Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets All Start Appreciating the Floyd-JMM Fight!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets All Start Appreciating the Floyd-JMM Fight!!

I still dont know if this fight will truly happened but the hate for it needs to stop. Wether youre a Floyd hater or a JMM lover, it needs to stop. "This era" of boxing is the only sport that fans would rip a fight like this. These are 2 of the best trying to fight it out. Every other sport would love it and the reason why I highlighted "this era" is because even boxing would totally love this matchup in any other era.

People act like Floyd-JMM is the 1st time weve seen this. Its happened in boxing a million times and weve had hardly any backlash against it. In the 80's and before then people would be so excited about it. No one would bash it. I understand if you have a problem with some of Floyd's decisions and I understand if you dont think the weight matches up but these are 2 of the best guys in the sport fighting eachother. It might even be the best 2. How can you not love that? This is the only sport that would rip that and this is the only era that boxing would rip it. Infact, Im not even sure if its the era as much as it is Floyd himself. Any other fight even right now probably wouldnt be ripped like this and no fight in the previous eras would be rip like this.

The crazy thing is that this isnt even a big deal as people are making it out to be. Ive seen Pac jump 2 divisons and just beat Oscar who was actually 3 divisions higher. Ive seen RJ go straight to HW and beat a champ. Ive seen a SRL who only had 1 fight in 5 years, jump 2 divisons and beat Halger. No one ripped the fight. Before then Hagler called SRL out all the time and no one said anything bad about it even though he was 2 divisons up on SRL. When SRL decided to finally call out Hagler, he didnt ask to meet halfway. He didnt tell Hagler to come to 154. He said that I called you out and Im coming to you. At that time SRL had 1 fight in 5 years, was the biggest name in boxing, yet he jumped 2 divisions to come see a Hagler who was super active. In this case JMM called Floyd out and everyone is ripping Floyd for not coming to meet him and Floyd is the one who has been retired for nearly 2 years. In the other cases the bigger guy was always much bigger in the ring. In this case they basically weigh nearly the same thing on fight night and people are still acting like its Tyson vs Ricardo Lopez or something. Come off the WW stuff. Floyd weighs in at 148 and theres nothing powerful or bullying about the guy. You said yourself that all he does is pot shot and run but now everyone is acting like he's some super big maniac who's trying to beat up on JMM and everyone is saying that Floyd is dragging JMM to WW even though Floyd never even thought about a JMM until he got called out.

Seriously, how can you hate this fight? I saw Floyd fight at LW while Oscar was at 154. I saw Oscar at 160 while Floyd just had his 1st fight at 140 but guess who ended up fighting? Guess what weight they fought at and guess how much Floyd was outweighed? No one said anything. These things are good for boxing. I saw Williams fight at WW one fight and then fight at MW the next fight. Ive seen Williams lose to Quintana and now people are saying that he wants Calzaghe at SMW. No one is saying anything. Ive seen crazy things like RJ fight a Vinny Paz who fought at LWThese things are great to see but somehow everyone is ripping this fight. Put your hate aside and enjoy. I would love to see Floyd fight JMM & Pac. So what the weight isnt exactly what you like. If they agree then they agree and there have been far worst matchups size wise in the history or boxing and people didnt have a fit. Its great for boxing. I bet if this same type of matchup happened in MMA right now, everyone would be eating it up. There fans would be so excited. They would sell it as the biggest PPV in MMA history but instead we cry about it. Come on now.

Ive seen a LW Vinny Paz fight RJ at 168. Ive seen an RJ fight a Vinny Paz & John Ruiz. Think about that. He beat a LW and a HW. This is what makes boxing great. Ive seen RJ & Toney go from MW to HW champs. Ive seen a Duran go from bantam weight to beating a SRL who people say was maybe the best of all time and everyone wanted to see that fight. Ive seen Duran go from bantam and fight at LHW. Ive seen him fight at bantam and go 15 rounds with Hagler at MW and everyone wanted to see it. I saw Mosley basically jump 2 divisions and kick a prime Oscar's but. This isnt a horrible matchup. Sure Floyd may win and size may be a factor but this is not hardly the worst matchup in boxing history and if there is a way to get our 2 best guys together who are relativley close in size then I think its a great fight. People seriously act like one guy is King KOng and the other is a mouse but thats not the case at all. This isnt Floyd vs the Big Show despite what some think.

I know I still watch old fights from the 70's. You hear about some of the great fighers and then sometimes you say "oh, I didnt know they fought eachother". Then you see how it turns out. This will be one of those fights. We will all be older one day and people will hear about the great careers of Floyd and JMM. Then someone will say "oh, I didnt know these 2 ever fought". Then they will go put in the tape and see 2 great fighters. Everyoen will know the story about it and they can come up with whatever conclusion that they want but I bet that they wont be upset that it happened because they were 2 of the best. I mean, this isnt life & death guys. If Floyd wins then its not the end of the world and if JMM loses then that doesnt mean that his career meant nothing. Stop overreacting. Its just a fight between 2 great guys who are meeting up. If Floyd kills JMM in 1 round, I definatly wont think that JMM is a bum or that Floyd should be ashamed of himself. Come on now. I guess things are just different now or maybe its just different for Floyd. On the flip side I wont think that Floyd is a bum if JMM gives him all that he can handle and its a super tough fight. JMM is that good and this is boxing. Anything can happened
    Last edited by DLT; 04-28-2009, 01:09 AM.

Comment

I like the fight at 140lbs. Fair and leveled. Other than that PBF got a serious advantage.

Comment

Good post. I personally don't like this fight but i'll watch it because it's two of my favorite fighters that are fighting against eachother.

Comment

It's pretty hard for me to get excited about a 35 year old Featherweight with 55 professional fights under his belt, moving up in weight to take on a younger, stronger, bigger, fresher opponet in Mayweather, who's the easy favorite to knock him out.

Comment

Bull **** fight. Anything above 140 for JMM is bull ****, still Floyd wins ths one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just another payday. This is not a tune nor a legacy enhacing fight for Floyd!!!

Comment

Originally posted by executioner54 View Post
              hahaha!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                Bull **** fight. Anything above 140 for JMM is bull ****, still Floyd wins ths one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just another payday. This is not a tune nor a legacy enhacing fight for Floyd!!!
                I bet you and bringer will watch it though. Why watch it if its a B.S. fight?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  It's pretty hard for me to get excited about a 35 year old Featherweight with 55 professional fights under his belt, moving up in weight to take on a younger, stronger, bigger, fresher opponet in Mayweather, who's the easy favorite to knock him out.
                  ****en exactly. I cannot fathom how PBF fans can get so excited with fights like this where Floyd has so many advantages. I dont understand why they dont like to see Floyd challenged.

If it was at 135-140, then yeah, the playing field would be leveled, but at 144+? How could anyone like this fight over Mayweather/Mosley or Mayweather/Cotto? How can these people call themselves Boxing fans? HOW?!

Regardless, I appreciate JMM for wanting to take such a monumental task, but lose whatever respect I had for Mayweather for avoiding one. Ridiculous.

I know I can have the security of saying that my favorite fighter continuously challenged himself in his career proving his worth whenever the opportunity. Win or lose.
                  Last edited by 2501; 04-28-2009, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I just added this to the bottom of the post: On the flip side I wont think that Floyd is a bum if JMM gives him all that he can handle and its a super tough fight. JMM is that good and this is boxing. Anything can happened

Comment

Working...
                    X