 in Janury.. you have to get old eventually.. and a fighter like Dawson, IMO is a horrible matchup for Bernard...

AGAIN... this fight is nothing more than specualation and opinion... so...

Comment

After Hopkins beats Dawson, Dawson will be overrated and green I suppose. And if he moves down to 168lbs after the schooling then Hopkins will have been picking on midgets yet again

Comment

Originally posted by François-Xavier View Post
                    Hopkins is a strong man, one of the strongest fighters in the world. He beat Pavlik, middleweight champion. So he's one of the best fighters now. I read he was 20 times world champion, lightheavyweights can't do that. Tarver is good too he KO prime roy jones.
                    ??? Prime Jones?

Comment

Nothing just a comparison, both Lacy and Pavlik were seen as undefeated beasts who would destroy their opponents, after the fight both fighters were found out to be not that special, Pavlik's biggest win has been brutally KOed since too.
                      They're both great wins.

Pavlik > Lacy though

Comment

Working...
                      X