• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    Calzaghe by far!!!!!!!!!!!
    agreed, Joe is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
      The hopkins Calzaghe fought was better than the Tzsyu hatton fought, and hes better p4p too. Kessler is better than anything on hattons record, as is lacy, Jones is just a name, pretty even with tzsyu actually and the other fights are pretty even i guess.
      Tszyu was #2 p4p when Hatton stopped him, Hopkins was #4 p4p when Calzaghe SD'd him. Just saying.

Wait, Jones even with Tszyu at the time they fought them respectively? ARE YOU SERIOUS? WOW.

Comment

Yeah Tzsyu was gone man, so was jones but prime 4 prime jones was so much better, so the shot version probably was better than shot tzsyu too, stands to reason

Comment

Anybody saying Hatton is completely insane.

Comment

I like both guys and it's hard to say, but like people mentioned Calzaghe won all of his big fights. RJJ might have been past his prime but Hopkins, Lacy, and Kessler were all there. Hatton's great too, but i think in this comparison Joe would be greater.

Comment

I have this one for Joe...........close decision win against BHOP...BHOP who wiped the floor with pavli later.............but the zero thing doesnt do it for me........

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                The hopkins Calzaghe fought was better than the Tzsyu hatton fought, and hes better p4p too.
                On paper it is but then you recall he was 43 years old, got knocked down by a 43 year old hopkins and barely won a decision which is still disputed to this day and of course looked like a hot pile of **** while doing it, he looked worse in that fight than any fight in his career. Only got the decision because bhop ran out of gas in the late rounds.

So no, not really. Any way you look at it hopkins was far removed from his prime.

The whole thing with Calzaghe is he should have stepped up a loooong ass time ago. Not waiting 10+ years to fight untested/unproven Lacy. Kessler (best win). And of course the senior citizen tour (43 year old hopkins, 40 year old Jones). Calzaghe won his biggest fights whereas hatton lost, but Calzaghe would have lost to two #1 pound 4 pound champs to if he fought Jones then Hopkins in their primes. The difference was hatton had the balls to do it whereas calzaghe was too insecure or whatever to take the risk when it mattered the most.
                Last edited by ИATAS; 05-05-2009, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Hatton dared to be great as was said in an earlier post and props to him but I give Calzaghe the edge.
                  Both resumes are padded...seems to be the european way unfortunatley...its hard to break into the us market if no body will fight you and plus they are more than entitled to fight a heap there to get the resume looking half decent.

Comment

Originally posted by infern0 View Post
                    yeah tzsyu was gone man, so was jones but prime 4 prime jones was so much better, so the shot version probably was better than shot tzsyu too, stands to reason
                    inferno has her period!!!

Comment

I am by NO means a Joe C fan, but Joe is a much greater fighter, even in Technique alone is far superior. I appreciate his ability and style of fighting over Hattons wrestling style.

Comment

Working...
                      X