Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets All Start Appreciating the Floyd-JMM Fight!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    you make fun of it because youre the only one who didnt get it? My point is that he fights at WW but he's not a real WW. He could be fighting at MW right now too but would he really be a MW?
    If he is not a WW, what is he then?

Comment

Bull**** fight for obvious reasons. Im too tired to explain it to you in much detail right now, but it has alot to do with the natural size of Marquez, the natural size of Floyd, Marquez having to move up so much while he is already small for where he normally fights, and how that small frame wont allow him to add anything but weight that will drain him of speed, general reflexes and power. Even at as low as 140 Floyd would just put all the weight back on and be much naturally bigger on fight night (I know some people just cant understand what naturally bigger means) much faster on fight night, and able to walk through JMM's shots. Like I said, BULL**** fight. Take speed, size, power and reflexes away from a 35 (I think) year old fighter while fighting against the best fighter in the world and you have the makings of a one sided fight.

Comment

You guys can say what you want but you cant put me in the catagory of other fans or regular Floyd fans. Im always fair about Floyd. Unlike other Floyd fans, I have said that he has been boring in some fights and has ran in some fights. I dont blame him hard like others do because I think the size advantage was the main reason for it. I do think he couldve been more aggressive against guys like Oscar but its not always his style and I think he already had a fearful mindset going into that fight. I think he felt that he was small & weak at WW so he would be even worst at 154. Add to that Oscar had just destroyed a super tough strong guy in Mayorga and Floyd's dad keep telling him to not get hit with the hook because he's going to sleep. I beleive that Floyd was truly worried about if Oscar would be too phyicaly strong and hit too hard for him. Thats why I always said that I think Floyd wouldve killed him in the rematch after he saw that there was really nothing to worry about.

Honestly, I do think Floyd was scared of Margarito and Cotto. I honestly think that he felt that he could beat them but he wouldnt be 100% shocked if he lost and thats why he didnt fight them. The difference is that he felt that he was clearly the better fighter out of the group and was totally on a different level, espically against Margarito so that means if he lost then it would only be due to weight and he didnt want to lose that way. He doesnt mind losing one day but he doesnt want to lose only because of the simple fact that a guy was too big for him to beat and thats why I wasnt upset at him. I truly honestly beleive that Floyd would fight a prime Pryor & Sweet Pea but would seriously hesitate to fight a Margarito. Now who's better? Pryor & Sweet are 10x better then Margarito but I honestly think that he would fight them because there his size. I have always regretted the fact that he chased the Oscar fight. If Oscar was a LW then Floyd never wouldve moved up. He wouldve stayed at LW until just now and finish at 140. He might have one or 2 fights at WW & 154 just to get a belt at the different weights but thats it.

If he had done that then everyone would be judging Floyd so differently right now. Who wouldve beat him? Pac, JMM, MAB, EM, Diaz, Campbell? He wouldve had maybe the best resume in history and no one would say that he was picking on little guys because he wouldve still been the normal size in the ring. NO one would be calling him boring. They would be saying that he's one of the most exciting fighters in history and always puts on a show. I think he should still go down now or atleast finish his career at the lower weights after he fights Shane but he wont do it. I think he's scared that everyone will call him a ***** for going down which they will do even though its clearly his natural size. You guys are just watching a man who is fighting at his limit. Its like watching Cotto fighting at MW. Youre just not going to see the best of him and its like no one even gets it. They just judge him the same because if he's fighting at WW then he must be a WW and we have to judge him like that but all you have to do is watch the fights. Anyone with a brain can see that your not getting the best of him. He's the only guy in boxing who were not getting the best of. Its like if Oscar had stayed at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Part of the reason I don't respond to much of your posts, DLT, is because.......

A.) You type too fucking much. I'm all for in depth discussion and analysis, but you take 16 paragraphs to basically hit on the same, singular point.

and

B.) Because of **** like this........

Not to mention the way you always tend to make **** up out of thin air......

Really? When did he say this?

And this?
          I dont get what you are saying. Its true about the WW thing but whatever. The Floyd fighting those guys 1st is obvious. I mean whats not obvious about it. You think he doesnt want JMM & Pac in whatever order they come? Why would he not. I totally dont get your last line. You know I was talking about Shane saying NO to Williams right? That was all over these boards

Comment

I dont get what you are saying. Its true about the WW thing but whatever. The Floyd fighting those guys 1st is obvious. I mean whats not obvious about it. You think he doesnt want JMM & Pac in whatever order they come? Why would he not. I totally dont get your last line. You know I was talking about Shane saying NO to Williams right? That was all over these boards
            Look, all I'm saying is that if Floyd doesn't want to face the Welterweights, then he needs to vacate the damn division.

