Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Carl Froch a Match for Joe Calzaghe? No Way!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was a **** article.

Comment

I saw the whole thing and I feel so bad for Jermain because he is such a good guy and SO humble!
      Two problems I see with Jermain(I will get to Froch in a second).
      One,when he has someone hurt he has NO killer instinct!
      He hits people and hurts them but then backs off.
      Two...and this is his main problem......he lacks stamina.
      I saw in the 8th round he was tired and resting.
      He just stopped throwing punches from then on unless he absolutely had to.
      Lets face it.....truth is he blocked most of Carl Frochs punches EASILY.
      Until Jermain solves his stamina problem he wont be great.

Now as to Froch.....
      He has great heart and an amazing chin.
      He was hit with some amazing shots and kept coming.
      He has great stamina and keep coming.
      And he is as tough as nails but I honestly think I could beat Carl Froch in a boxing match.
      He has the worst fundamental I have ever seen in a champion.
      His footwork is **** his defense is ****......his footwork is so bad I dont even want to get into it.
      When he throws punches he leaves himself WIDE the **** open.
      I have to give credit to his corner for the victory because he kept on Froch and told him what he was doing wrong and how to correct it.
      The key I think to him winning this fight punchwise was that he started throwing straight punches the 1 and the 2.
      Everytime he tried to throw a hook he got crushed and his corner told him throw straight punches.
      On the other hand you cant hate on a guy like Carl Froch he seems like a nice guy and humble too so we aint mad at you Carl.

Jermain Taylor lost this fight because he fades in fights.
      Solve your conditioning problems and he will be great Jermain.
      His corner did a great job too they told him exactly what to do too.

A great fight and dramatic fight and a exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DeafCon View Post
        Pavlik had the same backlash after his first fight with Taylor.
        Pavlik has good fundamentals believe it or not.
        Those people who say Kelly Pavlik cant box and ****ing flying.
        His footwork is ok he doesnt cross his feet like Carl Froch.
        When he throws a right hand his left hand is up protecting his face something Carl Froch does not do.
        Kelly Pavlik has his chin down at all time.
        Kelly Pavlik is fundamentally VERY sound.....he is not flashy he palette is not broad but what he can do he does well.

Comment

I think joes hand speed would be to much for froch just as taylors was to start with

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
            Dawson has been hurt a few times in his career, and Kessler was shaken by light fisted Calzaghe.
            Kessler was hurt to the body against Calzaghe. The reason why is because Calzaghe was able to put more power into body shots than head shots. It's a softer target, hence less damage to his hands.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Danny nolan View Post
              I think joes hand speed would be to much for froch just as taylors was to start with
              I give froch a good chance against bute and andrade, I think carl would beat andrade in similar fashion to pascal, bute would be much tougher and could only see froch winning by ko as bute would definitely out-box him.

kessler, calzaghe, hopkins, dawson are too fast and too complete of fighters to lose to froch in my opinion.

I think pavlik would most likely outbox froch and maybe stop him as well

Comment

Originally posted by The Slickster
                I honestly think I could beat Carl Froch in a boxing match.
                lol u srs?

Comment

Froch has a GREAT jab, good stamina, good power a world class chin and tons of heart. On the bad side, he lacks speed and is very open he lacks alot of technical skills.

Froch vs Kessler would be a really good fight I personally think it'll be 12 round war and candidate for FOTY I could see either man getting a decision.

Froch vs Hopkins - Unless Froch throws about 100 punches per round @ Hopkins or hits him with somthing big, I can't see him winning this I'd go for Hopkins wide UD 118-110.

Froch vs Bute - Froch would ****ing decimate this guy, srsly Bute over Froch? No. Froch TKO round 9-12. If Andrade can hurt Bute as bad as he did you better believe Froch would murder this guy.

That's my take on them 3 fights tbh. People are STILL underrating Froch even though he just stopped a very game Jermaine Taylor? Are people forgetting Froch was the CHAMPION and he went to Jermaine Taylors backyard in a country foreign to him because he wants to prove he's the best? Determination like that can take you to levels only Great champions attain IMO skills or not Froch is a special fighter and is great for boxing I wouldn't underrate this guy anymore if I was you.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    The point of the article seems to be that boxers should avoid fighting anyone who is likely to beat them. I'm thankful that Froch doesn't share that mentality, because otherwise he wouldn't have fought Taylor in the first place.

Froch is flawed, but he wants to fight the best, win or lose. In this era of hand-picked opponents, it's refreshing to see.
                    Well ... he hasn't always done that. I'm glad he's finally stepped it up now though although I do fear he's left it too late.

Comment

FROCH is a OVERRATED fighter.Everytime and I do mean everytime the guy is asked about attempting a unification with KESSLER(like last nights post fight interview)he goes quiet and immediatly launches into a tirade about CALZAGHE avoiding him ,like CALZAGHE RETIRED BECAUSE OF FROCH,he beats KESSLER and HOPKINS(who both in my opinion beat FROCH,KESSLER VISCOUSLY).CALZAGHE turned pro in 91 and has been fighting ELITE fighters for 15 year now.He is CLEARLY no longer in his prime and with years of hand injuries I'm glad he retired.To me it shows how little confidence FROCH has in himself.CALZAGHE is CLEARLY no longer in his prime ,hence he retired but CARL just keeps BEGGING FOR A PAYDAY ,knowing he has virtually NO CHANCE against KESSLER so he quickly diverts the interviewers attention with CALZAGHE CALZAGHE "WHY DOES CALZAGHE HAVE ALL THESE FANS AND ME NONE?WHY DOES HBO LOVE CALZAGHE BUT WON'T SHOW ME ,WHY WAS CALZAGHE LB FOR LB NUMBER 2 AND NOT ME ,WHY DOES JOE HAVE ALL THIS MONEY AND I HAVE PENNIES ,WHY DOES JOE FILL 40000 PEOPLE FOOTBALL STADIUMS AND I CAN'T FILL ST.JOSEPHS JR HIGH GYMNASIUM"?FROCHS chin is FAR FROM a rock(as I've posted all along),funny FROCH fans were so sure of that granite chin,my question is when your best win is a 37 year old ROBIN REID and light hitting JEAN PASCAL its a little early to say he has A GREAT CHIN or even a GOOD ONE.I was at FOXWOODS last night and can honestly say if this was the version of TAYLOR that rematched PAVLIK FROCH would no longer be champion.Shoot he was 14 seconds away from LOSING the belt to a fighter that hasn't looked good (aside from the second PAVLIK fight) since he left PAT BURNS,and hasn't scored a ko sise before the FIRST HOPKINS fight.FROCH is very slow and can be HURT ,doesn't hit all that hard and will be called out by every supermiddle in the world after last night.Again he won but I think his stock took a fall.Lets keep it real HOPKINS beat TAYLOR,PAVLIK beat TAYLOR TWICE ,WINKY and CORY SPINKS should have also got the nod..PLAIN and simple JERMAIN TAYLOR is a GREAT ATHLETE that lacks the heart to EVER be a great FIGHTER

Comment

Working...
                      X