No announcement yet.

Chambers vs. Dimitrenko: Round-by-Round and Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    Dimitrenko still has a future in this division.
    He needs a new trainer, perhaps an American.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
      Maybe Wlad will give up his IBF belt and fight Chambers instead of Povetkin? It would likely be televised by HBO.

I think it's sad that the fight today was not on US TV. It was exciting, and it would have lifted people's spirits on July 4 to see the American fighter win!

tunney thats the last thing you'll see wlad do.
      wlad above all plays it safe.

most boxing scribes did not use chambers povetkin loss as a measuring stick you wlad/dimi fans did in sizing up the chambers/dimi.
      they seen that eddie gave that fight to povetkin. you have to of read all the articles immediatly after that fight unless your blind.

a povetkin fight would be a step backwards for eddie.
      and wlad knows a fight against povetkin would be a nother easy one right up the same alley he's been travelling.
      a guy that can slip and move and knows how to handle a guy twice his size like eddie is a dangerous fight for mr.wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        While we're waiting for the fight i thought i'd use this as a metaphor to illustrate Sasha's essence in the ring, he is the human personification of the KILLDOZER

http://

Heemeyer took about a year and a half to prepare for his rampage. In notes found by investigators after the incident, Heemeyer wrote: "It's interesting how I never got caught. This was a part-time project over a 1½ year time period." Heemeyer was surprised that several men who had visited the shed last autumn did not discover the modified bulldozer, "especially with the 2,000 lb (910 kg). lift fully exposed". "Somehow their vision was clouded", he wrote

The machine used in the incident was a Komatsu D355A bulldozer[8] fitted with makeshift armor plating covering the cabin, engine and parts of the tracks. In places, the vehicle's armor was over one foot thick, consisting of concrete sandwiched between sheets of steel to make ad-hoc composite armor. This made the machine impervious to small arms fire and resistant to explosives; three external explosions and over 200 rounds of firearm ammunition fired at the bulldozer had no effect on it.[1] National Guard units were placed on standby orders by Governor Bill Owens for possible anti-armor support.[9
        oh man. get your thumb out of your ass. ha ha ha!

Comment

PM sent.

My brain tells me Dimitrenko should win a close decision, but I have a gut feeling Chambers is going to TKO him.
          ha ha ha.
          well ove ryour last several threads i think you covered every base so no matter what happened you arent wrong.

you preparing for threads down the road?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deepsix2 View Post
            ha ha ha.
            well ove ryour last several threads i think you covered every base so no matter what happened you arent wrong.

you preparing for threads down the road?
            Next big fight for me is Vitali vs. Haye on Sep 12.

For that one I'll be clearer in my prediction: Vitali will win by stoppage
            between the 4th and 6th rounds.

Comment

• Damn, so Chambers pulled it off, too bad I missed this one. I was training...and didn't feel like looking for a stream. Well, there's a guy on this site that took the good odds and risked 200 to win 500 with Chambers, congrats on your 300 my friend! I love betting on boxing, but sometimes I get into these phases where I'm always betting, and always researching and watching things both guys and their opponents did...and it makes it less interesting than if I just watched the fights, without money on them. When I put money on a fight it's about 3-500.00 almost always, and it just makes the whole fight watching experience too electric for me, to do it all the time...sometimes it's nice to just watch a fight without anything on the line, especially if it's more of a toss up...but it's nice to place bets here and there if you know about the fight game, why not make money with knowledge.

I had a feeling Chambers didn't want it to goto the cards, going overseas and ****.

Comment

Next big fight for me is Vitali vs. Haye on Sep 12.

For that one I'll be clearer in my prediction: Vitali will win by stoppage
                between the 4th and 6th rounds.
                I haven't decided on this one yet. I know Wladimir would handle Haye with just his left hand, but Vitali is obviously the weaker Klitschko now. Who knows, Haye could storm out and rip shots on Vitali's vertebrae. Didn't he have back problems recently, I thought I remembered him pulling out of a fight with either Rahman or someone a few years ago because of vertebrae issues..

On paper, either Klitschko should stop Haye inside 8 rounds, but Haye is obviously juicing, and you know he's training hard after ducking Wlad. I guess his plan is to dust his big bro, the man who avenged the Sanders KO, then do some more cycles and go after the big fish. It's cool, it's world level boxing...steroids are basically accepted, look at how many great boxers did them on the world level. I am not ripping on Haye for doing them.
                Last edited by Dynamite Glove; 07-05-2009, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X