Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry, but this boxers were /are incredibly overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leonard would never ever beat a prime duran, he had to fight him at an unconditioned state and in an extra large ring.

Hagler was battered after a career filled with wars, especially the one against hearns.

Hearns got robbed in both fights, he wanst as hurt as he should have been for the sttopage.

Comment

Originally posted by pedrog60 View Post
      I ll try not to make this too painful
      And you failed miserably.

Does the 60 indicate your year of birth? That would mean you're in your mid 50's and still use the term "beated."

Your posts are the equivalent of a brain tumour.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Its sad to see this section of the site become a "stir the pot" zone!
        Starting threads that degrade and attack past champions is only to get a reaction. Theres no real interest in these bashing threads and thats been proven over & over again by the young fellows who were posting here daily just to promote hate.

To the OP you make comparisons of opponents but you mention no techniques or methodology used by Tyson, Leonard or Pacman.

I personally had Holmes winning close over "a scared blown up cruiser Spinks". Spinks very much like Holmes was when fighting Tyson was not in a good position to win but he was one of the greatest Lightheavy chapions and I don't think he fought at cruiser ever!

I place the fellows you mentioned in the top tweny of their divisions. If you think about all the fighters of distinction who competed in the same division you'll agree being a top twenty placement is a very high rating.

ok, go on with your "hate fest" you forgot to mention Floyd or Wlad!!!!!!

Ray.
        Did you have Holmes winning his first fight against Spinks?

Comment

Whats worse is both spinks and holmes were coming back for paychecks after layoffs. These guys weee literally fed to mike to build up his resume. The best actual competition on his resume is tony tucker because you can make a valid argument that a cocaine addicted and out of shape version went the distance with a prime lennox lewis.

Tyson is brutally overrated on the all time list but he would certainly be a limited strong contender in any era. H2h though hes not beating any determined atg champion. Even the version of holyfield that beat him was past prime, blown up and on the decline.

Ray leonard Isn't really overated on a big scale, but by americans he is. You are right his win over Duran is sort of weak, involved good business manuevers and the actual fight was a let down because Ray wasn't really ahead or even beating Duran at the time he said no mas. On top of that, the first and most significant fight has Duran soundly beating Leonard - and the common misconception was leonard fought flat footed. This was from ferdie pachecos bull**** nuthugging commentating that he is known for. Watch leonards entire career, he was a boxer puncher who got in with a ring master who knew how to cut the ring off.

However, Leonard still proved his balls in that fight and furthermore beat a prime thomas hearns, which is one of the best wins on a ww resume in the history of the sport.

His hagler win was impressive because hagler destroyed everyone, and leonard...not being in his prime either jumped up and won a decision. I think hagler should have kept his title but meh...close fight.

Take away those 3 big fights and srl also battered a prime benitez while he was green. Srl was the real deal imo.

Pacquiao now, overrated at welterweight perhaps as every single win at this weight has a red flag attached to it, but his resume below this weight is actually all time great status. So overrated? Perhaps but still great in my book.

Rocky marciano, most people consider him overated, but hes still better than the current crop of heavyweights. The hw division has always been littered with bums if you take away the golden era of the 70s.
          Last edited by them_apples; 09-27-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Duran was a lightweight for as long as he could squeeze into 135. He was a very natural welterweight when he beat Leonard.

Blaming Leonard for Duran's piss poor conditioning in the rematch is incredibly weak. Duran was no inexperienced kid and he knew he was signing for a very tough fight.

Hearns was slightly ahead on points, but his legs were gone when the fight was stopped and extending that fight would have put him at risk.

Hagler might have been old, but battered?

[I]You're just creating your own self serving facts here. You are clearly someone with an agenda. We have enough of that already here.[/I]

That sums it up perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by pedrog60 View Post
              I ll try to not make this too painful, but i feel like i need to say this.

a) Mike Tyson.

Great champion, makes it to the top 20 (at the HW division) at his prime.
              But considering him among the top 10 best pound for pound fighters or the top 10 heavys, its ridicolous.

He never beated a really big name except an old larry holmes and a scared blown up cruiser Spinks.

b) Ray Leonard.

This guy, many people place him at the top 20 p4p or the top 10 as a welter / middleweight.

Being honest, if the analyze his 5/6 bigger fights, he wasnt that "sweet".

He lost to duran prime for prime, being Duran a natural lightweight.

He won to a dehydrated and unconditioned Duran only 5 months later, having duran got fat and slow after his victory in Montreal.

He got a lucky early stoppage over Thomas hearns, and before that, the hitman had clearly outboxed him and beated him on points.

Later on, as a middleweight, Hearns got robbed with a ridicoulous draw againts sugar ray, after knocking down leonard 2 times.

And then, after ducking Mike McCallum and Aaron Pyror his whole career, he came to suddenly fight and old and battered Marvin Hagler, and got away with a split decision which i consider a robbery as well.

c) Manny Pacquiao.

Nothing against the pac man, big fan of his, but today you can find a lot of people placing him in the top 10 pound 4 pound of history. No comments on that.

d)Rocky Marciano.

And undefeated record does nothing to make you a great fighter if you never truly fought any good fighter in his prime, and most of your opponents were bums of old fighters way past their prime.

Let the hate begin.

^^^^^^

Comment

What's the point with this, all mentioned were great fighters.
                Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Your moms incredibly overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                    Is this where someone pipes up...quite emphatically "she is most definitely not overrated!"

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                      so mature, u must be a rocky fan

Comment

Working...
                      X