No announcement yet.

Hatton or Calzaghe? Who is greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
    I am by NO means a Joe C fan, but Joe is a much greater fighter, even in Technique alone is far superior. I appreciate his ability and style of fighting over Hattons wrestling style.
    even in technique? have you lost it?

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
      Yeah Tzsyu was gone man, so was jones but prime 4 prime jones was so much better, so the shot version probably was better than shot tzsyu too, stands to reason
      Doesn't stand to reason, at all.

And there was nothing previously to indicate that Tszyu was shot, till the ref allowed Hatton to maul him for 11 rounds making him quit on his stool and retire. Roy was known to be shot for years, like after back to back KO losses to guys that could carry his jock in his prime. Tszyu was still #2 p4p, Roy ... #200, maybe .....

Comment

I hate to say this, but calzaghe by UD. You got to give it to joe, he can throw a thousand slaps in under 10 rounds, and can counterslap with the best of em, enjoys getting dropped by 40 yr old men, while slapping bums silly at home til his mid 30's, stays in the lime light till enzo and his fans declare him the greatest and retires. But if he didn't retire would still be behind JMM, Pacman and Floyd, even with his amazing record in the p4p ranks. Yes folks the legend that is Joe Calzaghe. But on a serious note, 30 to 40 yrs from now, i'm pretty sure ricky(and lennox)will be remembered over calzaghe because of the way that they fought and by not ducking anyone.

Comment

What hatton did was maul Tzsyu, they might as well of tied one arm behind his back

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            even in technique? have you lost it?
            Have you lost it? That's what you should be asking yourself. JC has better boxing skills hands down. Even Hatton fans will be able to tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
              Have you lost it? That's what you should be asking yourself. JC has better boxing skills hands down. Even Hatton fans will be able to tell you that.
              Dude, it is fukn Daggum. That man would sooner cut off his own **** than speak a positive word about Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                hatton is better because he it took so called risk ? thats ****in stupid, you people with this heart **** is ******ed joe is clearly the most skilled of the 2 and people like to say joe fought an old bernard and roy but they were better fighters at the time then was castillo when hatton fought him **** the bernard that fought joe was better than the tszyu hatton fought
                So your arguing about which one had the best left overs and old men about to retire ,,, kinda says what both resumes are on the world stage !

Comment

Calzaghe is way greater.......yo is this joke day or what?

Comment

What happened to Hatton against Pacquio is what would of happened to Calzaghe if he would of fought Chad Dawson... So i'ma go with Hatton since he had the heart to take a beating, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      Doesn't stand to reason, at all.

And there was nothing previously to indicate that Tszyu was shot, till the ref allowed Hatton to maul him for 11 rounds making him quit on his stool and retire. Roy was known to be shot for years, like after back to back KO losses to guys that could carry his jock in his prime. Tszyu was still #2 p4p, Roy ... #200, maybe .....
                      Maybe not shot, but definately on the bus there.

If you saw Kostya fight Leija out here in 2003 you could see it. Leija was stopped on cuts in the mid rounds from memory but I remember watching the fight with a mate and we both were saying that it was definately not the same old KT and he needed to look at hanging them up. I was not at all surprised to see him get stopped by Hatton. It wasn't a shot version of Tszyu but it was definately one well past its best days.

Comment

Working...
                      X