No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
    Corley ROCKED Floyds ****, Judah hurt him and knocked him down, people who say Cotto has no chance against Floyd are just ****** in my eyes. Lets see how Cotto does against Clottey(more dangerous fight against bigger man) and how Floyd does against (little) JMM then we can discuss this further
    Corley rocked Floyd's ****? Are you smoking? Corley caught
    Floyd flush but did he lose his composure or did he keep
    fighting? Zab caught Floyd coming in and Floyd went back
    and his glove touch the mat (a knock down in my book)
    but clearly Floyd wasn't hurt because he didn't fall down
    but more was pushed back. Are those your examples of
    him being hurt? Look at Cotto? Rocked by Torres, Corley,
    Judah......Come on man. Cotto would put up a fight with
    Floyd but the way he gets tagged, he would lose. Cotto
    has only looked dominate against guys that can't take
    his power. Guys who are tough and can put it down
    Cotto doesn't look dominate against.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrosborne View Post
      Not only did Cotto barely "win" against Sugar Shane(I scored it at BEST a one point victory for shane, and at worst a DRAW), it was a tough match for both guys and deserves a rematch.

I'd love to see the winner of Cotto Mosley 2 fight Floyd for all the marbles at welterweight. If Floyd fights either of them for the lineal championship at welterweight, he will finally get the respect he feels he deserves in just accepting either fight, not necessarily winning them. People hate on Floyd because he's brash, pompous, and mainly because he hasn't taken on fights he could conceivably lose. In fact, just for debate purposes, name ONE fighter that Mayweather was widely considered to lose against(and don't say De La Hoya). Let's hear it.
      the last time floyd was the underdog was against corrales.

Comment

• Originally posted by bray26 View Post
        You can't be serious in saying that Cotto needs to call Floyd out! He was standing at the top of the division. Instead of wasting his time chasing a fighter that didn't want to fight him. He went on to fight shane, margarito, and now clottey! The man is proving his willingness to be the best inside the ring and not from his own mouth like Floyd! I'm a true boxing fan and I'm losing my love fights aren't about fighting the best anymore, it's about finding the easiest opponent you can make the most money off of! That's why I can't get down with floyd and support fighters like Cotto who justcontinue to fight the best competition a available and let their record and legacy speak for themselves! Floyd would and just might retire again without any of the top welters on his record! What does that say about him?
        if floyd retires without fighting cotto or mosley, that will look bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by bray26 View Post
          You can't be serious in saying that Cotto needs to call Floyd out! He was standing at the top of the division. Instead of wasting his time chasing a fighter that didn't want to fight him. He went on to fight shane, margarito, and now clottey! The man is proving his willingness to be the best inside the ring and not from his own mouth like Floyd! I'm a true boxing fan and I'm losing my love fights aren't about fighting the best anymore, it's about finding the easiest opponent you can make the most money off of! That's why I can't get down with floyd and support fighters like Cotto who justcontinue to fight the best competition a available and let their record and legacy speak for themselves! Floyd would and just might retire again without any of the top welters on his record! What does that say about him?
          I give credit to Cotto for taking on all those guys but Cotto gave Floyd
          an excuse to not take him serious enough to fight. If Cotto would
          have said it out loud and made his statement and Floyd didn't respond
          I would have been a lil skeptical but Cotto NEVER put it out there.
          That's like a man and a woman both checking each other out and neither
          says anything but then go talk to their friends about who was looking at
          who. Floyd was the man at the division and he didn't need Cotto, Cotto
          needed him for his resume and if he wanted him should have pressed
          the issue but he never did because according to his fans "Is too humble"
          I think Roach, Arum and Top Rank are doing what I just highlighted
          in your post.
          Last edited by GRUSTLER; 05-11-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Ok zab took pbf to 12 b4 losing my ko ... cotto has only touched tha canvas 5 times in his career and has come back to winnn ...ricardo torres and maragirtoo is his only lone losss ... u must of not watched the 1st 5 rounds of cotto mosley it was all body punchess that's why mosley was so slow in the last coupkle rounds till he caught his second wind in the 11thh... cotto disposed judah split his eyesbroww judah gave him a head butt to split his lippp watch the highlights sorry bruh ur analysis is wrongg...cotto is gonna whoop some clottey ass on june 13th wich i will be at then he gonna whip some pacman ass ... thenn some mosley asss my boys is gonna be 39 and 1 by the end of 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              the last time floyd was the underdog was against corrales.
              And that was in what, 2001? Would it be fair then to say that Floyd isn't respected because he has been the best at avoiding real challenges?

Comment

• Of course arum promotes both manny and cotto. More money for his fat ass arum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                  He's fighting the best welterweight out there.. instead of a ***** who only fights smaller fighters and dudes w/ no defense or skill. props to the boy!
                  Personally, I think he should be fighting Marquez and Mayweather should be fighting Cotto.
                  We all know Mayweather is a coward though.
                  WOW!!! Green K for a year to you!!!

Comment

• Manny Duckman Pacquiao!

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      Corley rocked Floyd's ****? Are you smoking? Corley caught
                      Floyd flush but did he lose his composure or did he keep
                      fighting? Zab caught Floyd coming in and Floyd went back
                      and his glove touch the mat (a knock down in my book)
                      but clearly Floyd wasn't hurt because he didn't fall down
                      but more was pushed back. Are those your examples of
                      him being hurt? Look at Cotto? Rocked by Torres, Corley,
                      Judah......Come on man. Cotto would put up a fight with
                      Floyd but the way he gets tagged, he would lose. Cotto
                      has only looked dominate against guys that can't take
                      his power. Guys who are tough and can put it down
                      Cotto doesn't look dominate against.
                      Cotto looked great against Mosley and Margarito (before plaster set in) Floyd won a SD against a heavily faded ODLH. Cotto beat Mosley more convincingly than Floyd beat Oscar, and considering how much Mosleys still got left in the tank that says alot. Oh and tell me man, who took the harder fight Floyd whos fighting JMM or Cotto whos fighting a WW in Clottey?

Comment

Working...
                      X