No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis: A Career Re-Examined

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Speaking of claims, didn't Sonny claim earlier in this thread that he was going to delete his account here?
    Nope, i am having fun here on this thread. i am enjoying your imput and your little snipes at me. Feel free to drop me a PM if you struggle with anything to do with this thread as i will be around to the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Post #104 in this thread! I just can't keep up with that. Your Lennox Lewis obsession will not be halted. Your a vile rotten toothed mother ****er and I'll be exposing you from time to time in other threads. But when it comes to Lennox Lewis I can never match you in volume. I'm too distracted by real life.
      You expose me??? Don't make me ****ing laugh you butt spreading little midget.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Speaking of claims, didn't Sonny claim earlier in this thread that he was going to delete his account here?
        That would be a breath of fresh air, but everyone here already knows that Sonny couldn't keep his word if his life depended on it. His world revolves around seeking attention on an internet forum. As we've all seen time and time again, the poor little fella just has no control of what comes from his keyboard. He is BScenes most obsessive little attention whore.

Lies about weird **** to make himself feel important, when no one gives a **** and sees straight through his silly little fantasy world, and seeks as much attention from every angle and person as possible.

You remember stories about demented chicks in high school that would claim rape or sexual abuse from her dad or some other weird **** for no other reason than she was desperate for attention and would do anything to get it? Well, that's Sonny.

If it takes hilarious and absurdly obvious lies, boring Lewis obsessions and whining like a poor little victim about deleting his account to get it, that's what he'll do. Classic ***** mentality.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          That would be a breath of fresh air, but everyone here already knows that Sonny couldn't keep his word if his life depended on it. His world revolves around seeking attention on an internet forum. As we've all seen time and time again, the poor little fella just has no control of what comes from his keyboard. He is BScenes most obsessive little attention whore.

Lies about weird **** to make himself feel important, when no one gives a **** and sees straight through his silly little fantasy world, and seeks as much attention from every angle and person as possible.

You remember stories about demented chicks in high school that would claim rape or sexual abuse from her dad or some other weird **** for no other reason than she was desperate for attention and would do anything to get it? Well, that's Sonny.

If it takes hilarious and absurdly obvious lies, boring Lewis obsessions and whining like a poor little victim about deleting his account to get it, that's what he'll do. Classic ***** mentality.
          This post is brilliant Benny.. I love it when posters come on here and spend 20-30 minutes, typing out a "Hate post".. it makes me feel satisfaction. It makes me feel it has all been worth it. By reading your post i feel warmth inside, knowing that you have been reading my excellent posts on this subject. I know that you are hurting inside knowing the truth about your hero's career.

I get emails on a weekly basis from dozens of boxing fans, thanking me for exposing LL.. Thanking me for telling it how it really unfolded. Benny, i know you are a clown. But your post above tells me i have hit the nail on the head. i know how you like to boast, "Lewis beats Muhammad Ali 8 out of 10" Ha Ha Ha.. You are a joker Benny... Here in the UK the name Benny means idiot

Comment

• Well Joeandthebums, Due to these clowns only having their usual name-calling posts. I feel it is time to move on with your next chapter.

Please bare in mind Joe, that the only evidence posted in the last section came from yourself and me. in fact the only evidence in the entire thread has only came from me and you. So the final conclusions should be very interesting.

These clowns, Benny, Billeau2, Scott, Joeyzagz and Co. actually believe their name calling is scaring me off. Little do they know i sit laughing at their childishness.

Not once have any of them been able to disprove a single thing i have claimed. If they could, they would.

Comment

• The cheeky wink Bowe had given to the camera before he rose to contest the thrilling tenth round of that epic first Holyfield fight seemed to suggest that he had the confidence, the swagger and, above all, the talent to stay at the top. It didn't work out like that. A few weeks after winning the title, in a stunt with his then manager Rock Newman, he dropped the World Boxing Council belt in a London dustbin after refusing to fight the one man he truly feared: Lennox Lewis, who had beaten him in the super heavyweight final at the 1988 Seoul Olympics.

'He may say that he was fooled into tossing that WBC belt away, but I believe he wanted to avoid Lewis, who was the WBC's number one contender,' says the Florida-based boxing historian Frank Kaplan. 'Lewis was a greater fighter than Bowe; he would have licked him. Bowe had a lot of talent, but he never wanted more. If he'd had desire, he could've been in Lewis's class.'

Bowe's opinion of Lewis is anything but classy. 'You've been around boxing, right? Well, you never see him with a woman, do you?' He maintains he respects Lewis for being the champion, but: 'I think the heavyweight champ should be the man of men ... If I could get Lewis now, I can retire happy. I want him not just for the title, but for the [Olympic] gold.'

