No announcement yet.

Heavyweights who beat prime World Class Opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    First off, there is no such thing as "world class opposition" Your an idiot who, in an effort to once again push your tired bs thought you would make up a category to be cute...being such an idiot you realized that this little construction of yours was ill concieved so you tried to switch to "prime opposition." And you have been since that time trying to backpeddle into your same stupid agenda. Finally you got the brilliant idea to put both terms toether thinking, I would imagine, that if one takes one piece of **** and another, combines them, obviously one will have gold...what an idiot!

Sonny...your just none too bright. When you try to argue on your feet, or try to spring a trap your not intellectually able to anticipate any situations that may arise...this is why you had to change your stupid jingoism "world class opposition" to "prime opposition." Lets look at how god awful stupid you are:

World class opposition? does that mean Ward doesn't qualify because he fights in Oakland? Or that one has to have fought people from many countries? and how does this make one better exactly? do you perhaps mean elite? or some other such thing? ditto for prime opposition. What you mean and are too stupid to understand is "opponents in the prime of their career".

So how does world class opposition become the same as opponents in their prime? You know how? your a moron thats how. YOur stupid and persistant and a nuisance and little else and notice how many times I mentioned Lewis in this post because you not even being able to set a trap right, using terms you created like a four year old in a sand box, does not even let us touch on why you created this thread in the first place...which is to spread the stupidity.

Get some brains before you try to be cute, your an embarasment.
    totaly unreadable. it reads like you are not of sound mind bill.?... sorry mate i cannot decipher your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Shannon Briggs, Marvin Hart & Leon Spinks are vastly superior fighters in every aspect of the game, than what Hasim Rahman has ever been. Briggs fought 7 former heavyweight champions, beating 3 of them, and drawing with another. Biggs twice went the full distance with current title holders, in title fights.

Marvin Hart defeated 4 IBHOF fighters, i need not continue with educating you with his excellent career. As it would be folly. Yet compared to Hasim Rahman, Hart is on a different level.

Leon Spinks went the championship distance of 15 rounds, Twice, winning and losing, against the Universally Greatest Heavyweight Champion of all times. Spinks had one of the greatest Amateur careers ever, culminating in him winning Olympic Gold Medal. Spinks was thought good enough to fight 3 Heavyweight champions, within his first 15 bouts. Spinks fought World rated contenders as early as his 6th bout and over the 10 round distance.. Hasim Rahman could not go 15rds if no one was even hitting him.

Hasim Rahman fought Oleg Maskaev Twice, NO Champion in the history of boxing, has been poleaxed twice in such fashion. Not even Lennox Lewis, who was poleaxed by mediocre journeymen twice. Maskaev completely demolished Rahman twice. For you to claim Rahman is not the worst in history, is laughable. He quit rather than take a beating from James Toney. He was beaten to a pulp by old Holyfield, who couldn't fight longer than a minute of each round.

I have not questioned the Lewis victory as you claim. Millions of boxing fans worldwide questioned it. Lewis boasted, "One brother for breakfast, the other brother for Tea".. He very nearly came unstuck, against the worst of the brothers. Lewis quickly ran off into retirement with his trousers full of brown. At the thought of facing Wladimir
      Briggs was defeated nearly every single time he stepped up. Defeating HOF fighters means little to this discussion as it is just a popularity contest. But since you want to question the list, how about compiling your own list of 10 from worst to best of the worst? I already know you won't do it because you know you will be abused just as you have been in your last two threads.

Who said anything about Lewis? Lol, you always seem to find a way to bring him into everything, don't you? You're obsessed.

Comment

• Prime world class opponent of Mike Tyson.

eg: Tyson vs Tony Tucker... Tucker was in his Prime & fighting at World Class. him being 34-0 and IBF Heavyweight Champion.

Lennox Lewis vs Tony Tucker 1993.. Tucker now 48-1-0 was no longer Prime World Class Opponent.. 6yrs on from his loss to Mike Tyson, Tucker was a "Shell of the fighter" he was in 1997. His well reported Drug-Addiction, had taken it's toll on him. Tuckers legs had completely gone, by this stage of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Briggs was defeated nearly every single time he stepped up. Defeating HOF fighters means little to this discussion as it is just a popularity contest. But since you want to question the list, how about compiling your own list of 10 from worst to best of the worst? I already know you won't do it because you know you will be abused just as you have been in your last two threads.

