Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton or Calzaghe? Who is greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton is a fighter who's popularity out-stripped his ability by some distance. The top man in his division shouldn't be getting hit-at-will from the first bell and before the end of the very next round knocked unconcious from a pot shot albeit from a great fighter in Paquiao.

Calzaghe could and should have done more with his ability which is a charge he'd probably own up to himself, but ring smarts, defence, offence and versatility sets him far apart from Hatton.

When matched at top level, ability is the basis for success and whilst they both dominated their respective divisions Hatton's ability was clearly not to a level of excellance required whereby the head to head showdown with your nearest rival (beit at a higher weight v Hopkins or your natural weight v Paquiao) results in being rendered unconcious.

I've been a huge fan of both and Calzaghe in particular so maybe there is bias in what I say but the facts don't lie.

Bottom line is for all his many assets Hatton's defence borders on non-existent and whether it's Paquiao's power or Hatton's chin, the sight of that knockdown was such that it left me doubting whether he belonged in the same ring as Paquiao?

Comment

so what Cotto is #5 on and on so it wasn't the #1
      Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      hopkins is p4p #3 right now, calzaghe beat him.

Comment

Working...
      X