No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
    Yes, it's amazing that Salud is so open about it, that he doesn't want Pac to take the fight because he thinks he'd lose. But Roach and Pac both say they would prefer to fight Mayweather rather than Cotto. So who has more influence in the matchmaking decisions - Arum and Salud? Or Roach and Pacquiao?
    you sure? from what i've read roach saying, he thinks mayweather would be a tough fight. he basically echoes what this guy is saying......

the excuse they've been throwing around, is that it won't be a "fan friendly" fight......at least this guy comes clean and says manny may lose to mayweather.....

Comment

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
      Well put Cotto in with PWill and watch him quit again.
      If Pwill wraps his hands with plaster, maybe. But Cotto destroys Pauls body and makes him end up like another Quintana. Paul took 13 rounds to beat Carlos Cotto took 5 plus Carlos was undefeated when Cotto beat him. Paul is a bully who fights old fighters, he fights theWrights and thePhillips of the world. The black Joe calzaghe everyone Paul Williams. Styles make fights and Cottos body attack will reduce Pauls output. Cotto will give him angles just like carlos did, change into southpaw(something Miguel can do effectivly) and land the right hook on pauls shin(pauls sucker punch) Cotto by late TKO

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
        baldomir and Floyd beat Judah Cotto destroyed Judah. At least Cotto fights WELTERWEIGHTS. Hes fighting all the people Floyd fans wish their fighter fought. Tony, Shane, Carlos, now Joshua. You should know belts dont mean **** anymore anyways
        Doesn't matter fam. The fact of the matter is that Miguel Cotto has
        fought for vacant titles throughout his professional career NEVER
        beating the guys who actually held the belts. Floyd beat all the
        fighters/boxers who had the titles and were called champs in the divisions.
        Meaning that the boxers/fighters if YOU think that they were good
        fighters or not they still were called the best. Cotto has yet to beat
        anyone for a title so does that mean he is not fighting the best as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Man, you're turning into a hater. Maybe it's Cotto fans that are making you turn into one, but you are.

Did you really expect Cotto to fight Williams after the beatdown he got against Tony? That's ridiculous if you do.

If that's the case Floyd fans shouldn't act like it's crazy for people to expect Floyd to fight Williams in his fight back.

There's nothing wrong with either, to make a comment like that is beneath you man.
          thank you for realizing what i knew all along, grusler is a HATER
          and i kno thissss mannnnnnnnnn

Comment

thank you for realizing what i knew all along, grusler is a HATER
            and i kno thissss mannnnnnnnnn
            you know what man, scratch this **** i dont want to stoop down to this ******ed level.

Comment

you know what man, scratch this **** i dont want to stoop down to this ******ed level.
              Nah, Grustler's a good poster, he's usually not a blind hater like most on here. But that comment I took issue with.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                Doesn't matter fam. The fact of the matter is that Miguel Cotto has
                fought for vacant titles throughout his professional career NEVER
                beating the guys who actually held the belts. Floyd beat all the
                fighters/boxers who had the titles and were called champs in the divisions.
                Meaning that the boxers/fighters if YOU think that they were good
                fighters or not they still were called the best. Cotto has yet to beat
                anyone for a title so does that mean he is not fighting the best as well?
                I feel Cotto has proved alot. After he beats Clottey he is no doubt the man at WW once again. But to a certain point i have to agree that he has to prove himself more to secure a great legacy. At least the ione his fans hype his up to be. But you have to admit, you must feel the same about Floyd. Floyd altho already an ATG has a question mark not a joe calzaghe questionmark(neverthat) but indeed a questionmark

Comment

• Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
                  you sure? from what i've read roach saying, he thinks mayweather would be a tough fight. he basically echoes what this guy is saying......
                  He wants it and so does Pac. See here for instance:
                  “I think it (Pacquiao-Mayweather) is a very good possibility," Roach said in a post-fight interview posted at Skysports.com.

“It’s gonna be a great fight between the two best fighters in the world," added Roach, who also won the “Pound for pound trainer" trophy over his equally outspoken rival at the Hatton camp, Floyd Mayweather Sr. attached to the fight's winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by tyde13 View Post

the excuse they've been throwing around, is that it won't be a "fan friendly" fight......at least this guy comes clean and says manny may lose to mayweather.....

Freddie Roach and Bob Arum has went on record and said that they
                    would want to get the most advantage over Mayweather Jr that
                    they could. Freddie said catch weight to take any advantage he
                    could for Manny over Floyd and Bob Arum said the longer Floyd is
                    out of the ring the better if he comes back to fight Pacquiao. Now
                    this guy? They are leary of Pacquiao getting beat and the last thing
                    Arum wants is for that to happen especially by Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                    So far they have made every excuse to not fight Floyd, Money, boring
                    fight, Floyd should have waited till after Hatton.....come on guys.

Comment

• If Cotto wins against Clottey, I think Arum plans to announce Pac vs. Cotto a day before the PBF-JMM fight. So the winner of the latter will have to wait next year. Serves them right.

Comment

Working...
                      X