No announcement yet.

Chambers vs. Dimitrenko: Round-by-Round and Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chambers vs. Dimitrenko: Round-by-Round and Discussion Thread

Two of the best young heavyweights square off!

There's a lot at stake here. If Chambers wins, he will have a title shot at Wlad and be widely regarded as the best American heavyweight. If Dimitrenko wins, he will have proven beyond doubt he is a worthy heavyweight contender and will have a world title fight with Wlad.

Can Chambers win? Can a 6'1" man defeat a 6'7" man?

The answer is yes, it is possible! Jack Dempsey dominated Jess Willard. Ruslan Chagaev defeated Nicolay Valuev. Sultan Ibragimov outboxed Shannon Briggs. And remember, Chambers has stopped several bigger men in the past, such as Derek Rossy and Raphael Butler.

Chambers has the advantage in speed and technical skills, while Dimitrenko has an edge in reach (83" to 75") and power (65% KO percentage compared to 51%).

Interesting matchup!
    Last edited by The Hammer; 07-04-2009, 11:20 AM.

Does this come on any American stations or do I have to watch a crappy stream? And when I do the math in my head, Dimitrenko should win. And I really believe chambers is too small. 208 pounds is too small unless he gains some weight and goes up a bit more like 215-220. Sure his footwork will be good, but povetkin has punched through Chambers defense. What makes people think a big guy like Dimitrenko couldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
      Does this come on any American stations or do I have to watch a crappy stream? And when I do the math in my head, Dimitrenko should win. And I really believe chambers is too small. 208 pounds is too small unless he gains some weight and goes up a bit more like 215-220. Sure his footwork will be good, but povetkin has punched through Chambers defense. What makes people think a big guy like Dimitrenko couldn't?
      Sometime being lighter gives a fighter an advantage in speed. Watch Dempsey-Willard and Chagaev-Valuev.

I think Chambers will be better at 208 than he was at 220.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
        Two of the best young heavyweights square off!

There's a lot at stake here. If Chambers wins, he will have a title shot at Wlad and be widely regarded as the best American heavyweight. If Dimitrenko wins, he will have proven beyond doubt he is a worthy heavyweight contender and will have a world title fight with Wlad.

Can Chambers win? Can a 6'1" man defeat a 6'7" man?

The answer is yes, it is possible! Jack Dempsey dominated Jess Willard. Ruslan Chagaev defeated Nicolay Valuev. Sultan Ibragimov outboxed Shannon Briggs. And remember, Chambers has stopped several bigger men in the past, such as Derek Rossy and Raphael Butler.

Chambers has the advantage in speed and technical skills, while Dimitrenko has an edge in reach (83" to 75") and power (65% KO percentage compared to 51%).

Interesting matchup!
        hey tunney, do you know what time it starts??
        and what channel???

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
          Sometime being lighter gives a fighter an advantage in speed. Watch Dempsey-Willard and Chagaev-Valuev.

I think Chambers will be better at 208 than he was at 220.
          Yeah that works, but if you get caught then it could be all over. Fighters punch resistance goes down a bit especially when their fighting big guys. And Dimitrenko is a known power puncher. Also when Chambers normally pulls back with his defense, that would be a terrible move against someone bigger then him. Will see, I'm calling it a bad move for this fight though.

Comment

I have a good deal of points bet on Dimitrenko but I'm starting to get nervous, Eddie is looking determined and is in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
              hey tunney, do you know what time it starts??
              and what channel???
              It is being televised in several countries (JTV in Poland, ZDF in Germany, RTO, Boxeo, etc) but not in the US. However there will very likely be streams available at fight time.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
                Yeah that works, but if you get caught then it could be all over. Fighters punch resistance goes down a bit especially when their fighting big guys. And Dimitrenko is a known power puncher. Also when Chambers normally pulls back with his defense, that would be a terrible move against someone bigger then him. Will see, I'm calling it a bad move for this fight though.
                i dont think its on tv in america i wish i could find a stream.

Comment

tunney if you find a stream hook me up please..and what time will it start

Comment

I dunno why, my head says that Dimitrenko will win this, but I have a gut feeling that Chambers will pull it off. Very interesting match up.

Shame I won't be able to watch it live, I'm going to the Cinema in a while, but i'll deffinatly be downloading this one

Comment

Working...
                    X