No announcement yet.

Chambers vs. Dimitrenko: Round-by-Round and Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
    I guess the stock of Povetkin, who had defeated Chambers a year ago, goes up then. I wonder who would win the rematch.
    Povetkin is a real boxer as opposed to the hyped Dimitrenko who's been looking good against soft targets. Povetkin - Chambers would be a interesting fight

Comment

• Originally posted by !! 2Tough !! View Post
      when he fought Povetkin he was fat and didnt have Bhops trainer.. rematch would be good.

LMAO.... Povetkin was also fat...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
        I guess the stock of Povetkin, who had defeated Chambers a year ago, goes up then. I wonder who would win the rematch.
        Povetkin has the best amateur record of all time at super heavyweight - he won something like 12 Gold medals.

I've always said Povetkin is better than Dimitrenko. Size matters more to women than it does in boxing.

But Dimitrenko showed great heart today, coming back to win the next round after he was hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Feint View Post
          Chambers had good speed but needs to increase his work rate and still needs to drop 10 to 15 more pounds. I still don't see him beating Wlad, however.
          That will drop him to cruiser weight, where he can be a name against adamek, dawson, who are 2 boring fighters especially dawson.

Either that, or build more muscle and stay in hw

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
            Povetkin has the best amateur record of all time But Dimitrenko showed great heart today, coming back to win the next round after he was hurt.
            yep running from a guy who was 50lbs and half a foot smaller and bitching about fouls at every opportunity. Chambers doesnt have any power and still put him down, guy is chinny too.

Comment

• Maybe Wlad will give up his IBF belt and fight Chambers instead of Povetkin? It would likely be televised by HBO.

I think it's sad that the fight today was not on US TV. It was exciting, and it would have lifted people's spirits on July 4 to see the American fighter win!

Comment

• Anyone who said Chambers should go down to Cruiser in this thread should get a one week ban.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  Anyone who said Chambers should go down to Cruiser in this thread should get a one week ban.
                  No real money at cruiser, but Chambers could really clean that divisin out. I would liketo see him school haye though. Why go down and make 50 percnt less?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    Anyone who said Chambers should go down to Cruiser in this thread should get a one week ban.
                    Yeah I have no idea one person started saying it then everyone else followed. Why can't there be a smaller HW that is successful.

Comment

• Dimitrenko still has a future in this division.

Comment

Working...
                      X