No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
    i dont buy into the plaster crap in the cotto fight ,it was a clash of styles that went very badly for cotto much the same way it went for marg vs mosley
    no, plater played the deciding factor look at rounds 1-6 then see how magicaly thiings turn around in 7-11 plus look at cottos face

Comment

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
      Well put Cotto in with PWill and watch him quit again.
      Miguel Cotto could have fought Paul Williams for
      that strap he won "VACANTLY" from Michael Jennings.

Comment

Well put Cotto in with PWill and watch him quit again.
        or we can put "needs money "and not have a fight signed at all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
          do u guys really think that if pacman fights cotto, that means pacman ducked mayweather? wow guys... just wow...
          Cotto is a huge risk fight for Pac, but the point is that Salud said quite openly that the reason he doesn't want Pac to fight Mayweather is that he thinks he'd lose:
          “Mayweather can dance the whole fight and beat Manny on points. And even if Manny wins, he may not look good," Salud said. "So why fight Mayweather this year and maybe affect your chances in the elections. Manny should take on Cotto, beat him, then run for Congress, and face Mayweather later on."

But as I wrote in my previous post, Pacquiao and Roach have both said recently that they would rather fight Mayweather next and not Cotto. So if anyone's ducking, it's Arum and Salud, not Pac.
          Last edited by Dave Rado; 05-11-2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            Wasn't Cotto's fight with Quintana for a vacant strap and Floyd's fight
            with Baldomir was for the whole marbles at 147? At least Baldomir
            beat Judah who was the UNDISPUTED Welter Weight Champion.
            baldomir and Floyd beat Judah Cotto destroyed Judah. At least Cotto fights WELTERWEIGHTS. Hes fighting all the people Floyd fans wish their fighter fought. Tony, Shane, Carlos, now Joshua. You should know belts dont mean **** anymore anyways

Comment

Miguel Cotto could have fought Paul Williams for
              that strap he won "VACANTLY" from Michael Jennings.
              Man, you're turning into a hater. Maybe it's Cotto fans that are making you turn into one, but you are.

Did you really expect Cotto to fight Williams after the beatdown he got against Tony? That's ridiculous if you do.

If that's the case Floyd fans shouldn't act like it's crazy for people to expect Floyd to fight Williams in his fight back.

There's nothing wrong with either, to make a comment like that is beneath you man.

Comment

He wasnt at the top of the division!! When has Cotto taken a belt from a champion? ANSWER: NEVER. He has claimed ALL his belts from fighting for a vacant title. When has FMJ fought for a vacant title NEVER. He always fought the champ WITH a belt. I guess thats beating the best competition to you? Pinto for the VACANT WBO strap at 140 yeah he is a world beater, Quintanna for the VACANT WBA belt at 147 and lets not forget Jennings for the VACANT WBO strap. Kinda like a cake walk to claim his belts, dont you think?
                It's funny how you don't mention who floyd beat for his belts: gatti at 140 baldomir at 147 and no defenses! Cotto won belts and defended belts against the best the division had! Shane, margarito, and now clottey! Get a grip don't let your blind **** riding make u look any dumber!

Comment

Wasn't Cotto's fight with Quintana for a vacant strap and Floyd's fight
                  with Baldomir was for the whole marbles at 147? At least Baldomir
                  beat Judah who was the UNDISPUTED Welter Weight Champion.
                  Quintana is the better fighter.

I don't have a problem with Floyd fighting Baldomir, only an idiot wouldn't take a shortcut at a lineal title.

But, the fact remains that Quintana is a more quality opponent than Baldomir, and Cotto stopped him.

I love Floyd but people just make me do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
                    baldomir and Floyd beat Judah Cotto destroyed Judah. At least Cotto fights WELTERWEIGHTS. Hes fighting all the people Floyd fans wish their fighter fought. Tony, Shane, Carlos, now Joshua. You should know belts dont mean **** anymore anyways
                    Did you forget he was forced to fight Clottey. He wanted to fight Cintron but HBO wasnt buying it....

Comment

Did you forget he was forced to fight Clottey. He wanted to fight Cintron but HBO wasnt buying it....
                      You enjoy making **** up?

Comment

Working...
                      X