Who said anything about Lewis? Lol, you always seem to find a way to bring him into everything, don't you? You're obsessed.
          Who said anything about Lewis?.. You did, you wrote:

"Shannon Briggs
          Marvin Hart
          Leon Spinks

These are just a few that spring to mind. I have little doubt I could come up with plenty of others.

So you question the Lewis victory because the crowd didn't like the stoppage? "..

You are obsessed, you try with every ounce of your imagination, to stop myself or any other member, writing the truth about Lennox Lewis. Go to Youtube, click onto anything to do with Lennox Lewis. You will read 1000s of comments, from boxing fans the world over, all saying exactly what i have alway's claimed. Are we all wrong?... Are we all obsessed?..

Comment

Who said anything about Lewis?.. You did, you wrote:

"Shannon Briggs
            Marvin Hart
            Leon Spinks

These are just a few that spring to mind. I have little doubt I could come up with plenty of others.

So you question the Lewis victory because the crowd didn't like the stoppage? "..

You are obsessed, you try with every ounce of your imagination, to stop myself or any other member, writing the truth about Lennox Lewis. Go to Youtube, click onto anything to do with Lennox Lewis. You will read 1000s of comments, from boxing fans the world over, all saying exactly what i have alway's claimed. Are we all wrong?... Are we all obsessed?..
            Click on YouTube or any boxing site and you will see thousands of fans all saying exactly what I've said time and again. The fact oh s you wrap ANYTHING to suit your agenda. One minute the fans no nothing if the day Hagler best Duran by 4 rounds. The next you claim Lewis really didn't beat Vits because the crowd booed the stoppage. You have serious mental issues son, and it apparent to everyone here.

Comment

totaly unreadable. it reads like you are not of sound mind bill.?... sorry mate i cannot decipher your post.
              Sonny I would hate to think you read most posts given your innane responses. When i respond to a post of yours in this fashion, it is for the benefit of other members and to leave a record, I harbor no illusions that you read the post...or that you can even read anything over 4th grade level to be honest.

Comment

Yes Jess Willard was prime. As was Carpentier, Gibbons, Firpo & Tunney (twice).. losing to Tunney is meaningless, it was still a Prime World Class opponent.

Reason i made no mention of Greb or Wills is that, Dempsey never fought either of them...

lol "World class opponent." keep using the term and it might stick...like throwing **** against the wall right?

Comment

Click on YouTube or any boxing site and you will see thousands of fans all saying exactly what I've said time and again. The fact oh s you wrap ANYTHING to suit your agenda. One minute the fans no nothing if the day Hagler best Duran by 4 rounds. The next you claim Lewis really didn't beat Vits because the crowd booed the stoppage. You have serious mental issues son, and it apparent to everyone here.
                  Youtube comments by boxing fans, equate that "I have serious mental issues"
                  There is no suiting agenda, as you like to claim. It is there for all to see. Do the paying customers in attendance, at Lewis vs Vitali, voice their disproval, of Lewis being declared the winner of the fight?.... You are trying to imply, i have had something to do with those in attendance The entire boxing world, was buzzing with anger, annoyance and vexation at the outcome. Lewis promised the entire boxing world, he would face Vitali in a rematch. Yet ran off with his trousers full of brown. lol

Comment

Youtube comments by boxing fans, equate that "I have serious mental issues"
                    There is no suiting agenda, as you like to claim. It is there for all to see. Do the paying customers in attendance, at Lewis vs Vitali, voice their disproval, of Lewis being declared the winner of the fight?.... You are trying to imply, i have had something to do with those in attendance The entire boxing world, was buzzing with anger, annoyance and vexation at the outcome. Lewis promised the entire boxing world, he would face Vitali in a rematch. Yet ran off with his trousers full of brown. lol
                    Lewis had stayed before Johnson got hurt that he was leaning toward retirement and wanted on more superfight with either Jones or Vits. He got Vits, stopped him and retired as only one of a few to defeat every man he ever faced as as a pro. And no, the fans weren't booing because Lewis won, they were booing because a great fighter was stopped and Vits was showing some heart.

Comment

Lewis had stayed before Johnson got hurt that he was leaning toward retirement and wanted on more superfight with either Jones or Vits. He got Vits, stopped him and retired as only one of a few to defeat every man he ever faced as as a pro. And no, the fans weren't booing because Lewis won, they were booing because a great fighter was stopped and Vits was showing some heart.
                      LOL...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjOEuM6gbbk

watch the above short interview..

ask yourself this, would any of the greats have retired after this fight? without putting it right? without putting it to bed? Lewis should've given him the rematch and sorted this out before he retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X