No announcement yet.

James Toney vs Sam Langford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney vs Sam Langford

Y'all decide what weights, for what, whatever situations you like.

What brought this about is I believe JT and Lang are the men with the most belts not recognized as major or legitimate titles at HW/CW. I'm including CW because it's not a thing in Sam's time and I just think it's interesting these two great MWs have so many larger than MW titles.

I was just looking to see who is the HW champion of some of these lesser known orgs and Toney comes up quiet often, so I checked CW and man he's there even more. WBF, WBU, IBU, IBA, IBO, and IBC.

Back in the day Langford was easily the king of the unter-belt. He's been crowned by french (FBF Jeanette 10) and british (NSC Hague) and of course his five time Colored HW crown. 1910, 1912, 1914, 1916, and 1917. And the Mexican title in 23.

I thought it was interesting.

Would like to think langford would find a way to win. He has much deeper record.

Comment

Ask Dan Hammy. He'll tell you.

Comment

Toney has never a champion at Heavyweight.

Edit - Misread OP.

He had lots of those other titles but not a legitimate HW title.

Hard to say who wins the fight really but obviously Langford is the vastly greater fighter.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 12-27-2020, 06:38 PM.
        billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Tony would be to technical for any fighter of the 10s through 50s era Langford is tough and would def make it to final bell.
          With said Langford best chance would be his 1 punch ko power but on the other end Tony has great chin great defense I got Tony UD.
          mrbig1 mrbig1 Rockin' Rockin' like this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Edit - Misread OP.

Hard to say who wins the fight really but obviously Langford is the vastly greater fighter.
            James sure kicked Holyfields ass though. Was it peds? I don't know. But he sure did kick that ass with his skills. ........Rockin'
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Edit - Misread OP.

Langford was under 5”7 I believe not sure who won what at heavyweight makes much difference. Toney one of the craftiest fighters of all time .

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                James sure kicked Holyfields ass though. Was it peds? I don't know. But he sure did kick that ass with his skills. ........Rockin'
                Yeah he beat up Holyfield’s corpse.

Fantastic.
                Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Toney has never been a champion at Heavyweight.

Comment

Yeah he beat up Holyfield’s corpse.

Fantastic.

Have you ever beaten up a former worlds champion corpse, and gotten paid for doing so? .........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X