No announcement yet.

Could GGG beat Nunn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Toney was outclassed by Jones...period. He lost other fights, looked like crap at times but was not out classed.

Let me esplain Luuucy about the word 'great'. Great can mean very talented or like an all time great. So For example, Thurmon Munson was a great catcher...Probably not an ATG though, some of is might argue otherwise ahem. Great can mean very good. See? Like Toney was a great fighter but not an ATG. Thats not throwing the word around thats acknowledging talent.One can say Nunn was a great talent as in better than good, or even very good... Thats not calling him at All Time Great.
    Fantastic but here on Planet Earth Nunn wasn't great and no one he beat was great.

Talent wise he wasn't even great.

He's a very flawed fighter and it showed up time and time again in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Fantastic but here on Planet Earth Nunn wasn't great and no one he beat was great.

Talent wise he wasn't even great.

He's a very flawed fighter and it showed up time and time again in his career.
      Well then....EArth to DAN: I really will use the word great as I see fit, I have no problem with qualifying it as well...too bad if your sensabilities can't except it. Nunn was indeed a great talent, he was outstanding in many respects, many wanting to see him versus Jones...I would have given him a chance in that fight actually.

Your opinion is different...Too bad! You see I can accept a difference of opinion and yu can't Luuucy, thats just too bad isn't it? Now, Im done with this subject...post on.

Comment

Nunn have better movement and more exp then Jacobs ,he would present him plenty problems ,Ordinary fighters like Golovkin are no threat to natural talent like Nunn or Toney

every fighters have flaws Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
          Nunn have better movement and more exp then Jacobs ,he would present him plenty problems ,Ordinary fighters like Golovkin are no threat to natural talent like Nunn or Toney

every fighters have flaws Dan
          Yes but Nunn has quite a few glaring ones.

As does GGG

Comment

The way I see it is Golovkin dictates as long as his opponent let's him. I don't think Jacob's was as good as Nunn. But Nunn had lapses mentally. It cost him the Toney fight and that's the Nunn I'm comparing here. On the flip side, GGG gets hit more than Toney did and the southpaw stance obviously have him trouble. All in all, I think Nunn would win a decision. Just my opinion.

Comment

Nunn had the tools to beat Golovkin, a tall southpaw with excellent skills. But Nunn often chose to fight rather than box. That would be good for Golovkin probably. Who would win, I really can't say because they fought different fighters and variables are hard to measure when they are measured against different opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Yes but Nunn has quite a few glaring ones.

As does GGG
                I agree with this ,SRL had some to ,like inside game in early careere

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  The way I see it is Golovkin dictates as long as his opponent let's him. I don't think Jacob's was as good as Nunn. But Nunn had lapses mentally. It cost him the Toney fight and that's the Nunn I'm comparing here. On the flip side, GGG gets hit more than Toney did and the southpaw stance obviously have him trouble. All in all, I think Nunn would win a decision. Just my opinion.
                  pretty fair assessment and I agree

Comment

Nunn's skills could conceivably win him almost every round. But he had a habit of losing concentration and to do such against GGG is flirting with calamity.

GGG does tend to attract more praise than he possibly deserves. But I don't think there's any question that he's a damaging hitter who knows how to exploit an advantage.

One way or another it would be a spectacular fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X