No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bray26 View Post
    It's funny how you don't mention who floyd beat for his belts: gatti at 140 baldomir at 147 and no defenses! Cotto won belts and defended belts against the best the division had! Shane, margarito, and now clottey! Get a grip don't let your blind dick riding make u look any dumber!
    Does this make you feel better rook? Floyd beat Genaro Hernandez who was 38 and 0 and defended the WBC belt 8 times at 130. Then his 1st fight @ 135 was against JLC defended it 3xs and moved to 140 fought Corley, Brussels and Gatti. Jumped to 147 and fought Mitchell and then Judah for the IBF title. Turn around and fought Baldomir for the WBC belt. Finished off fighting the champ DLH @ 154 for another WBC belt . See the pattern?? Always fighting champions.. Nothing VACATED!! If you didnt know his defense against Hatton was for his belt. So there goes your theory of NO defenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Nah, Grustler's a good poster, he's usually not a blind hater like most on here. But that comment I took issue with.
      i know hes a good poster, which is why i continue to dabate with him. If he was just a nuthugger, and insulted people i wouldv just gave him a **** you and have a nice day.

Comment

• For ANYONE that agreed with this article ask yourself this question. Are you really a fan of a fighter if you don't want him to fight the best? Is that what a fan does? You should be PISSED OFF that they don't want none of Floyd, it's the best against the best, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
          Does this make you feel better rook? Floyd beat Genaro Hernandez who was 38 and 0 and defended the WBC belt 8 times at 130. Then his 1st fight @ 135 was against JLC defended it 3xs and moved to 140 fought Corley, Brussels and Gatti. Jumped to 147 and fought Mitchell and then Judah for the IBF title. Turn around and fought Baldomir for the WBC belt. Finished off fighting the champ DLH @ 154 for another WBC belt . See the pattern?? Always fighting champions.. Nothing VACATED!! If you didnt know his defense against Hatton was for his belt. So there goes your theory of NO defenses.
          De La Hoya took Hernandez's 0 not Floyd. The first fight with JLC was a robbery and you know it. Although give Floyd credit for not only taking a rematch, but winning it in clear fashion. Gatti was finished and Oscar was a close fight, Floyd won however somewhat clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            Man, you're turning into a hater. Maybe it's Cotto fans that are making you turn into one, but you are.

Did you really expect Cotto to fight Williams after the beatdown he got against Tony? That's ridiculous if you do.

If that's the case Floyd fans shouldn't act like it's crazy for people to expect Floyd to fight Williams in his fight back.

There's nothing wrong with either, to make a comment like that is beneath you man.
            Come on man, how can you call me a hater because everything I'm
            saying is what it is? I aint making this **** up. People bash Floyd
            for coming back and fighting a dangerous tune up like JMM
            AFTER 2 YEARS!!!! But give Cotto credit coming back after 7 months
            to fight Michael Jennings for a vacant Strap that Paul Williams left
            because he couldn't get a fight at 147? Cotto could have fought
            Williams coming back, wasn't like Cotto was out of the ring for
            2 YEARS!!!!! like Floyd Mayweather Jr. Plus a fight with JMM is
            more impressive to me than a fight with Michael Jennings.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              Freddie Roach and Bob Arum has went on record and said that they
              would want to get the most advantage over Mayweather Jr that
              they could. Freddie said catch weight to take any advantage he
              could for Manny over Floyd and Bob Arum said the longer Floyd is
              out of the ring the better if he comes back to fight Pacquiao. Now
              this guy? They are leary of Pacquiao getting beat and the last thing
              Arum wants is for that to happen especially by Floyd Mayweather Jr.
              So far they have made every excuse to not fight Floyd, Money, boring
              fight, Floyd should have waited till after Hatton.....come on guys.
              Arum and Roach are not singing from the same songsheet. Roach wants Pac to fight Mayweather, Arum doesn't.

As for it being at catchweight, given that most of Floyd's fans claim that Floyd is a natural Jnr Welterweight, and that he is not a natural Welterweight, and given that Pac is definitely not a natural Welterweight, the fight should certainly not be at 147, it should either be at 140 or at catchweight. Especially if the fight is going to be billed as determining who is P4P #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                He wants it and so does Pac. See here for instance:
                “I think it (Pacquiao-Mayweather) is a very good possibility," Roach said in a post-fight interview posted at Skysports.com.

“It’s gonna be a great fight between the two best fighters in the world," added Roach, who also won the “Pound for pound trainer" trophy over his equally outspoken rival at the Hatton camp, Floyd Mayweather Sr. attached to the fight's winner.
                idk dave, i get the feeling arum may actually push for the cotto fight, assuming he beats clottey, and i don't think we'd get much protest from pacman or roach, even though the cotto fight would pale in comparison to a mayweather fight. if pacman REALLY wanted mayweather next, that's what he'd be saying, instead of going the cotto route, "i'll leave it up to my promoter..."

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                Freddie Roach and Bob Arum has went on record and said that they
                would want to get the most advantage over Mayweather Jr that
                they could. Freddie said catch weight to take any advantage he
                could for Manny over Floyd and Bob Arum said the longer Floyd is
                out of the ring the better if he comes back to fight Pacquiao. Now
                this guy? They are leary of Pacquiao getting beat and the last thing
                Arum wants is for that to happen especially by Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                So far they have made every excuse to not fight Floyd, Money, boring
                fight, Floyd should have waited till after Hatton.....come on guys.
                like i said, ducking to the fullest....i thought i had heard every excuse in the book, but i'd never heard anyone using an election as a reason not to take a fight......

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  It's looking more and more likely that Floyd Mayweather Jr. [should he beat Juan Manuel Marquez] will have to wait until 2010 to get a crack at Manny Pacquiao. The Filipino icon's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, prefers WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto [also promoted by Top Rank]. Cotto faces Joshua Clottey on June 13 in New York's Madison Square Garden. Pacquiao plans to be at ringside. [details]
                  Logically MAyweather vs Pac would be ideal. But since Cotto is less of a threat for Arum the promoter, he knows Pacman has an advantage.

Is he truly boxing the best to prove he's the best.

Hmmmm. Cmon Arum, give us a break.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    For ANYONE that agreed with this article ask yourself this question. Are you really a fan of a fighter if you don't want him to fight the best? Is that what a fan does? You should be PISSED OFF that they don't want none of Floyd, it's the best against the best, period.
                    cosign.....i just find it ridiculous that dude had the nerve to say, "why fight floyd, and risk the election...."
                    Last edited by FLY TY; 05-11-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      Come on man, how can you call me a hater because everything I'm
                      saying is what it is? I aint making this **** up. People bash Floyd
                      for coming back and fighting a dangerous tune up like JMM
                      AFTER 2 YEARS!!!! But give Cotto credit coming back after 7 months
                      to fight Michael Jennings for a vacant Strap that Paul Williams left
                      because he couldn't get a fight at 147? Cotto could have fought
                      Williams coming back, wasn't like Cotto was out of the ring for
                      2 YEARS!!!!! like Floyd Mayweather Jr. Plus a fight with JMM is
                      more impressive to me than a fight with Michael Jennings.
                      Cotto came off a brutal loss Floyds last performance was an impressive win over then undefeated Ricky Hatton. Thats why Cotto fought Jennings, cmon Grustler you know this.

Comment

Working...
                      X