Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was around 2005 when JT had just beat hopkins that calzaghe wanted the fight with him, taylors win against hopkins had just cemented his status as a player in the MW ranks. he said at the time that he was looking for big fights with the likes of taylor, hopkins and lacy even the likes of tarver, winky wright and johnson were being mentioned.

imo taylor should have taken the fight with joe there an then, he would have been allowed to challenge for the titles and SMW supremacy without even taking a tune up.

it was just one of those fights that never really happened.

Comment

thats cos froch is a ****y **** and i hope taylor KO`s him and in the first round hes a **** with no respect joe would have beat him like a dog im hoping and praying taylors at his 100% very best i dont see froch beating him hes another lacy hype job infact it wouldnt suprise me if lacy could drop him either

Comment

So is it official? Is Taylor going to fight him?

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
          it was around 2005 when JT had just beat hopkins that calzaghe wanted the fight with him, taylors win against hopkins had just cemented his status as a player in the MW ranks. he said at the time that he was looking for big fights with the likes of taylor, hopkins and lacy even the likes of tarver, winky wright and johnson were being mentioned.

imo taylor should have taken the fight with joe there an then, he would have been allowed to challenge for the titles and SMW supremacy without even taking a tune up.

it was just one of those fights that never really happened.
          Joe did call for those fights, but he wasnt even close as being reckognized as one of the p4p best. Remember? Pre-Lacy fight hardly anybody outside of Britain knew Joe thats one of the reasons why he was labeled an underdog against Lacy. It wouldnt have made sense for Taylor to fight him then

On topic: I like it JTs firing back at Froch who's been running his mouth for months now. I think its ironic now that Calzaghe has retired some of the British fans are already boarding the Froch bandwagon. Whatever happened to rooting for fighters that were actually exciting rather than domestic...

Not saying Froch isnt exciting, I enjoyed his fight with Pascal, but there are a lot more exciting fighters, two of them are fighting tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Tek My Pounches View Post
            So is it official? Is Taylor going to fight him?
            no nothings been confirmed yet they say its likely but its not a done deal yet

Comment

excitement is what you want in a fight my top 5 fighters are american tyson and roy jones at 1st and 2nd because they were both great entertainers as well as been able to destroy with 1punch obviously ppl are patriotic but for me exciting fighters are better dont care where there from lol

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                respect to jermain taylor! go and kick froch's ass!
                Taylor is showing he has class by respecting a great fighter.

I too am hoping Jermain puts a beating on Froch...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny nolan View Post
                  thats cos froch is a ****y **** and i hope taylor KO`s him and in the first round hes a **** with no respect joe would have beat him like a dog im hoping and praying taylors at his 100% very best i dont see froch beating him hes another lacy hype job infact it wouldnt suprise me if lacy could drop him either
                  Froch is no Lacy. He's more comparable with Pavlik, IMO. He has a very good jab (when he remembers to use it) and fights with real intensity. I don't like him as a person, he's got no class, unlike Taylor, who oozes class as a person; but he's an exciting fighter, and Taylor-Froch will be an exciting, pick 'em fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
                    Benn,Lewis,Hatton,Dawson,Stallone,McGuigan,Hagler, Haye and now Taylor! The list is growing by the hour,but we shouldnt listen to these bums
                    Hagler? Where?

Comment

Is this Taylor laying the groundwork for another excuse to back out of this fight? Both of them should stop worrying about other fighters and just fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X