Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has The Media Overblown The Antonio Margarito Scandal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the scandal with the media and margarito was over until this ****** writer decided to write this article. ok he got caught and hes punished its over !!

Comment

Originally posted by FatNJerseykid View Post
      Who are the "writers" the author is talking about? Who's "one of the sports beat writers"?
      I read something from Doug Fisher that many writers and people in the boxing world dislike Steve Kim.

Comment

Originally posted by Executioner54 View Post
        I read something from Doug Fisher that many writers and people in the boxing world dislike Steve Kim.
        Really, I only read negative articles about the Margarito Scandal which have been supported by views of real boxers. Why doesn't the author of this article call out the pro Margarito writers and the people overblowning the scandal if he's going to complain about the media? He talks about writers but doesn't mention anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by FatNJerseykid View Post
          Really, I only read negative articles about the Margarito Scandal which have been supported by views of real boxers. Why doesn't the author of this article call out the pro Margarito writers and the people overblowning the scandal if he's going to complain about the media? He talks about writers but doesn't mention anyone.
          Co sign to this!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, he was caught cheating and never entered the ring with loaded gloves.

1 year suspension is enough punishment.

Others have actually CHEATED and haven't been punished.

Treat everyone the same. No special treatment because one boxer is more popular or nicer than the other.
            The only way I will accept Margo back is if he takes that LIE detection test.

Comment

I'm not trying to defend Margarito, but Trinidad was never this scrutinized when his hands were wrapped illegally in the Hopkins fight. None of Tito's previous ko's were ever called into question, especially after he nearly decapitated William Joppy, which was his last fight before Hopkins. Tito is still a hero, Margarito has been disowned...and he should be disowned. But the media has always liked Trinidad, which is why i suspect he was never a target after his "scandal." I just think if your're going to punish a guy, don't give others fair treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by lexelterrible View Post
                I'm not trying to defend Margarito, but Trinidad was never this scrutinized when his hands were wrapped illegally in the Hopkins fight. None of Tito's previous ko's were ever called into question, especially after he nearly decapitated William Joppy, which was his last fight before Hopkins. Tito is still a hero, Margarito has been disowned...and he should be disowned. But the media has always liked Trinidad, which is why i suspect he was never a target after his "scandal." I just think if your're going to punish a guy, don't give others fair treatment.
                was trinidad caught with plaster in his wraps?

Comment

Originally posted by lexelterrible View Post
                  Trinidad had nothing to do with any ilegal substance (plaster)in his wraps. He had to rewrap because the layers of gauze and tape exceeded the thickness, which was done to protect Trinidad's knuckles not to have advantage and hurt his oponent like Margarito did.

Comment

welll to be fair, who doesnt love a good mexican cheat story?

Comment

Yes, he was caught cheating and never entered the ring with loaded gloves.

1 year suspension is enough punishment.

Others have actually CHEATED and haven't been punished.

Treat everyone the same. No special treatment because one boxer is more popular or nicer than the other.
                      IMO 1 year was enough to stop Margarito from Boxing until the lab result would tell us what the substance was.

After the substance proved that it was plaster the suspension should be increase by 1 or 2 more years. Keep in mind that a lot of boxers every once in a while take 1 year off any way during their carrers.

If during an investigation (which I beleive should take place) it comes out that he did cheat in other fights then suspend him for life.

However what ever suspension he might have, it should be renewed or increased if he fights in another country. Further more they should suspend any boxer and promoter from doing so in the USA if they face or promote a suspended Margarito. There no way this cheater should get any type of support during his suspension.

We can't complain about the past because we cant change it now, although I agree that everybody should be treated iqual, but we can take care of the present in order to help the future of boxing so we need to set hard precedents to persuade this from happening again and 1 year is not a good example for mediocre boxers searching glory and thinking that plaster can help them get that glory.

By the way the precedent was established by the punishment to Luis Resto for this same matter(loaded gloves with plaster), true that Resto did use it in the ring to harm a boxer (props for the well deserved punishment for life) but it's also true that Margarito was planning on doing the same thing Resto did. With Resto precedent eveyboxer has the knowledge that plaster is illegal and can seriously harm a human being it also and also made noticed that every boxer should avoid having this in there hand, taking away that excuse from Margarito that he didn't know what was being placed by Capetillo. "Ignorance is not an excuse" they say in a court of law, however it we should be considered ingnorant if we beleive that excuse from Margarito.
                      Last edited by prsi; 04-08-2009, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X