No announcement yet.

Pea, Roy or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    When I posted my opinion I stated that I did not want to prod a hornet's nest..that meant basically that the gangstalking idiots like you would understand code for, lets not go there and fvc up a good thread. Your an azz who cannot acept a difference of opinion its that simple. I won't be censored because of a lack of maturity, its that simple.

The problem with you and Dan and others is not that you think Floyd won, but the need to harass people with a different opinion. Its childish and ******, grow up.
    See the problem is that kind of opinion is like an STD you get if you spend too much time on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
      See the problem is that kind of opinion is like an STD you get if you spend too much time on NSB.
      No "opinion" is something that can be challenged where it is appropriate to do so. We are entitled to hold an opinion, when social coercion determines what opinions we hold we have bigger problems than faulty opinions.

There are plenty of threads to discuss the pac May fight....this is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Wow.

You didn't strike me as childish.
        I don't like hypocracy. i also don't like being socially coerced across threads because i hold a certain opinion. And it really bugs me when seasoned posters like you and Daze act out that way.

There are plenty of threads to discuss the merits of this fight, there is absolutely no reason to have two or three posters start bs on a thread that has nothing to do with an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I didn't respond to you. I responded to another poster and one I respect greatly.

And if you say ****** things people are going to comment about it. That's just what happens.
          There is a tendency for people to carry over opinions about the Floyd Pac fight...its toxic. you know that, I know that.

having said that I did overreact a bit and I apologize. I overreact to things like that because I sincerely believe that one of the biggest dangers with the internet is socially coercing people inappropriately based on what are percieved to be ****** ideas, opinions etc.

Socrates had the best method for showing the validity of an opinion, and at the very least I think people can have areas designed where "no holds barred" if you have a silly notion you get razed....but I also realize this is hard to guage.
          Last edited by billeau2; 09-22-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

No "opinion" is something that can be challenged where it is appropriate to do so. We are entitled to hold an opinion, when social coercion determines what opinions we hold we have bigger problems than faulty opinions.

There are plenty of threads to discuss the pac May fight....this is not one of them.
            Sure. You probably meant to write "cannot be challenged".

We are discussing fights which are important to Pea, Roy and Floyd's career. How they looked. Whether the result was fair etc. Some fights are close and debatable (Floyd-Castillo 1, Pea-Oscar). Some are so wrong they are not even debatable (Pea-JC, probably Pea-Ramirez 1 but I have not seen that one in ages). Finally, some are correct decisions, which idiots like to debate because they cannot accept the outcome, which is more common with recent fights (May-Pac). It seems neither Dan, Dazed, or me feel like dignifying your statement on the fight as a legit opinion. You will have to deal with it.

Comment

Sure. You probably meant to write "cannot be challenged".

We are discussing fights which are important to Pea, Roy and Floyd's career. How they looked. Whether the result was fair etc. Some fights are close and debatable (Floyd-Castillo 1, Pea-Oscar). Some are so wrong they are not even debatable (Pea-JC, probably Pea-Ramirez 1 but I have not seen that one in ages). Finally, some are correct decisions, which idiots like to debate because they cannot accept the outcome, which is more common with recent fights (May-Pac). It seems neither Dan, Dazed, or me feel like dignifying your statement on the fight as a legit opinion. You will have to deal with it.
              no please by all means don't dignify it!

Comment

no please by all means don't dignify it!
                Don't worry. The thought did not cross anyone's mind

Comment

Don't worry. The thought did not cross anyone's mind
                  You owned yourself by getting involved in something that resolved...when you respond toi something you dignify it with a response...so don't go away mad, just go away as they say.

Long after you continued dignifying the issue at hand...it was dealt with...so yeah again: please don't dignify my posts with a response that would be most welcome in your case.

Now you can post on this again, please do, but I will not be dignifying you with a response...you dig!?

Comment

You owned yourself by getting involved in something that resolved...when you respond toi something you dignify it with a response...so don't go away mad, just go away as they say.

Long after you continued dignifying the issue at hand...it was dealt with...so yeah again: please don't dignify my posts with a response that would be most welcome in your case.

Now you can post on this again, please do, but I will not be dignifying you with a response...you dig!?
                    There is a difference between replying to a point and replying to a person. It is not hard to grasp. I am sure it is within the realm of possible even for you.

Comment

On the Toney-Jones fight. Normally I would call weight excuses for what they are. Excuses. But Toney's track record shows he could eat and dehydrate his way into horrible performances. So I will buy that from Toney (and also from Duran). I still rank RJ> Toney, and think the outcome would still beat Rj UD12, but no that was not the real Toney. IMO. But I love Toney.
                      Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                      It also helps not to become a crackhead to throw your career away, to put it bluntly. Instead Floyd took another route and stayed healthy and in shape his entire career, even working out when he was in prison.
                      Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      2/3 failed drug tests and the other was su****iously IV'd for the FOTC.

I'll go with Sweetpea on the grounds he only failed his test for *******.
                      what makes these kinds of comparisons tough for me is that whitaker's ******* addiction caused his prime to end earlier just like toney's abuse of his body by overeating and then dehydration, so many fights where he was out of shape and dehydrated, ruined their records while Floyd and RJJ were smart enough to avoid those disadvantages. on the other hand, only Pea never tested positive for PEDS. jones and whitaker had the more amazing reflexes and natural ability, and I like the poster that said Roy had the most heart

Comment

Working...
                      X