No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis: A Career Re-Examined

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post

The article refers to his contest with Aleksandr Miroshnichenko, a boxer who he previously had been defeated by on points in a meet earlier in the Olympic year.

--

It's my opinion that the article is poorly written due to the strong negative tone which removes the writers objectivity.
    The Russian put Bowe on the canvas! Just like Golota, a taste of things to come.

Bowe was all size and brawn. He had heart but was severely lacking between the ears.
    Last edited by Joeyzagz; 09-22-2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Couldn't disagree more with that notion.

Please feel free to argue that point and we can discuss it.
      His resume speaks for itself,,,

Apart from Bowe and a younger tyson.... Lennox fought and defeated everyone around him.

Holyfield (IMO x2)
      VK
      Grant
      Tua
      Rahman
      Mccall
      Botha
      Grant
      Golota
      Morrison
      Bruno
      Mercer (that was a close one though)
      Mavrovic

etc.. solid resume.... ofcourse he lacks a prime ATG though you could argue VK is that win.... Who would you say has a better resume than lewis? aapart from the obvious ones not many come close

that why i said arguably

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post

Apart from Bowe and a younger tyson.... Lennox fought and defeated everyone around him.

Holyfield (IMO x2)
        VK
        Grant
        Tua
        Rahman
        Mccall
        Botha
        Grant
        Golota
        Morrison
        Bruno
        Mavrovic

etc.. solid resume.... ofcourse he lacks a prime ATG though you could argue VK is that win.... Who would you say has a better resume than lewis? aapart from the obvious ones not many come close

that why i said arguably
        That resume you just listed doesn't impress me.

Who would I say has a better resume? I would say Ali, Louis, Holyfield and Foreman defintely do, IMO.

Then I would argue Holmes, Frazier, Liston and Wladimir Klitschko could have aswell.

Definitely has a solid resume I would never dispute that but I don't see how it's a great resume or even close if I'm honest.

I certainly can't see an argument for it being the best resume in HW history.

And for the record I had him losing to Mercer and Holyfield 2.

Comment

Who would I say has a better resume? I would say Ali, Louis, Holyfield and Foreman defintely do, IMO.

Then I would argue Holmes, Frazier, Liston and Wladimir Klitschko could have aswell.

Definitely has a solid resume I would never dispute that but I don't see how it's a great resume or even close if I'm honest.

Only Ali and Holyfield can hold a candle to that resume.

Only Ali and Holyfield.

Comment

Lewis has the most impressive resume in boxing history,hes beat much more prime fighters than Ali ever did,and they weren't just big they could box too.He is the best super Hw on paper and only Wlad could arguably take that spot if he stays in the game for another 5 fights as hes planned.Looking down the line of all the dominate era champs resumes who was better on paper ? I wouldn't say hes the most dominant,in terms of losing at his best or showing holes in his game...I would put Tyson of the 80's and vitali over him,as his only loss was to Lewis and that was never resolved.Either way I don't see how hes not in a top 5 spot for anyone who actually follows boxing.

http://lennoxlewis.com/videogallery/...-lennox-lewis/
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-22-2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Silly Absurd. Lewis is great, definitely made the top ten but unless you only have a limited mentality and are not aware of any fighters that fought before you were born, would Lewis be the best ever.

Comment

reported for trolling

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
                  reported for trolling
                  Not sure if you're serious but if you are I'm obviously not trolling it's merely a discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
                    As yet have not come across an article disputing the stoppage.

Typical of the reporting is the following paragraph taken from an article published October 2, 1988 in the New York Times;

"In the super-heavyweight bout, there were no complaints or excuses as the Brooklyn-born Riddick Bowe was stopped by Lennox Lewis of Canada at 43 seconds of the second round."

Is anybody else able source differing opinion?
                    Bizarre comments don't you think Joe, whereas the video of the fight clearly shows the apprehension and concern of those commentating (Ferdie Pacheco) and by Bowe himself in the after-fight interview.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post

Holyfield (IMO x2)
                      VK
                      Grant
                      Tua
                      Rahman
                      Mccall
                      Botha
                      Grant
                      Golota
                      Morrison
                      Bruno
                      Mavrovic

that why i said arguably
                      Holyfield ~ Lewis unfortunate to only get draw. Holyfield robbed in rematch
                      Vitali ~ Lewis very fortunate to come away with victory
                      Grant ~ Class C fighter who had been exposed by Golota
                      Tua ~ Fattest man to ever fight for title, fatter than Two-Ton Galento.
                      Rahman ~ mediocre journeyman who poleaxed Lewis.
                      Golota ~ Steroid freak who never beat a Top 30 fighter
                      McCall ~ mediocre journeyman who poleaxed Lewis. "Drug Addict"
                      Botha ~ Steroid freak Class C fighter
                      Morrison ~ HIV coming off one round KO loss to one Michael Bent
                      Bruno ~ Gave Lewis a lesson in boxing & Jabbing, past best
                      Mercer ~ limited fighter who was schooled by 42yr old Holmes
                      Mavrovic ~ Who?.. very limited European Class C fighter

Forgotten on list

Tucker ~ Drug addict who looked terrible
                      Butler ~ Class C fighter with as many losses as wins on record
                      Fortune ~ who?
                      Akinwande ~ Pathetic
                      Jackson ~ who?
                      Briggs ~ Steroid freak, exposed by journeyman Marion Wilson KO3
                      Tyson ~ Ex Champion who was more than a decade past his best. Drug addict, addicted to prescription anti-depressants, alcohol, cocaine & cannabis. a zombie compared to 16yrs previous.

Mike Tyson resume..

Holmes ~ former champ who went 23-3 after loss (3 title fights)
                      Berbick ~ reigning champion
                      Tucker ~ reigning champion
                      Bruno x2 ~ reigning champion
                      Seldon ~ reigning champion
                      Thomas ~ former champion 29-1
                      Smith ~ reigning champion
                      Biggs ~ undefeated Olympic champion
                      Tubbs ~ former champion 24-1
                      Spinks ~ reigning undefeated champion
                      Williams ~ former title challenger
                      Douglas ~ former title challenger
                      Holyfield x2 ~ former and current undisputed champion

Lewis resume clearly inferior to Mike Tyson's resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X