If he's so small, like we all know he is, he needs to get down to 140 and fight guys there.

And quit luring guys up from 135 and 140 to catchweights or the Welterweight limit, all the while, avoiding the real threats in those divisons.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              What I mean is, every year you guys seem to know with CERTAINTY exactly what Floyd is planning to do, which fights he's gonna take after another possible one. Never does it play out like you guys state so, where is this info coming from?
              Again, stop putting me in with everyone else. I use to make a ton of threads back in the day saying that Floyd has a cut off point. From 130-140 he is unbeatable but it ends there. At WW he's will have some trouble and at 154 he would have serious trouble but it has nothing to do with the talent. Its just his size. Im saying this because I figure youre talking about some people kept saying that he would fight Margarito or Cotto but I never really felt that way. I never thought he was in rush to fight those guys at WW. I did feel that he would fight Cotto at 140 but even at 140 he was at a disavantage. However, he could deal with it at that weight. The problem is that he only gained 4 ring pounds when going to WW and Cotto gains 10 and thats a big deal when he was already 8 pounds bigger then you at the previous weight.

Ive always said that I think Floyd is 100x better then Karmazin but I wouldnt be shocked at all if Floyd lost to Karmazin at 154 but what would it mean? He clearly only one because of the size and I dont think its much different from Floyd with a Margarito fight. He would clearly only win because of size. Floyd is bigger than JMM but the weight is closer then even a Floyd-Margarito fight but the biggest difference is that you wouldnt be able to say that floyd only won because of his size and you know that. His skill level is that high. If Margarito won then it would only be because of size. Its that simple to me. People try to make it complicated but its not

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Look, all I'm saying is that if Floyd doesn't want to face the Welterweights, then he needs to vacate the damn division.

If he's so small, like we all know he is, he needs to get down to 140 and fight guys there.

And quit luring guys up from 135 and 140 to catchweights or the Welterweight limit, all the while, avoiding the real threats in those divisons.
                I was going to make a thread tomorrow about this and I still might but people talk too much about Floyd fighting smaller guys. He's doing it now and he might do it against Pac (even though I think Pac is the same size or even bigger than Floyd), but he's never done it before. Im talking mostly about the Hatton fight. Its so common for people to say that Floyd is picking on small people again. "Again". Hatton was at 140 and Floyd started at 130. He came into the ring way bigger then Floyd at 140 when they were there and he's still bigger in the ring at 140 than Floyd is at WW and 154. Outside the ring Hatton is much bigger. I mean Floyd fought at 154 also but that doesnt make him bigger than Cotto. He's not bigger then Hatton just like he's not bigger than Tszyu. Just because you fight at a higher weight doesnt make you the bigger man. He wasnt bigger then Hatton.

Plus remember that it was Hatton's ideal to come in smaller when he fought Floyd which I told everyone on here was dumb. I said that he's overreacting to the Collazo fight. Collazo is just a good guy. He wasnt going to dominate him. His only chance he had was to come in big and over power Floyd. Why would you try not to gain much weight? What, did you think you were going to outbox Floyd or something? That was stupid. Hatton is bigger. Height means nothing. Look at Tyson and Paul Williams

Comment

I was going to make a thread tomorrow about this and I still might but people talk too much about Floyd fighting smaller guys. He's doing it now and he might do it against Pac (even though I think Pac is the same size or even bigger than Floyd)
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done for the night. I can't take any more of this. Lulz.

Comment

I agree. This is two of the best guys in the sport going at it, the size advantage come fight night isnt going to be a huge deal. As mentioned earlier, Floyd fought Oscar all the way up at 154. If he and Marquez want to meet at a catch, I am all for it.
                    The truth is that Mayweather is just held to a different standard than most fighters. The fact that he is such a clear favorite against an opponent like Marquez speaks more to his ability as a fighter than the difference in size between the two.

Comment

I'm keeping my hype and anticipation to a minimum. If it does happen, it will be an incredible fight. Can't really say who I'd think will win. Marquez does have a good shot at pulling off the upset. I don't underestimate that guy at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X