'He may say that he was fooled into tossing that WBC belt away, but I believe he wanted to avoid Lewis, who was the WBC's number one contender,' says the Florida-based boxing historian Frank Kaplan. 'Lewis was a greater fighter than Bowe; he would have licked him.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                The cheeky wink Bowe had given to the camera before he rose to contest the thrilling tenth round of that epic first Holyfield fight seemed to suggest that he had the confidence, the swagger and, above all, the talent to stay at the top. It didn't work out like that. A few weeks after winning the title, in a stunt with his then manager Rock Newman, he dropped the World Boxing Council belt in a London dustbin after refusing to fight the one man he truly feared: Lennox Lewis, who had beaten him in the super heavyweight final at the 1988 Seoul Olympics.

'He may say that he was fooled into tossing that WBC belt away, but I believe he wanted to avoid Lewis, who was the WBC's number one contender,' says the Florida-based boxing historian Frank Kaplan. 'Lewis was a greater fighter than Bowe; he would have licked him. Bowe had a lot of talent, but he never wanted more. If he'd had desire, he could've been in Lewis's class.'

Bowe's opinion of Lewis is anything but classy. 'You've been around boxing, right? Well, you never see him with a woman, do you?' He maintains he respects Lewis for being the champion, but: 'I think the heavyweight champ should be the man of men ... If I could get Lewis now, I can retire happy. I want him not just for the title, but for the [Olympic] gold.'

'He may say that he was fooled into tossing that WBC belt away, but I believe he wanted to avoid Lewis, who was the WBC's number one contender,' says the Florida-based boxing historian Frank Kaplan. 'Lewis was a greater fighter than Bowe; he would have licked him.
                That is just one guy's opinion.. I very much doubt The Heavyweight Champion of the World would be afraid of a contender. Bowe was looking forward to fighting Mike Tyson, who was the most feared man on the planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  That is just one guy's opinion.. I very much doubt The Heavyweight Champion of the World would be afraid of a contender. Bowe was looking forward to fighting Mike Tyson, who was the most feared man on the planet.
                  That's not true Tyson was in prison until 94/95 and both were friends who had a verbal agreement not to fight one another anyway if they ever had to....

BOXING; Attention: Challenger Is Dokes, Not Lewis

By MICHAEL MARTINEZ

It is Michael Dokes who will step into the ring Saturday night at Madison
                  Square Garden and fight for Riddick Bowe's heavyweight title, but the question that Rock Newman, the champion's manager, can't seem to avoid is this: Why isn't it Lennox Lewis who will be meeting Bowe?

Because boxing is a sport that doesn't always yield to logic, the bout between Bowe and Dokes seems to fall considerably short of epic.

Three months after Bowe beat Evander Holyfield for the undisputed title in a fight that bordered on memorable, Bowe is taking on an opponent who is looking for one last big purse. Dokes, at 34, has lost most of the quickness that once made him a champion. Falling Apart

Lewis, the World Boxing Council's top contender, stood in line to take on the Bowe-Holyfield winner, but when it came time to make a deal and fulfill a signed agreement with the W.B.C., everything fell apart.

Newman offered Lewis $3 million for a title fight, but Frank Maloney, Lewis's manager, rejected it as too little. By the time Maloney and Lewis changed their minds, however, Newman pulled the deal and threw the W.B.C. belt into a trash can rather than be forced to follow its dictum.

Now Newman and Bowe have Dokes, a soft touch for Bowe's first title defense, even if Lewis seems the most worthy opponent.

Why Dokes?

"Because Michael Dokes has nine straight victories, he's the former W.B.A. champion; he's ranked and he's got 50 wins," Newman said in a conference call with reporters yesterday from Bowe's camp in the Poconos. "He deserves another shot, and 14,000 other people think he does, too." 'Why Not?'

Bowe (32-0 with 27 knockouts), asked if he felt that Dokes was an opponent who deserved a title fight, said: "Sure, why not? He's rated in the top 10."

Actually, he isn't. According to the most recent ratings issued by boxing's governing groups -- the World Boxing Association, World Boxing Council and International Boxing Federation -- Dokes (50-3-2 with 32 knockouts) isn't ranked among the world's top 10 fighters.

N.Y times

Again.....

Newman offered Lewis $3 million for a title fight, but Frank Maloney, Lewis's manager, rejected it as too little. By the time Maloney and Lewis changed their minds, however, Newman pulled the deal and threw the W.B.C. belt into a trash can rather than be forced to follow its dictum

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    Tyson was not going to fight bowe and you have been proven to be exactly what you are... As Juggy said they were friends, thats a well known fact and again, as others have said Bowe vis a vis Newman quikly rejected any offer to fight Lewis that might have come to fruition.

You are a halfwit through and through. A real idiot who is lucky to get negative attention for trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
                      Nov 13: Bowe defeats Holyfield, claims WBC, WBA & IBF titles
                      The negotiation timeline should start when all 4 fighters : Riddick, Evander, Ruddock, and Lennox first agreed to face each other in the 3 fight tournament. HBO and the promised to deliver this tournament to the fans.

The fact Bowe was even entertaining a Dokes fight in the midst of negotiations is disrespectful to the spirit of the tournament. He was trying to weasel out of the very agreement that made him a champ in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X