Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest of all time? P4P? Robinson, Leonard, Mayweather or RJJ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That be said I make poor predictions on fights unless they are fairly straight forward, I just dont see Mayweatehrs style as enough to make up for his lack of physical attributes compared to these guys, they have more overall skill and physicality combined than mayweather does, I think they can make his style fail because of speed and similar range

Comment

If he can do Hearns and Duran I think he can handle anything mayweather has to offer

Comment

hearns would have probably beat mayweather and SRR

I think it should be narrowed down to RJJ, and Leonard
        Last edited by AlexKid; 11-26-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I guess how people view what the greatest if all time consists of. Is this a discussion of who would win in a single fight or comparing their performances over the span of their entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            I guess how people view what the greatest if all time consists of. Is this a discussion of who would win in a single fight or comparing their performances over the span of their entire career.
            its not an endurance event, its not who can last teh longest over tiem, its about whos the best prime for prime,

I guess u r just trolling

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              its not an endurance event, its not who can last teh longest over tiem, its about whos the best prime for prime,

I guess u r just trolling
              No not trolling. This is a tough one. RJJ was incredible at his peak. Leonard is out. Lost to Duran a smaller guy. Hearns is out. Lost by devastating KO to Hagler. Hearns was just as big as Hagler maybe bigger. He was a walking matchstick at 147. That leaves RJJ Duran and SRR. Those three guys are the cream. Problem is I haven't seen much of SRR. I'm going to go by reputation and if those three were all the same size it's SRR.

Comment

fool me once shame on .....you

fool me cant get fooled again

Comment

fool me once shame on .....you

fool me cant get fooled again

Little Alex

Have to applaud you making an effort to look at tape. Unfortunately you havent the foggiest about what to look for, do you?

SRR could fight moving backwards...most fighers can barely keep out of the way moving back... That means that one of the chief things a pressure fighter does, get the man moving back, is checked.... Jones cannot do so. SRR had power in both arms, and could end it with a punch, JOnes could not do that. SRR fought some of the best fighters ever, Jones fought some great fighters...some. And chin? No comparison as RR had one of the best, Jones could not take Tarver's shots and on.

Both men got beat occasionally by a pressure fighter, for Jones that was Glencoff Johnson, an excellent, but not great fighter...For SRR that was LaMotta, a world class ATG.

Speed? comparable maybe slight edge to Jones. Defense? RR had a lot more weapons, can't compare the two really, power? RR.

Now heres the funny thing: Everything I posted can be looked for on tape. You have to know where and what to look for. I would encourage you to have another go.

Comment

some clarification

Just want to clarify a few points in my post:

There are some who will look at my post and say: "Roy had power!" Yeah true... But the devil hides in the details. Look at the type of fighters, the calibre of fighter who was being Ko'ed with that power.

If you look at the power mechanics Robinson never telegraphs, Roy uses speed, feints, but often comes back with the arm. Just one of those things, and perhaps a reason why Robinson could KO some of the best.

Comment

xDDDDDD

I think he has a fcuking difficult style to deal with its bloody effective I just think RJJ and SRL would overwhelm even his style, if they were at the same weight.

SRL has the same skill level or greater but he is a much better faster athlete, he has plenty of offensive and defensive skill himself

RJJ just takes the speed power and physical attributes to way too much of a high level for Mayweather to cope, hes long ranged and fast unlike pacman, and just made an absolute fool of brilliant people

Mayweasther might catch them with a counter but I see his game breaking down under their abilities which weve never seen before
                      Sugar Ray destroyed the Philly Shell he knocked out Floyd Sr who would have been Champ as well if he fought in Floyd jr Era

Comment

Working...
                      X