No announcement yet.

Joe Louis Runs the Gauntlet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    completely wrong. Tyson was 190 lbs at 15, what was Patterson? 145?. Same height sure but Tyson was a lot naturally stronger and muscled. I don't get your logic.
    do you have proof of that?

Tyson's physical preparations were clearly very different than Floyd's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      that's quitethe white flag.

so who was saying it? the other "them_apples"?

sure, lots of boxers have. i wrestled growing up, then switched to jujitsu. i've made my share of boxers squeal.

it'scute seing a canadian kid act sassy and impolite. but don't take yourself too seriously. i'll tell you what i tell kids i coach(real monsters, son): don't put your pride in front of your opportunity to grow. if you say something wrong, don't try to make it right. just learn and move on.
      whatever, you said I was a nerd who never boxed or even sweated. You also take me for a fool who hasn't done any research. I've read over 150 books on boxing. My theory on Ali being a more skilled boxer isn't some quick statement that "most americans agree with". I have watched every single one of his fights, he was a subtle master. What fury does is an imitation he's got holes in his game.

Comment

do you have proof of that?

Tyson's physical preparations were clearly very different than Floyd's.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKI7dM9sGw

if I recall Patterson was 165 lbs in his early 20s. so we can say at least 175 walking around.

Comment

completely wrong. Tyson was 190 lbs at 15, what was Patterson? 145?. Same height sure but Tyson was a lot naturally stronger and muscled. I don't get your logic.
          - -Only logic you need to get is that a Rusty Trombone is unpolished and unstudied and flunked Physiology 101.

Comment

The size difference between Wilt Chamberlain and Andre the giant was much bigger than the size difference between old time heavyweights and modern superheavies yet Wilt demolished him once when they had a competition to see who was stronger.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKI7dM9sGw

if I recall Patterson was 165 lbs in his early 20s. so we can say at least 175 walking around.
              Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Wait a second!

Sorry. I had to pick myself up off the floor. But I'm still in shock, so bear with me.

How your tune has changed... whatever happened to the argument that fighters of yesteryear trained themselves down to their lowest weight, while subsequent generations have seen fighters who pack on additional bulk?

Dude, you missed the golden opportunity to spout your favorite line!

You had one job to do!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Only logic you need to get is that a Rusty Trombone is unpolished and unstudied and flunked Physiology 101.

Sorry, Queenie, declining your offer to inspect whatever it might be stuck in your snatch wasn't a physiology test. That was you just being a creepy old bird. Even the professors at Trump University would agree with that.

Comment

Sorry, Queenie, declining your offer to inspect whatever it might be stuck in your snatch wasn't a physiology test. That was you just being a creepy old bird. Even the professors at Trump University would agree with that.
                  - -You can't carry my jock or water bucket Jr.

Ive seen tons of young Tyson physiotypes in my day that has nothing to with your two note mantra on PEDs and gayness you revert to any time you were exposed.

In boxing terms yer 0-50 with 50 KO losses, but always entertaining as you go down swinging at shadows!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -You can't carry my jock or water bucket Jr.

Ive seen tons of young Tyson physiotypes in my day that has nothing to with your two note mantra on PEDs and gayness you revert to any time you were exposed.

In boxing terms yer 0-50 with 50 KO losses, but always entertaining as you go down swinging at shadows!
                    I heard it was a Popsicle stick you had in there. Is that true?

Comment

It depends on who nails (weak) Louis chin first, he wouldn't get past Tyson!

Comment

Working...
                      X