Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson VS Vitali Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm done with this particular "What If" fight. The problem with this **** is that people forget the whole picture in the "what if" scenario. You have to take into account the good (and bad) of both fighters, not just the one you like.

Comment

Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
      Sam Peter has no movement, you know what I meant. Tyson is not stationary that is why the comparison was made, to actually make a point.

Are you putting in a prime Vitali who lost to an old Lennox Lewis against a Prime Tyson? It's like taking candy from a baby.
      That 37 year old Lennox beats Tyson as well. Real talk.

Comment

I'm actually not sure who wins: Vitali at his best vs. Tyson at his best which was from Berbick to Spinks.

Tough call and I'll have to think about it.

Certain things make me say Vitali and other things make me say Tyson.

One of the things is that I wonder how well Vitali could take body punches given he is such a big man with a big mid-section for Tyson to bang on. And then Vitali has his hands down could be trouble and open up a cut.

But for Vitali: Could Tyson keep up with the punch-out-put and awkward angles Vitali punches from. Vitali isn't that fast of a puncher so Tyson has the edge with getting out of the way of them but I still wonder about pacing.

And Vitali did lose to Byrd because he hurt his shoulder. How? I think and I'm not positive, it was from throwing a punch and missing. That happens in boxing. I think it also happened to Holyfield when he fought Byrd. So Vitali would have that problem of missing without making contact on a target.

Lots to think about it so I'll hold off.
        Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-20-2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
          Buddy, I know you're a fan, but you're not playing the "What If" game properly. First of all, you don't go "under" Vitali's jab...if you go low, you end up catching it as you come in because he keeps it low and fires it from the hip. Secondly, as Tyson does try to move in, Klitchko backpedals and brings up that jab/uppercut thing he throws and catches Iron Mike as he comes in with it nearly every time. The only damage Vitali is receiving at this point is bruised knuckles. And if Mike does happen to make it inside, Vitali simply ties him up (remember, it's Wlad that didn't learn this trick until too late, not Vitali). Meanwhile, every time Mike has tried to come inside he's getting hit with the left, and about half the time a right hand behind it. Pretty soon Mike gets discouraged from even trying to come inside, and the end, at this point, is very near. Vitali would probably hurt him with a left, then pummel him to the canvas with a few rights before the ref calls it, or Mike decides not to answer the next bell.
          We made our points. Tyson (prime that is) was a different class of fighter than Vitali. Great will always beat good. You can't look a Vitali's career and say, yes that man is a great fighter. Based on what? I will give you the respect that VK has beaten everyone placed in front of him. Thats all you can do. Prime vs Prime.. no way. Isn't there some sort of program that could play out this fight and answer it once and for all.. Anyone? (sound of crickets) No one cares. :*(

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            That 37 year old Lennox beats Tyson as well. Real talk.
            Please, before you can "Real Talk" you need to "Real Read" the start of the thread says Prime vs Prime.

Comment

Please, before you can "Real Talk" you need to "Real Read" the start of the thread says Prime vs Prime.
              That 37 year old version of Lennox Lewis beats Prime Tyson. Clear enough for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                That 37 year old version of Lennox Lewis beats Prime Tyson. Clear enough for you?
                Are we ignoring what we are talking about to go into a new argument now? Prime Tyson loses to 37 year old Lewis... Make that thread and poll and see how far that goes.

Comment

Are we ignoring what we are talking about to go into a new argument now? Prime Tyson loses to 37 year old Lewis... Make that thread and poll and see how far that goes.
                  Yeah I dont agree to that. that was not a primed tyson that lost to Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                    I am interested to get your guys predictions on this fight, if both were in their primes.

If both men fought their best fight Tyson is almost certain to win. Klitschko is not fast, has a leaky defense and is technically flawed which theoretically makes him an easy match for Tyson. However, lets put an emphasis on "theoretically." Tyson in his prime did not always perform at his best, and a guy like Klitschko could easily throw him off his game. He had a problem with big men.

Comment

Tyson takes this easily imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X