Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins @175lbs, i've just realised, what a load of crap!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
    After Hopkins beats Dawson, Dawson will be overrated and green I suppose. And if he moves down to 168lbs after the schooling then Hopkins will have been picking on midgets yet again
    Nah, he beats Dawson, I would be blown away... 110% credit ATGness he beats Dawson..

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
    ??? Prime Jones?
    I didnt even acknowledge that guy

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      No not delussional... just that Joe definitely won the fight...

Being an underdog, doesnt exactly mean you are going to beat everyone, just because youve been in the situation before... he will be 44 in Janury.. you have to get old eventually.. and a fighter like Dawson, IMO is a horrible matchup for Bernard...

AGAIN... this fight is nothing more than specualation and opinion... so...
      It's an opinion. I see what you think, but I believe Dawson gets UD'd. Lets wait until after the Johnson fight before passing more judgement.

Comment

In hindsight what about Jeff Lacy vs Joe Calzaghe? Calzaghe was a 5-1 underdog with some bookmakers far more of an underdog than B-Hop. Since the Pavlik losses Taylor has now gone on to lose to an unskilled Carl Froch by KO.
        What about Jeff lacy/Calzaghe? That was a huge win for Joe at the time, the biggest up to that point. He schooled lacy in a fantastic display of ass whoopin. Lacy went on to be **** partially in part because of that beating and partially because he never recovered from his shoulder injuries. No one should take anything away from Joe for that win because it was a great win, not many people expected and we don't really know how good lacy would have been if not for his injuries and ****.

And jermaine taylor is damaged goods (kinda like lacy). Taylor was a better fighter when he fought hopkins, and ****, even in the first fight against pavlik, then he is right now. Pavlik may very well end up the same (damaged goods) but we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          he will be 44 in Janury..
          Correction: he will be 45 in January.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            What about Jeff lacy/Calzaghe? That was a huge win for Joe at the time, the biggest up to that point. He schooled lacy in a fantastic display of ass whoopin. Lacy went on to be **** partially in part because of that beating and partially because he never recovered from his shoulder injuries. No one should take anything away from Joe for that win because it was a great win, not many people expected and we don't really know how good lacy would have been if not for his injuries and ****.

And jermaine taylor is damaged goods (kinda like lacy). Taylor was a better fighter when he fought hopkins, and ****, even in the first fight against pavlik, then he is right now. Pavlik may very well end up the same (damaged goods) but we shall see.
            Taylor is still good, it's just that he isn't hungry anymore. One you lose that fire you are done.

Comment

Hewants a fight on his birthday right? Adamek is the one I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Cunt
                now you jump in the conversation. don't piggyback on my last thread and try to chop it up when you have no idea what you are talking about mr boxrec.
                Shut up you ****ing spastic. You're telling me your claims of Kelly fighting at 168 in his early days didn't come from boxrec either? Yeah, sure. Twat.

Originally posted by Stupid Cunt
                I never said SMW was his most effective weight, I am saying that the difference in size wasn't huge.
                That's the point though...SMW isn't his most effective weight. It doesn't matter if the difference in size wasn't huge you admitted it yourself, SMW and 170 were not Pavliks most effective weights.

Originally posted by Walt Liquor
                And I know you aren't picking apart Bhop's career when you are in the Mayweather mafia.
                I'm calling it as I see it. Hopkins is the best 175er now and he was the best 160er for 20 fights but the fact is alot of his wins are over-hyped given too much credit. Hopkins is a great fighter, but some of his wins need to be looked at objectively.

Originally posted by ИATAS206
                Calzaghe said for years he was going to move up. He was to move up in weight regardless of hopkins or not.
                His first fight at 175 was against Hopkins though, reguardless of if he was saying he was going to move up for years - he never did until he fought Hopkins.

LMAO!!!! Excuses are pathetic! He schooled tarver because he took away his one, two punch, just like he did to Pavlik. Once you do that these guys got nothing else.
                How am I giving excuses? It's a fact that Tarver dropped alot of weight after the Rocky film. Hopkins won because he was better, no doubt about that but he wasn't fighting the best version of Tarver imo but it's cancelled out anyways - Hop jumped 2 weight classes at 40+ years of age and schooled the guy. I'm just saying - Tarver did drop alot of weight, it's the truth and not an excuse as to why he lost.

Because he got his ass kicked by hopkins, obviously. If you don't believe me I can quote you numerous articles/interviews (I've posted them here before).
                So Pavlik saying he was going to move up is completly irrelevant then.

I don't see how a 43 year old fighter, coming off of a loss, and beating a 26 year old undefeated, undisputed middle weight champion of the world who was a 4-1 favorite not only to win, but many predicting to KO hopkins, can be overrated!!!!
                When you look at it objectively it's alot easier. Pavlik was vastly overrated, he's one dimensional and has a crap trainer, he's a typical 1-2 style boxer with a strong straight right - that's all he is. It doesn't matter if 100% of the population thought Pavlik was going to win the fact is, Pavlik just wasn't as good as people made him out to be. Then add into the fact Pavlik was fighting 10 lbs out of his best weight class. Hopkins dropped 5 lbs and was 43 so yeah it was a very good win but only because Hopkins was 43. If Chad Dawson went to 170 to fight Pavlik when he was unbeaten it wouldn't get half the hype as Hopkins doing it gets.

4 pounds north of what he beat Taylor at.
                He didn't look that good at 166 either (164 actually). His best weight is 160 - fact.

Jermaine taylor at 166 was a nobody now? Kelly fought hopkins at 170, that's 4 pounds away. As I mentioned, hopkins had to lose 5 pounds.
                He looked poor against JT and he weighed 164. Hopkins dropping 5 lbs and being 43 is what made the win very good not the fighter he beat. Which is stupid really.

Comment

well **** you

Comment

I think Hopkins can beat Dawson but Adamek would be the easier fight, basically any fighter who is flat footed and Hopkins has more handspeed than will lose to B-Hop despite the weight and power advantage.

Comment

I think Hopkins can beat Dawson but Adamek would be the easier fight, basically any fighter who is flat footed and Hopkins has more handspeed than will lose to B-Hop despite the weight and power advantage.
                      I think he beats both. Dawson in an ugly fight, Dawson does not know how to fight rough and tumble on the inside as we saw from the Johnson fight, he also would not bring Hopkins anew title. Adamek on the other hand is the easier of the two IMO, and would make Hopkins the linear champ of a third division. Hopkins already has been the lineal champ at 175.

Comment

Working...
                      X