No announcement yet.

James Toney vs Sam Langford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Not all guys fought this way. Take Benny Leonard in the 1920's. Now he is as advanced as any 2024 boxer.

In general you are correct though, the technique is better now as in posters during the boxing scene's lifetime. But things like toughness and stamina at heavyweight have suffered a decline.​

Comment

Not all guys fought this way. Take Benny Leonard in the 1920's. Now he is as advanced as any 2024 boxer.

In general you are correct though, the technique is better now as in posters during the boxing scene's lifetime. But things like toughness and stamina at heavyweight have suffered a decline.​
      so these 2 matches I could find this guy Ben and the guy he is fighting looks as advanced as these guys to you?

vids posted down below

Last edited by Ascended; 04-21-2024, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascended View Post
        so these 2 matches I could find this guy Ben and the guy he is fighting looks as advanced as these guys to you?

vids posted down below
        Yes, Leonard is a fine boxer by the standards of a 70's or 90's guy

Comment

These guys were no names, but I don’t see the same obsolete tech making multiple mistakes, and I see these guys are way more advanced in every area of defense, use way more angles, are way more fluid, fight smarter, and have way better tech.

exposed badly liar

Last edited by Ascended; 04-21-2024, 09:55 AM.

Comment

These guys are even more advanced than the other guys I posted. Even as amateurs, those guys fought in the 80s. This match was three years ago. I don’t see the same obsolete tech making multiple mistakes, and I see these guys are way more advanced. Than guys in the Ben era, it’s not even close.

Which Ben were you talking about? Obviously, that isn't the same one I posted; looks horrible compared. ​

Last edited by Ascended; 04-21-2024, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbig1
              I'm high from yesterday. With this fight there is not wrong answer. We all know that Toney could be fat and lazy. When Toney is on both mind and body was one of the most skilled fighters I've seen in years. Sam Langford is one of the most respected p4p champions of all time. I would pick Toney because he was so hard to hit. I'm about 55% sure. peace.
              Such as when?

Comment

I'm high from yesterday. With this fight there is not wrong answer. We all know that Toney could be fat and lazy. When Toney is on both mind and body was one of the most skilled fighters I've seen in years. Sam Langford is one of the most respected p4p champions of all time. I would pick Toney because he was so hard to hit. I'm about 55% sure. peace.
                Can you name/show any amateurs/midcarders who fought as obsolete as these guys in 70s-90s?

Comment

Toney 13th match is sam and that guy he fought as advanced as this guy toney fought or toney himself?

Is it anybody on video from Sam's era in this class or another fighter as advanced as this guy tone fought?,is Sam, and that guy he fought as advanced as this guy Toney fought, or Toney himself?

​If not That means your version of Sam doesn’t exist. This one is trash and the fighters he fought compared to even that guy tone fought​

So yes, the correct answer is tone wins, and easily, why you brought up that odd quote of how tone showed up fat makes no sense at all, since that version isn't needed as this version was already way too advanced for all classes, Sam or anybody else in that novice-like class back then.

Last edited by Ascended; 04-21-2024, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascended View Post

Can you name/show any amateurs/midcarders who fought as obsolete as these guys in 70s-90s?
                    You can't fight "as obsolete" you fool. You can be obsolete. Using this term with respect to boxing is almost as ridiculous as some of your other s***. Do you ever quit lol.
                    JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

You can't fight "as obsolete" you fool. You can be obsolete. Using this term with respect to boxing is almost as ridiculous as some of your other s***. Do you ever quit lol.
                      He says the same thing over and over as if it's going to make it true. He can't explain these flaws he speaks of. You've asked, I've asked, others have asked. I just want to know how lateral movement has advanced. I cantwait for that one!!
                      billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X