No announcement yet.

Heavyweights who beat prime World Class Opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Let's look at Heavyweight Champions and assess their historical standing, on how/who they fought and defeated who was in their prime.

example:
    Rid**** Bowe defeated prime Holyfield (twice)

George Foreman defeated prime Ken Norton, Joe Frazier ?. Michael Moorer

Gene Tunney - Dempsey (twice), Harry Grebb (four)

Jack Dempsey

Mike Tyson

Larry Holmes

Sonny Liston

etc
    Gene Tunney = Dempsey twice?! Lol. **** off you idiot. Just stop posting.

Comment

Originally posted by WalkerSmithJnr View Post
      So you're sticking with Dempsey being prime against Tunney?

Also Greb and Tunney never fought at HW, Greb was always well within the LHW limit.
      Smh, seriously don't waste your time with this absolute loser. Utter casual.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Sonny has a problem interpreting scorecards, and also with telling the truth. He has repeatedly claimed that his idol Mike Tyson won every round in both Ruddock fights, even though the scorecards clearly indicate that was impossible.
        Yes Tyson won every round, both fights. It was very easy fights for Mike, as Ruddock was very limited. Ruddock's claim to fame was knocking out junkie Mike Dokes. But you try to glorify Ruddock as a world-beater, in an effort to make your idol Lennox Lewis win over Ruddock look better. Ruddock was brutally beaten by Tyson, so much so, that his jaw, cheeckbone and eye-socket was smashed. Ruddock was clearly "Damaged-Goods" the night he fought Lewis, he never through a single punch in the fight. He was pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by WalkerSmithJnr View Post
          Willard-Prime??
          Carpentier- Prime at Heavyweight???
          Firpo- World class????
          Gibbons- Prime at Heavyweight?????
          Tunney- He lost to twice

You didn't mention Dempsey fighting Greb or Wills, oh that's right I remember......

See how easy it is SoppyBoy
          Yes Jess Willard was prime. As was Carpentier, Gibbons, Firpo & Tunney (twice).. losing to Tunney is meaningless, it was still a Prime World Class opponent.

Reason i made no mention of Greb or Wills is that, Dempsey never fought either of them...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            Lennox TKO6 Vitali
            Rahman over Lewis
            Did Lewis really defeat Vitali?

Rahman World Class Rahman is by far, the worst fighter to ever hold the title.

Comment

Yes, Lewis REALLY defeated Vits. Do you question that?

If you think Rahman was "by far" the worst fighter to ever hold a title you no nothing of this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Yes, Lewis REALLY defeated Vits. Do you question that?

If you think Rahman was "by far" the worst fighter to ever hold a title you no nothing of this sport.
                LOL... Yes, Hasim Rahman is the worst fighter to ever hold the Heavyweight title.... who was worse than Rahman?

How do i question Lewis victory over Vitali?.. Did the crowd in attendance question it?... Did Lewis promise the entire boxing world, he would face Vitali in a return fight?.... lol

Comment

You are under estimating the value of showing up for a fight at ones desire to fight at optimal performance ,like Tyson many Lewis opposition came in at their best .Take instance Lionel Butler who was on a 15 fight win streak with 14 k.os.Was he world class in that era ?No ,neither was half the guys you listed who Tyson defeatted . Rhaman k.od Lewis when Lewis clowned around ,if you nit pic fights you know what happens here so i'll just leave it at that and wont bury you and your little off the mark thread .If anyone knows anything about boxing they know in reality ALL top fighters only fight usually less than a handfull of prime fighters in their spanned careers anyway. The Vitali performance speaks for itself win or loss since i know Vitali was practically the hardest guy to fight and win against ,which puts Lewis's stock even higher so goayead respond i cant wait because i need the laugh now.......

Comment

Every Thread:

Comment

Yes Jess Willard was prime. As was Carpentier, Gibbons, Firpo & Tunney (twice).. losing to Tunney is meaningless, it was still a Prime World Class opponent.

Reason i made no mention of Greb or Wills is that, Dempsey never fought either of them...
                      It really helps when you read what you're quoting. Gibbons and Carpentier were light heavyweights. Forgo was prime but not World Class Willard was not prime he hadn't fought for 3 and a half years and was what nearly 40?
                      Obviously losing is relevant because it says when he met a decent opponent he LOST.
                      And you agree he ducked Greb and Wills then?
                      I'm still trying to work out if your ******ed, insane or just know zero about boxing or indeed facts or logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X