Tyson VS Vitali Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demise View Post
    Tyson is a lot faster then Vitali.

Tyson would be able to get inside and once he does, then Vitali is going to get hit..a lot.
    Vitali is FAR too mobile to allow Tyson to get inside within striking range. That wouldn't work for Mike, and that was pretty much his entire game plan.

This isn't no Haye vs Vitali here. Tyson is a lot tougher then Haye, he's probably faster and alot stronger. He wasn't the youngest ever heavyweight champion of the world for nothing...
    Tougher? Tyson crumbled the first time he got seriously hurt in a fight. The guy had no heart.

Comment

Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
      That's absurd. Prime Mike isn't Sam Peter. Mike could move, Stickman. Mike would go under Vitali's Jab, or hook and bring the fight on the inside where the most damage would take place. Seperated by refs and repeated once again. The accumulation of damage would start to wear down Klitschko. Tyson would be too tough to hit by Vitali. But Prime Tyson had a great chin, he could take anything Vitali dished out on the rare occasion something laded and would give more than he received.
      What does Sam Peter have to do with anything? Wait, are you taking prime Tyson and putting him in there with the 37 year old Vitali that hadn't fought in 4 years? No wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
        That's absurd. Prime Mike isn't Sam Peter. Mike could move, Stickman. Mike would go under Vitali's Jab, or hook and bring the fight on the inside where the most damage would take place. Seperated by refs and repeated once again. The accumulation of damage would start to wear down Klitschko. Tyson would be too tough to hit by Vitali. But Prime Tyson had a great chin, he could take anything Vitali dished out on the rare occasion something laded and would give more than he received.
        Buddy, I know you're a fan, but you're not playing the "What If" game properly. First of all, you don't go "under" Vitali's jab...if you go low, you end up catching it as you come in because he keeps it low and fires it from the hip. Secondly, as Tyson does try to move in, Klitchko backpedals and brings up that jab/uppercut thing he throws and catches Iron Mike as he comes in with it nearly every time. The only damage Vitali is receiving at this point is bruised knuckles. And if Mike does happen to make it inside, Vitali simply ties him up (remember, it's Wlad that didn't learn this trick until too late, not Vitali). Meanwhile, every time Mike has tried to come inside he's getting hit with the left, and about half the time a right hand behind it. Pretty soon Mike gets discouraged from even trying to come inside, and the end, at this point, is very near. Vitali would probably hurt him with a left, then pummel him to the canvas with a few rights before the ref calls it, or Mike decides not to answer the next bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          Well when your prime is over at what? 23? And you were fighting cans, a LHW and a shot former great before then, it's kinda hard to tell.

Well Tyson was 21 when he became HW champ, same as Floyd Patterson. Do you honestly think Patterson has any chance with Vitali?

Tyson is a lot faster than Vitali, but then again, so was Herbie Hide.
          Tyson was 20 years old and 4 months when he became HW champ, younger then Floyd was 21 years old and 10 months (roughly). Not that it makes any difference lol.

But yea, it's sad that Tyson's prime was so short and against lackluster opponents. But just his determination and heart was great. He was an emotional fighter, every person he fought he'd imagine that they were trying to take everything away from him and he'd end up back in Brownsville on the streets. Deep down inside he was ****ting himself, whether he was fighting tomato cans or not.

Tyson is probably the biggest 'could of been' ever. You can argue that he was a heavyweight champion, but he could of been so much more in terms of ATG status.

I'm not a Tyson fan btw, I just think that his style and size is trouble for Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
            Tougher? Tyson crumbled the first time he got seriously hurt in a fight. The guy had no heart.
            He had no heart?

Oh dear..

Like I said, watch that Tyson film. Then come back here and tell me how much your opinions and perspective on Tyson have changed.

Comment

What does Sam Peter have to do with anything? Wait, are you taking prime Tyson and putting him in there with the 37 year old Vitali that hadn't fought in 4 years? No wonder.
              Sam Peter has no movement, you know what I meant. Tyson is not stationary that is why the comparison was made, to actually make a point.

Are you putting in a prime Vitali who lost to an old Lennox Lewis against a Prime Tyson? It's like taking candy from a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
                how come he came in 2 lbs heavier than when he fought spinks, when he was supposedly indestructible?
                It's how he lost the weight. When he was with Rooney, he would go no more than 15 pounds over his fight-weight. He was also a very active fighter while under Cayton's management...as well as being well trained by Rooney, the only trainer that could hone his skills.

When he fought Douglas, he ballooned up in weight to 260+ and then went on a crash-diet to get his weight down. There was even an interview I read a while back which I think was with Berbick actually, that said he was sparring with or watching Tyson spar before he even left for Japan and was getting his ass kicked even there. Nobody knew why but he had no fire.

There was also that book that was written about that fight that said the Team had trouble getting Tyson on the plane because he didn't want to go.

Either way, that wasn't the same fighter Rooney trained...but in the end, it was Tyson's fault so that is a hit on his legacy.

The crazy part is thinking how young he was when he threw it all a way. And given most fighters reach their prime at 25+ and he was continually improving with each fight under Rooney and was said to be even better in the gym...that's sad to think about. What he would have done in the 90's had he stayed the course is up for debate and I don't know how well he would have done. I think Lewis would have still bothered him out of all the fighters.
                Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-20-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                  Tyson was 20 years old and 4 months when he became HW champ, younger then Floyd was 21 years old and 10 months (roughly). Not that it makes any difference lol.

But yea, it's sad that Tyson's prime was so short and against lackluster opponents. But just his determination and heart was great. He was an emotional fighter, every person he fought he'd imagine that they were trying to take everything away from him and he'd end up back in Brownsville on the streets. Deep down inside he was ****ting himself, whether he was fighting tomato cans or not.

Tyson is probably the biggest 'could of been' ever. You can argue that he was a heavyweight champion, but he could of been so much more in terms of ATG status.

I'm not a Tyson fan btw, I just think that his style and size is trouble for Vitali.
                  I think you are misunderstanding the difference between Champ, which Patterson was, and the strap that Mike won from Berbick (in his first defense) at age 20. Mike did go on to become Champ, but that was not until age 21.

Did you just say Mike's size is trouble for Vitali? Vitali only had trouble with taller guys like Lennox, where he couldn't just lean back out to avoid punches.

But you really think Patterson could beat Vitali as well?

Comment

I think you are misunderstanding the difference between Champ, which Patterson was, and the strap that Mike won from Berbick (in his first defense) at age 20. Mike did go on to become Champ, but that was not until age 21.

Did you just say Mike's size is trouble for Vitali? Vitali only had trouble with taller guys like Lennox, where he couldn't just lean back out to avoid punches.

But you really think Patterson could beat Vitali as well?
                    Make it rain with that red k jimmy, make it rain.

Comment

Tyson hitting a 6'5 or 6'6 Ribalta just in case anybody mentions height. Also notice the movement and combos and how he is hitting such a tall fighter in the head by ****ing to the body to bring the head and gloves down.

Comment

Working...
                      X