No announcement yet.

Could GGG beat Nunn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could GGG beat Nunn?

I started thinking about this yesterday. Haven't seen Golovkin-Jacobs yet, but heard Danny was switching his stances back and forth a bit. Started wondering how Gennady would fare against the version of Micheal Nunn who was beating James Toney before getting stopped late. Would Nunn befuddle him or would GGG catch up with him the way Toney did?

Nunn more then likely decisions him

Comment

Nunn has the skills to outpoint ggg.. I don't even think it's debatable on that point..

The question is if ggg could land on nunn... nunn if he doesn't get sloppy should be able to neutralize ggg's attacks with his size, range, jab, movement..

Ggg probably only has a puncher's chance

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Nunn more then likely decisions him
        I would bet on it. Nunn really moved well in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I would bet on it. Nunn really moved well in the ring.
          He did, and he had excellent speed and pop. I'll reserve judgement till after I see the Jacobs fight in it's entirety.

Comment

Nunn was a much better boxer than Jacobs. That's for certain.

Comment

Nunn could be a bit flaky in the ring so that would be Golovkin's best chance. Nunn from 88-91 would be very hard for anyone to defeat. Golovkin would have to be very aggressive to get the win.

Comment

Michael Runn had good pop? That was the best laugh today. He was featherfisted. But Runn he could, and Runn might decision the GGG I saw Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  Michael Runn had good pop? That was the best laugh today. He was featherfisted. But Runn he could, and Runn might decision the GGG I saw Saturday night.
                  38 stoppage victories in 58 wins doesn't indicate a featherfisted fighter. Nunn was no big puncher but he could crack a bit when he sat down on his punches (which he didn't always do)

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Nunn was a much better boxer than Jacobs. That's for certain.
                  Nunn was also a much better boxer than Freddie Little and a better boxer than Toney, Rocchigiani and Liles.

Comment

GGG could win if he keeps the pressure on. He could get to Nunn late, especially if he keeps laying in body shots from the opening bell.

Comment

Working...
                    X