Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins @175lbs, i've just realised, what a load of crap!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEDetc View Post

I'm calling it as I see it. Hopkins is the best 175er now and he was the best 160er for 20 fights but the fact is alot of his wins are over-hyped given too much credit. Hopkins is a great fighter, but some of his wins need to be looked at objectively.
    Now all the sudden you say he's the best 175lber and was the best 160lber?!?!?!?! WTF are you arguing about, obviously, if you are saying he is the best 175lber, you respect his wins cuz he only had 3 wins there, and 2 were catch weight fights.

Did you call me a twat? Oh man, you really hurt my feelings.....

Again, you are picking on other peoples wins when you are in the Mayweather Mafia?!?!?!?!? At least Hopkins is certified ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      I think he beats both. Dawson in an ugly fight, Dawson does not know how to fight rough and tumble on the inside as we saw from the Johnson fight, he also would not bring Hopkins anew title. Adamek on the other hand is the easier of the two IMO, and would make Hopkins the linear champ of a third division. Hopkins already has been the lineal champ at 175.
      Adamek is pretty sneaky and I think he could hurt Hopkins with his body attack. Neither are easy but I slightly favor Bhop.

Comment

Question to Bernard fans... How long do you think he can fight like this at this age?

Bringing fighters up like Pavlik and Winky, he can compete... but Chad Dawson? a 6'3" southpaw with explosive speed and combinations?

I am not seeing it, I really am not...

Adamek? more doable than Dawson IMO, but still, a come forward aggessor with a great chin.. doesnt stop all 12 rounds... but again, I think Adamek is more winnable..

Comment

Originally posted by lighterlife11 View Post
          He's currently ranked No.1 light-heavyweight, his light-heavyweight career consists of:
          (coming off the back of two straight middleweight defeats to Jermain Taylor)

Antonio Tarver - (who is crap anyway) having to drop 40lbs from a stupid Rocky movie.

Winky Wright - a 160lb fighter

Joe Calzaghe - a 168lb fighter, and Bernard lost!

Kelly Pavlik - a 160lb fighter

HOW CAN HE BE NO.1 LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT WITH THESE CREDENTIALS?!!!?

As much as Chad Dawson is a poor fighter, he deserves the recognition as No.1
          This is a good point, maybe his light heavy weight ratings are overrated so far.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Nah, he beats Dawson, I would be blown away... 110% credit ATGness he beats Dawson..
            Fair enough (I shall hold you to that )
            Originally posted by street bully View Post
            It's an opinion. I see what you think, but I believe Dawson gets UD'd. Lets wait until after the Johnson fight before passing more judgement.
            Dawson lacks the ring smarts to beat Bernard. He's either still green or just plain not very ring intelligent

His arsenal is not that wide and I'm confident Hopkins can figure him out pretty quickly

Also I think his work rate is being overstated somewhat

IMO, Hopkins takes the majority of the first 8 or 9 rounds then loses the last 3 after gassing

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              Adamek is pretty sneaky and I think he could hurt Hopkins with his body attack. Neither are easy but I slightly favor Bhop.
              No one really can go to Hopkin's body. They all try, but it doesn't work.

Adamek would have no luck going to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post

Dawson lacks the ring smarts to beat Bernard. He's either still green or just plain not very ring intelligent

His arsenal is not that wide and I'm confident Hopkins can figure him out pretty quickly

IMO, Hopkins takes the majority of the first 8 or 9 rounds then loses the last 3 after gassing
                ****, Ill hold myself to it... Thats how I feel, no reason for me to change... he beats Dawson that would be unbelievable.. and at 45...

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  Question to Bernard fans... How long do you think he can fight like this at this age?

Bringing fighters up like Pavlik and Winky, he can compete... but Chad Dawson? a 6'3" southpaw with explosive speed and combinations?

I am not seeing it, I really am not...

Adamek? more doable than Dawson IMO, but still, a come forward aggessor with a great chin.. doesnt stop all 12 rounds... but again, I think Adamek is more winnable..
                  Not long. It's the only reason I have a shadow of a doubt in my mind over the Dawson fight

I strongly believe Dawson is highly limited on the world stage though

Adamek's work rate is even lower than 68 year old Hopkins' lol. Bernard could win that comfortably I reckon

Comment

BHop has promoted himself VERY well after his fight with Tito. Other fighters need to step back and recognize that this guy has made a name for himself out of the ring just as he has in it. Bernard deserves his accolades, though. He was cast aside for years and years because he didn't want to play the game. He finally got his and he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post

Hopkins will be way out of range when he fights Dawson, and will be in his cheast, clinching, hitting him in the hip and thigh, and throwing those short 6 inch punches on the inside bruising him up. He will not fight at mid range giving Dawson the advantage. I also see Dawson gettign cut early, and freaking out frm the sight of his own blood.

Comment

Working...
                      X